Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood: Collector's Edition $59.99 @ GameStop

[quote name='typical guy']What's in it?[/QUOTE]

From the links provided...
Special Edition!

• The Harlequin Jack-in-the-Box Collectible exclusive to GameStop customers only!
  • Two Exclusive In-Game Single Player Maps
  • Hard Copy Strategy Map of Rome
  • Exclusive Art Book
  • Bonus Disc

[quote name='ssjmichael']360 version is OOS[/QUOTE]

That was fast...Although it seems every store near me has tons of these in stock.

My 2 Best Buy PS3 copies did not come with the 2 campaign maps code just FYI. So you had to go through the extra step of contacting Ubisoft.

It might be the same price in store. So give them a call or swing by and have them check.

[quote name='Donut2922']My 2 Best Buy PS3 copies did not come with the 2 campaign maps code just FYI. So you had to go through the extra step of contacting Ubisoft.[/QUOTE]

I was searching online previously about whether or not the Officer comes with the Best Buy version of Collector's Edition and found an interesting answer stating that GameStop one comes with maps, Harlequin, and the Officer. Cannot confirm or deny this, so take it with a grain of salt till someone says otherwise.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']It might be the same price in store. So give them a call or swing by and have them check.

I was searching online previously about whether or not the Officer comes with the Best Buy version of Collector's Edition and found an interesting answer stating that GameStop one comes with maps, Harlequin, and the Officer. Cannot confirm or deny this, so take it with a grain of salt till someone says otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm my Best Buy copy came with a code for the Officer inside the game case.

[quote name='Shimmerz']I can confirm my Best Buy copy came with a code for the Officer inside the game case.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Now just the Officer code vs Harlequin Jack in the Box, which to get...?:bomb:

Damn... I mean, everyone knew this would drop, but the CE drops lately have been crazy... Halo:Reach, AC:B, DR2, GT5... It's been a wild few weeks...

I bought my copy of AC:B collector's ed. at Best Buy, and it came with the Doctor jack in the box....is that the same JITB, or are there two different ones ?

So I'm looking at a possible 'free' upgrade...~$40 in GS credit + $20 TIV for ACB Standard...but I'm only really interested in gaining access to the Trajan Market and Aqueduct maps. Is it worth burning ~$40 in GS credit for the upgrade?

I'd rather get the $30 TIV from Amazon, but they don't make it easy to transfer Amazon credit to GS credit.

I reported a cheaper local price to Amazon for the 360 version (I'm assuming it's the same price in-store...I'll find out for sure tomorrow). And, even though it's out of stock, I did the same for a cheaper online price. Can't hurt.

I know the Best Buy CE comes with the officer code, but does anyone know if the Harlequin code comes with the Gamestop version?

Harlequin code did come with the GS edition at launch; whether or not you still get it is beyond me. So glad I paid full price for this (not sure what I was thinking....at least it was paid for in credit). Anyone want to buy my JITB?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Harlequin code did come with the GS edition at launch; whether or not you still get it is beyond me. So glad I paid full price for this (not sure what I was thinking....at least it was paid for in credit). Anyone want to buy my JITB?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew it was supposedly on preorders, but I believe the officer code was as well. I might have to take a chance on this one. I bought the CE from BB after unsuccessfully trying to convince the Gamestop employees to price match BB's 59.99 clearance price.

Confirmed: Price in gs store is $59.99. I just coming back from their store and is natiowide price drop for gs

I thought the only difference between Gamestop and Best Buy's version of the collector's edition of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was the jack-in-the-box being either the harlequin or the doctor. Didn't know about the officer code and harlequin code.

[quote name='Amblix']Dunno if I should get it now or wait for more possible drops...

Waiting sounds like a plan.[/QUOTE]

The couple of GS stores I've been to lately have all had tons of these things...hoping they survive another price drop.

I could get this for $40 with my $25 GC. Is it worth it? I did love AC2 but since UbiSoft games plummet in price, I feel I'd be better off using it on something else.

[quote name='sharpeone']I know the Best Buy CE comes with the officer code, but does anyone know if the Harlequin code comes with the Gamestop version?[/QUOTE]

Harlequin code is printed on your receipt. Most GS preorder bonuses are a simple code that is printed on your receipt by the employee having to scan the preorder sku. So there's pretty much no chance to get that code now.

This trade in promo works on the assassins creed brotherhood collectors edition at the new price as well. I just traded in halo reach and got 36.70 (35 plus 1.70 powerup card bonus) trade in credit towards it....walked out door with the collectors edition for the 360 for $26 and change after tax.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/
Get any of the biggest new releases for $24.99 or less when trading any other one. The 8 titles included: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Fable III, Gran Turismo 5, Halo Reach, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

Offer valid toward new version of pictured titles only. Final promotional price is net after trade. Limit 1 trade per new title purchased. Titles become ineligible if the new equivalent's Xbox 360 or PS3 retail drops below $59.99, or Wii retail drops below $49.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/27/10 - 02/06/11.

[quote name='K_G']This trade in promo works on the assassins creed brotherhood collectors edition at the new price as well. I just traded in halo reach and got 36.70 (35 plus 1.70 powerup card bonus) trade in credit towards it....walked out door with the collectors edition for the 360 for $26 and change after tax.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/[/QUOTE]

Not bad - I'd bite if Fallout:NV was on that list. Oh well, guess I'll just hold out for a further price drop.

[quote name='Donut2922']Harlequin code is printed on your receipt. Most GS preorder bonuses are a simple code that is printed on your receipt by the employee having to scan the preorder sku. So there's pretty much no chance to get that code now.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...their exclusive Red Dead Redemption deadly assassin outfit was a card in the box with the code on it. I dunno, maybe its still printing Harlequin codes for purchases of the CE for some reason? Did anyone who bought it get a code?

[quote name='K_G']This trade in promo works on the assassins creed brotherhood collectors edition at the new price as well. I just traded in halo reach and got 36.70 (35 plus 1.70 powerup card bonus) trade in credit towards it....walked out door with the collectors edition for the 360 for $26 and change after tax.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/[/QUOTE]

Wow. Thanks for that info. May have to stop by tomorrow. I wonder if this works on CEs for any of the other games?

Even w/ the promo working on the ACB CE, I think I'm going to pass. All I would care for is the Trajan+Aqueduct code which I understand only adds 2 Templar lairs. Not worth trading in ACB Std and burning ~$27 in GS credit and I could put that credit towards something else.

I don't really care about the JITB, though the art book would be cool.

Having said this, watch me cave and go get it anyway.

EDIT: I was also told the Trajan+Aqueduct code is account locked? Only available to the GT it's redeemed under? If so, definitely not worth it.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hmm...their exclusive Red Dead Redemption deadly assassin outfit was a card in the box with the code on it. I dunno, maybe its still printing Harlequin codes for purchases of the CE for some reason? Did anyone who bought it get a code?[/QUOTE]
It will likely end up as DLC. The GS and CE bonuses for AC2 did.

[quote name='Donut2922']Harlequin code is printed on your receipt. Most GS preorder bonuses are a simple code that is printed on your receipt by the employee having to scan the preorder sku. So there's pretty much no chance to get that code now.[/QUOTE]

If it is only printed on a receipt, I wonder how all those sellers on Ebay are selling actual cards with the Harlequin code. As far as I know, it was only available through Gamestop.

[quote name='icedrake523']It will likely end up as DLC. The GS and CE bonuses for AC2 did.[/QUOTE]

Very possibly - on the X360 Trajan market flyer, it says the code expires on 5/31, so I wonder if this stuff is going to be available for everyone starting June 1?

bread's done
Back