-=ASSASSINS CREED 2=-
MASTER EDITION - $79
504x_AssassinsCreedIIPS3.jpg

NEW INFORMATION/VIDEOS from E3:
Game Demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUDIHQpXorE

Cinematic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-aM-D3FT4w

Repetition for me is a point of view, really. Like, what is repetitive or not? You know, sometimes you go and play the same game over and over again and you are all right with the repetitiveness of it. And in AC1 some people just couldn't bear it. We listened to them while we were making the second one, but, I wasn't nervous or mad. What I was a little disappointed with was some reviewers, how they treated us. They have the right to their opinions and everything, but I felt like they maybe went too fast. But you know what? I also received [opinions that were] the other way around. People being really happy about the game. Doing it two, three, four, five times.
Interview at Joystiq:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/interview-assassins-creed-2-creative-director-patrice-desilet/
All the PRE-E3 stuff, including the teaser info ect.:
(Game Informer magazine scans on page 2 by theLonePig!)
----------
assa2_x360.jpg

Image6.png

EIZO (stolen before removed ;) )

A teaser was just released with the promises of some information next week:
http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/teaser/

-------
GameInformer DETAILS LEAKED:
So a member from the official AC forums have gotten the GI early and has posted some details:

- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
- You CAN swim
- Da Vincis workshop is in the game
- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
- So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
- The "Auditore" family is mentioned
- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
- He is a nobleman of Florence
- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
- YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.
- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
- Each weapon has a special move.
- 16 unique mission types.
- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.
- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
- You can still climb towers and ride horses
- The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
- 240 people are working on this title.

Sounds good. Although I'm worried about the option to use, "axes, hammers and spears". I hope they aren't going the Ninja Gaiden route... I better not see a picture of Ezio holding a huge axe.
--------
AC2 Artifacts TEASER
Also, if you click around the site it will bring up this PDF file:
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/emea/gamesites/assassinscreed/teaser/pdf/us/artifact_efbui.pdf

Stating:
1. PRINT ARTIFACT SYMBOL
2. LOCATE WELL LIT WORK AREA
3. ACTIVATE LOCAL WEBCAM
4. INITIATE VIRUTAL INTERFACE
5. DETERMINE MATCHING PARTITION

If you print out the symbol and hold it up your webcam in the AC2 teaser area, it will pop up certain images-
Here is all five for you lazies:
animus_complete.jpg

And the code names for each artifact if decoded are:
1. Death - shows the arm of Eizo (with no finger missing)
2. Hero - shows the back of the main character Eizo
3. Upgrade - shows the DaVinci mirrored man image, holding two hidden blades
4. Fly - The artifact is validated but the image does not show up
5. Anatomy - The artifact is validated but the image does not show up

NEW TEASER TRAILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvJfkegvcCw

New pictures from Kotaku:
http://kotaku.com/5236354/new-assassins-creed-ii-screens-show-off-swimming-flying

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah trippy shit. If you hold the paper up to the webcam in the flash window, a 3d model of altairs arm is attached to the paper and you can move it around... really cool

oooh man, I'm excited to see what will happen with the story.

Hopefully the issues from the first are fixed up too.

I hope they tie in the story from the first one well. That was really the only part I was disappointed with for AC. The two storylines where pretty much stand alone until the very end, and to say it left me confused is an understatement.

I hope you get to play in whatever time frame the real world part of the game took place in. Enough of this ancient greece shinanigans.

After purchasing the first one, then watching it plummet in price a mere week or two later, I'll be sitting this one out until Ubisoft drops the price...so a month or two at most.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Hopefully they'll make this one less repetitive.[/quote]

Yea , I must admit it was very repetitive but I guess thats the life of an assassain:D Still I did enjoy the 1st AC , so I have high hopes for this one . . . .

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Woah trippy shit. If you hold the paper up to the webcam in the flash window, a 3d model of altairs arm is attached to the paper and you can move it around... really cool[/quote]
Should of been Jade Raymond's arm.

When are we going to hear about her I Am Alive game? Anyways, I'm still stuck up on how the gameplay videos from the first Assassins Creed had the blue matrix going on everytime you killed someone.

So here is what you see (no it is not me):
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8765/armv.jpg

Is there a reason why that persons hand has five fingers?

[quote name='Kaijufan']Hopefully they'll make this one less repetitive.[/quote]
Yes, that is my number one hope for the game.

And I hope they make it so you get clues on the whereabouts and the target is only there at certain times. Altair was never in a rush.

So a member from the official AC forums have gotten the GI early and has posted some details:

- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
- You CAN swim
- Da Vincis workshop is in the game
- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
- So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
- The "Auditore" family is mentioned
- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
- He is a nobleman of Florence
- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
- YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.
- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
- Each weapon has a special move.
- 16 unique mission types.
- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.
- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
- You can still climb towers and ride horses
- The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
- 240 people are working on this title.

Sounds good. Although I'm worried about the option to use, "axes, hammers and spears". I hope they aren't going the Ninja Gaiden route... I better not see a picture of Ezio holding a huge axe.

Hopefully they reach the potential that the first game hinted at. The new hero looks very well done.

One of my main gripes with the game besides the repetition was that you couldn't really stealth kill your targets too well. It seemed like you would be able to, especially the one with on-stage executions by getting to the platforms alongside him and using the throwing blades, but they never killed a target in one hit. Even though they did on every other enemy in the game.

