Ass-Surgery Thread (Taking Hydromethadone at work?)

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Am I going to be useless the rest of the day once I take this thing? I'm a little scared - I don't know what the effects will be. The bottle says "may cause drowsiness" but does that mean a little sleepy or coma? Should I take it? I'm having trouble concentrating due to the thing it was prescribed for in the first place so I guess I might as well but I'd like to get some opinions...

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for it. The worst that could happen is you will just be numb and zone out.

Or you could split it in half, take one half and sell the other half for a sandwich or something.

I didn't think to take only 1/2 of it. I hope it works. I just took it so I guess I'll find out soon enough...

Taking prescribed pain killers at work can be dangerous. It depends on your level of work. If you are driving a forklift I would not recommend it, but if you are sitting in front of a computer monitor all day then maybe consider it. And if you are in customer service absolutely take it.

But really if it hurts that much why not go home. If you got a doctor to write you a prescription then you can get a doctor to write you a note to stay home for the day.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']What is your tolerance for heroin or cocaine?[/QUOTE]

He's a Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer. This is a new experience for him.

I've never tried it other than last night before bed and it had little to no effect other than making me sweat a lot and have a dry mouth. It's been 30 minutes and I don't feel anything... maybe a little more alert but that would be the opposite of what is on the label. I have a really high tolerance for anesthesia generally so maybe that is playing a part in this.

Worst thing that happens is you fall asleep and shit your pants.

Oh wait, you've been down part of that road before. :lol:

In your line of work, since you're not working heavy machinery, you should be OK.

[quote name='javeryh']This stuff is seriously lame. It's been 2+ hours and I don't feel any different at all.[/QUOTE]

That's a sign that you should take more.

[quote name='javeryh']This stuff is seriously lame. It's been 2+ hours and I don't feel any different at all.[/QUOTE]

I had the same experience with Percoset and Hydrocodone when I was prescribed them for an injury. It did nothing for the pain, and the only effects it seemed to have were I felt hotter and I had trouble sleeping and made me sleepy alternately. Morphine seemed to be the same for me. It could just be that these types of drugs don't work that well on you.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']A little surprised nobody has asked, "Why are you taking it?"

Please, PLEASE tell me it involves shitting.[/QUOTE]

Your wish is granted. I have a Pilonidal Abscess at the base of my spine. It hurts like a motherfucker and I can't even sit down. It is infected because of my awesome poop particles doing their naughty business. I need surgery to remove it and I'll know more later in the week when I have my consult.

I took another percoset and I still don't feel anything. I'm pissed because I thought I'd at least be a little loopy.

[quote name='javeryh']Your wish is granted. I have a Pilonidal Abscess at the base of my spine. It hurts like a motherfucker and I can't even sit down. It is infected because of my awesome poop particles doing their naughty business. I need surgery to remove it and I'll know more later in the week when I have my consult.

I took another percoset and I still don't feel anything. I'm pissed because I thought I'd at least be a little loopy.[/QUOTE]
Ouch. *googles* ZOINKS!

So sorry I even joked about that, man!

heh, yeah - it sucks but hopefully it will be over soon. I'm still afraid to google image it (I can't see it myself).

Percocet won't make you shit, it will constipate you if anything. And what strength/how many are you taking? If you have the 5/325 it probably won't make you that drowsy or anything, it's only 5 mg oxycodone. FYI there are 80 mg extended release oxycodone products so 5 is relatively low. By the way I'm not a druggy, I'm in the latter part of pharmacy school.

[quote name='javeryh']heh, yeah - it sucks but hopefully it will be over soon. I'm still afraid to google image it (I can't see it myself).[/QUOTE]
Don't. Please don't.

[quote name='javeryh']Your wish is granted. I have a Pilonidal Abscess at the base of my spine. It hurts like a motherfucker and I can't even sit down. It is infected because of my awesome poop particles doing their naughty business. I need surgery to remove it and I'll know more later in the week when I have my consult.

