Assassin's Creed 2 $36 Walmart

the more i read about this game, the more i want it. But i still need to finish the first 1 *got borred of how repetitive it felt, but ive read this one is great

Thanks to original poster. This is a great in-store price. I was going to buy online, but the extra money for the tax is offset by the joy of having the game to play tonight.

By the way, at the Columbia, MD store the price was still $60. I showed the assistant manager the web price on my phone and luckily he matched it.

Surprised this game dropped so quickly. I rented it and absolutely LOVED it. I'd recommend it to anyone who owns a 360. At $36 you can't go wrong.

this is ONLY online, it rang up at $60 in-store this afternoon! OP, maybe next time you should get your facts straight before you start a thread...

[quote name='hypertek']the more i read about this game, the more i want it. But i still need to finish the first 1 *got borred of how repetitive it felt, but ive read this one is great[/QUOTE]

same here I just gave up on AC1, but AC2 is way better than AC1 never gets boring and story is great AFAIK you don't really need to finish AC1 to play AC2 but then again I never finished AC1 so don;t know how it ends

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']this is ONLY online, it rang up at $60 in-store this afternoon! OP, maybe next time you should get your facts straight before you start a thread...[/QUOTE]

Maybe next time he just won't even post a deal because assholes like you have to come on here thinking their mightier than god on a video game forum.

Deals at Walmart tend to be YMMV so who's to say he didn't get this price at his store? And if you had read the thread, which isn't even that big I might add, you would have noticed that another user already posted that his store had it for $60 but they matched the website for him.

[quote name='SaveSome']Walmart has Assassin's Creed 2 at a discounted price of $36, both online and in-store. Also 5% BCB available by Bing searching baby diapers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. Please do not get discouraged by some of the earlier comments and keep up the good work. :applause:

[quote name='no_exit']it's a ubisoft title. Nobody should be surprised. I'm waiting for the inevitable $19.99.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']this is ONLY online, it rang up at $60 in-store this afternoon! OP, maybe next time you should get your facts straight before you start a thread...[/QUOTE]

When you run into a problem what do you do...

a fellow CAG member using brain:
"By the way, at the Columbia, MD store the price was still $60. I showed the assistant manager the web price on my phone and luckily he matched it. "

[quote name='SaveSome']Walmart has Assassin's Creed 2 at a discounted price of $36, both online and in-store. Also 5% BCB available by Bing searching baby diapers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the deal. Ignore the negative comments. Some people here are paid bashers. :booty:

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Maybe next time he just won't even post a deal because assholes like you have to come on here thinking their mightier than god on a video game forum.

Deals at Walmart tend to be YMMV so who's to say he didn't get this price at his store? And if you had read the thread, which isn't even that big I might add, you would have noticed that another user already posted that his store had it for $60 but they matched the website for him.[/QUOTE]
actually i tried that BEFORE the other user posted anything about, when i stopped there on the way to work in the afternoon. the manager told me that on-line pricing is different than in-store pricing, and it was $59.96 if i wanted to buy it in store, so i put it down and walked out.

[quote name='SaveSome']a fellow CAG member using brain:
"By the way, at the Columbia, MD store the price was still $60. I showed the assistant manager the web price on my phone and luckily he matched it. "[/QUOTE]
actually, using your brain would have been posting that the deal is online, and only posting that it was in-store if someone VERIFIED that it was also in-store. this isn't rocket science...

and as far as the YMMV thing goes, sure most Walmart in-store deals are thought to be a YMMV, UNLESS the poster SAYS it's in-store and DOESN'T SAY it's a YMMV. i'm still waiting for the OP to edit the original post, after more than one person here said that the sale ONLY applies to online, unless you want to try your luck and get a price match in typical YMMV fashion...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']actually i tried that BEFORE the other user posted anything about, when i stopped there on the way to work in the afternoon. the manager told me that on-line pricing is different than in-store pricing, and it was $59.96 if i wanted to buy it in store, so i put it down and walked out.

actually, using your brain would have been posting that the deal is online, and only posting that it was in-store if someone VERIFIED that it was also in-store. this isn't rocket science...

and as far as the YMMV thing goes, sure most Walmart in-store deals are thought to be a YMMV, UNLESS the poster SAYS it's in-store and DOESN'T SAY it's a YMMV. i'm still waiting for the OP to edit the original post, after more than one person here said that the sale ONLY applies to online, unless you want to try your luck and get a price match in typical YMMV fashion...[/QUOTE]

The problem everyone has with you is that you had to come in stating it like the biggest cocksucker around. Now answer me this if he notices that it's $36 online and goes to the store and is also able to get it for $36 there would it not make sense that he figured it was just the normal price at walmart. and not YMMV? Any educated CAG knows that almost all Walmart brick and mortar deals are YMMV.

The fact is you acted like a douche regardless if his post was wrong or not. He was just trying to help, you're just being a destructive ass.

I agree with the praise. AC2 was a really good game. If you were turned off by the repetition in AC1, you'll be amazed at the original gameplay that has been added.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Any educated CAG knows that almost all Walmart brick and mortar deals are YMMV.[/QUOTE]
you're absolutely right, UNLESS the OP stating the deal says otherwise when he/she posts it, which was EXACTLY the case here...

[quote name='exileinoblivion'] The fact is you acted like a douche regardless if his post was wrong or not. He was just trying to help, you're just being a destructive ass.[/QUOTE]
well, if the post wasn't wrong than obviously i would have had no reason to act like i did, but it was and i drove to a Walmart for no reason because the OP said it was in-store without knowing if it was in-store or not. if everyone here posted deals when they though something was a deal, without actually confirming the specifics of it, than a lot of other people here would be just as pissed as i was. and while we're at it, let's not use YMMV in deals anymore either, because if you get a deal that someone's not sure about than just consider yourself lucky... :roll:

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']you're absolutely right, UNLESS the OP stating the deal says otherwise when he/she posts it, which was EXACTLY the case here...

well, if the post wasn't wrong than obviously i would have had no reason to act like i did, but it was and i drove to a Walmart for no reason because the OP said it was in-store without knowing if it was in-store or not. if everyone here posted deals when they though something was a deal, without actually confirming the specifics of it, than a lot of other people here would be just as pissed as i was. and while we're at it, let's not use YMMV in deals anymore either, because if you get a deal that someone's not sure about than just consider yourself lucky... :roll:[/QUOTE]

But you even stated that you saw another poster saying his store had it for $60 so you have absolutely no right to complain when you knew the risk before driving out there.

bread's done
Back