I guess I wanted a little more Hitman-esque creative killing mixed in with it.

I got the GI issue today. Looks great! I thought the graphics on the first game were top notch and this one is noticeably better. There isn't a lot of plot detail in the article, but (as the OP already notes) they have added swimming capabilities. There are also sneak kills from underwater and from haystacks. Leonardo da Vinci's flying machine is a playable element as well, so that ought to be interesting.

Based on the various templar-conspiracy books/movies I've read/seen, da Vinci is suspected of being a templar. Is it possible that the character this go around is a templar? It'd be interesting to come at it from the other side of the struggle, but it would make picking sides in the inevitable third game more difficult.

Ah, you lucky bastard. I've been calling places seeing if I can get the magazine. =( Nobody has it.

I gotta find a free subscription for GI.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ah, you lucky bastard. I've been calling places seeing if I can get the magazine. =( Nobody has it.

I gotta find a free subscription for GI.[/quote]

Care for scans? I can get them up later this evening.

GameInformer scans:

I'll let them do the talking for the most part, but let it be known that my theory about playing a Templar is shot. It's confirmed that Ezio is an Assassin and that he is directly related to Altair and Desmond.

AC2-1.jpg

AC2-2.jpg

AC2-3.jpg

AC2-4.jpg

AC2-5.jpg

AC2-6.jpg

AC2-7.jpg

AC2-8.jpg

AC2-9.jpg

AC2-10.jpg

Right-click the scan and choose 'view picture' if you'd like to see it larger.

The Renaissance art direction is much more appealing than the Jerusalem from the first.

I wish they would just dump that unnecessary sci-fi aspect altogether or at least acknowledged it's infused into this world and not make it a surprise like it was the first time around (PR are probably going to ignore it just like they did during the first). Hopefully it won't detour me away like it did the first time (that and the uniformal groan of the repetitive mission structures on forums).

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']The Renaissance art direction is much more appealing than the Jerusalem from the first.

I wish they would just dump that unnecessary sci-fi aspect altogether or at least acknowledged it's infused into this world and not make it a surprise like it was the first time around (PR are probably going to ignore it just like they did during the first). Hopefully it won't detour me away like it did the first time (that and the uniformal groan of the repetitive mission structures on forums).[/quote]

To be honest I didn't mind the repetitive mission structure. It was the out of middle ages sections of the story that I didn't like. It confused me alot, and this is coming from someone who really paid attention to the assassions/templar story .

Agh, I need this now. I hope the towns people talk is more varied. Im still worried about being able to weild axes and hammers... I hope it's like mirrors edge where ya can only use the big weapons for a bit

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']The Renaissance art direction is much more appealing than the Jerusalem from the first.

I wish they would just dump that unnecessary sci-fi aspect altogether or at least acknowledged it's infused into this world and not make it a surprise like it was the first time around (PR are probably going to ignore it just like they did during the first). Hopefully it won't detour me away like it did the first time (that and the uniformal groan of the repetitive mission structures on forums).[/quote]

Unnecessary? Desmond is a very interesting character and the developments in his world are fascinating.

Besides, its not like it was even a suprise since its revealed after the first mission.

Oh and I forgot to thank you LonePig for posting the scans! I wanted to wait for the magazine to come out, but I couldn't resist! Thank you. Looks great.

[quote name='heavyd853']Unnecessary? Desmond is a very interesting character and the developments in his world are fascinating. [/QUOTE]
Agreed.

I'm more interested in finding out what happens to him than whatever story they come up with for Ezio. I think its a good system. Fun gameplay and setting with the assassin, interesting story with Desmond.

You don't think the sci-fi part was a surprise? I guess I should've figured out due to that funky blue matrix effect in videos, but still the preview coverage never gave a screenshot of that part of the game; only Jerusalem coverage - no mention of that Desmond guy until people on forums said they didn't like the surprise and that put me off by listening to their impressions.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh and I forgot to thank you LonePig for posting the scans! I wanted to wait for the magazine to come out, but I couldn't resist! Thank you. Looks great.[/quote]

No problem. I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one that thoroughly enjoyed AC. This thread is making me want to play it again.

[quote name='thelonepig']No problem. I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one that thoroughly enjoyed AC. This thread is making me want to play it again.[/quote]

Yes, yes! I've played again yesterday, it's just annoying not being able to skip the dialogue moments. So it makes it very hard to go back and play.

Thanks for the info op, looking forward to developments on this project.

I think hes looking a little devil may cry/castlevania in his new fancy clothes, but its still pretty cool.

The first one was a bit repetitive but the fighting/running was so fluid. I just hope the ending for the sequel does not leave us hanging like the first release. I do not want to be wandering about wondering if I finished the story or not.

I'm curious as to what they'll do with the Story as well. When I finished the first Assassin's Creed, the gameplay might have been repetitive but the story was excellent. This time around, seems like we'll be getting the best of both worlds.

Yea, AC1 really tested my values of gameplay over everything else.

AC1:
Visuals - A
Art Style - A
Controls - A
Story - A
Music/Sound - A
Gameplay - F
MOST PEOPLES FINAL GRADE - F

o_O

I'm enjoying the experience, but am having difficulty with the pakour part of the game. The camera isn't conducive to running around roofs when you can't see how far the gap is between buildings unless you constantly fidget with it.

I wonder if this game will sell as well as the original did. I'm thinking probably not since a lot of people got burned on the first one despite the fact that this sequel is superior in pretty much every way.

bread's done
Back