I took another percoset and I still don't feel anything. I'm pissed because I thought I'd at least be a little loopy.[/QUOTE]

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Pilonidal+Abscess&FORM=BIFD#

[quote name='javeryh']heh, yeah - it sucks but hopefully it will be over soon. I'm still afraid to google image it (I can't see it myself).[/QUOTE]

My good friend had one removed last year. He basically had to hire a nurse to help change his bandages. You should know what you're getting into...

The abscess is leaking fluid on its own which is good so I'm told (but messy). It's like a puss/blood mixture which is awesome. I've been keeping clean with baby wipes around the clock so there isn't a stench as far as I can tell. I'm hoping after the surgery there won't be any real mess to deal with but I guess I won't know until tomorrow when I meet the surgeon.

[quote name='javeryh']The pills have a 512 imprinted on them if that helps...[/QUOTE]

That's 5mg/325 mg per Clinical Pharmacology. The 325 is acetaminophen, so basically a regular tylenol mixed in. Your condition sounds fucking painful though. They probably gave you that so you can still function at work and make it home ok while being in a little less pain. You can probably take two to cover you for like 6 hours though, ask your doc.

[quote name='javeryh']The abscess is leaking fluid on its own which is good so I'm told (but messy). It's like a puss/blood mixture which is awesome. I've been keeping clean with baby wipes around the clock so there isn't a stench as far as I can tell. I'm hoping after the surgery there won't be any real mess to deal with but I guess I won't know until tomorrow when I meet the surgeon.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried squeezing it?

THe more I squeeze it the more fluid leaks out. It is also very painful - the doctor bent me over to squeeze some puss out and I was like "Mooooon River.... if I don't get a card from you on Valentine's Day I'm going to be very upset."

I came into the thread thinking "hmm, this should be good" and now I'm sorry I ever came in here. Hope that shit goes well, man. :lol:

weirdly enough, i was just reading about some guy on a Counterstrike forum who had to go into surgery for the same predicament....he went in, but then they postponed the surgery because the doctor couldn't see the thing? From descriptions here, i'm not sure how you wouldn't be able to see it.

Surgery yesterday was successful. The cyst they removed was about the size of a grape - it was at the base of my spine right on my tailbone. I'm still a little groggy and I slept a lot yesterday. I think I'll be back at work on Friday but I'm still in quite a bit of pain - thank god for vicoden. They didn't close the wound - they packed it with gauze and it has to close from the inside out or else I'd be susceptible to another cyst. I think I have to take it easy for a while but it sucks that I can't sit down.

On the bright side I have graduated from percoset to vicodin!

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Any youtube video of the birth of the grape-sized lawyer?[/QUOTE]

No - I asked if they could put it in a little jar for me to take home but they said they couldn't.

I can't think of a worse place to have a cyst.Well, maybe on your ass.

Saw a pic once of a guy with a giant cyst on his head. Looked like a second head.

[quote name='shieryda']Did they teach you a safer method of wiping your bum after you shit?[/QUOTE]

I think the first concern is getting into a comfortable shitting position after a surgery like that.

congrats on the surgery and graduation of pain pills...Over the past year I have taken Percoset (3mg), vicodin (5mg), Percoset (7mg), Percoset (10mg), A high dose of Oxcycottin and currently I am on a fentanaly patch which is a very strong drug that the patch disburses x amount of micrograms and hour for 3 days. Last doctors visit he said if things don't get better then I will graduate to a morphine pump....

If you are lucky, you can continue to graduate like me...( I kid I kid)

Good luck, and hopefully you don't have any problems weening off of the drugs

[quote name='ryanbph']congrats on the surgery and graduation of pain pills...Over the past year I have taken Percoset (3mg), vicodin (5mg), Percoset (7mg), Percoset (10mg), A high dose of Oxcycottin and currently I am on a fentanaly patch which is a very strong drug that the patch disburses x amount of micrograms and hour for 3 days. Last doctors visit he said if things don't get better then I will graduate to a morphine pump....

If you are lucky, you can continue to graduate like me...( I kid I kid)

Good luck, and hopefully you don't have any problems weening off of the drugs[/QUOTE]

Do you have cancer? Why so much pain medication?

bread's done
Back