Assassin's Creed 2 PC Download $7.50 via Ubisoft

Awesome deal for an awesome game.

About the DRM - yeah, it sucks b/c you must always be connected.
I guess at least I got my U-Play Achievements. :p

But, there are ways around the DRM.

[quote name='sdclippers']Its a Ubisoft game wait a few months and it will be $2.99[/QUOTE]
You really think so? lol. I'll wait if your confident on this lol!

i bought for $3.75 i used my birth code thanks for the post drm or no drm still worth $3.75 cents to me i think:D

[quote name='gamestud']i bought for $3.75 i used my birth code thanks for the post drm or no drm still worth $3.75 cents to me i think:D[/QUOTE]

What do you mean your birth code?

Thats no excuse for a constant connection DRM for a single player game. Examples I can think of is: Dudes and Dudets on deployment and hotel internet. It is damn spotty at times. When I'm gone out of town for a while, I usually take both an Xbox 360 and a real PC and a monitor to use with both in case I end up in a RF-only TV stone-age room. And a universal remote so you can change to inputs on most hotel TVs cause sometimes their little remotes don't have the ability to do it and the inputs are locked out from channel surfing.

As for the Birth Code reference, it probably refers to a discount code they email you in the vicinity of your birthday if you told the truth when you registered. :)

[quote name='kyrhon']Let's be honest though, do you REALLY use your computer if it isn't connected to the internet these days???[/QUOTE]

Verizon finally rolled out the lowest two tiers of dsl service here last winter. It works well, but the signal drops a few times a day for 30 seconds to over a minute at a time, which from the reviews I've read is sufficient time to lose all progress since the last check point in any of these games.

Before that I was on satellite, which is notorious for occasional disconnects.

Not to mention military members, people who travel frequently, etc.

Incorporating this type of DRM was a monumentally stupid business decision for Ubisoft.

Read the title and thought to myself that sounds great. Opened the thread and interest continued to rise. Read about always have to be online, decided instantly not to investigate any further. And this is from someone who can't remember the last time he lost the internet.

You know, I never asked this here.

For those who dealt w/ U-Play DRM games on the PC [Assassin's Creed 2, SC: Conviction], is there a way to retrieve your Cloud Saves for your U-Play games off their servers?

DON'T DO IT!
[quote name='kyrhon']Let's be honest though, do you REALLY use your computer if it isn't connected to the internet these days???[/QUOTE]
Yes, I do. My classroom at school is on the 4th floor, and the wifi is just not strong enough to maintain a solid connection for downloads, Steam, etc. Web browsing is OK, but there's no way I could seriously consider the purchase of an Ubisoft game until they either a) remove their DRM, or b) keep their promise and remove their DRM now that it's been hacked.

Consumer-hurting DRM + lies = no sales to me, Ubisoft!

bread's done
Back