Assassin’s Creed Decoder Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

flasht3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://ubisoft.eprize.net/assassinscreed/

Ubisoft and GameStop are having a contest. You might have noticed the Assassin's Creed display with the decoder at GameStop. I asked a GS employee about the contest and he said they would hand out the game piece to people who preordered when they picked up the game. I mentioned that
the display said NO PURCHASE NECESSARY and the employee said "You don't have to purchase the game piece, just the game." What a moron...

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I play the instant win game?
A: After filling out information on the registration page, you will automatically be taken to a page with a coded message. Print this page and take it to the nearest GameStop Store to see if you are a potential winner. Read the Official Rules for complete details.

Q: How do I earn chances to win prizes?
A: You can earn Game plays by:
1. Logging in to the promotion daily and printing out a game piece.
2. Picking up the latest copy of “Game Informer” magazine and finding the Assassin’s Creed game piece in it.
See the Official Rules for complete details.

Q: What prizes are you giving away?
A: We are giving away the following prizes:
Five Hundred (500) T-Shirts
One Hundred (100) Altair Figurines
Twenty-Five (25) Assassin’s Creed Xbox games
One (1) Plasma HDTV and Home Theater System. See Official Rules for complete details.

Q: How many times can I win a prize?
A: One eDecoder game prize per person. Read the Official Rules for complete details.

Q: Why can’t I submit a P.O. box address on the registration form?
A: We need a valid home address, which allows us to identify your city and state of residence. Also, our shipping service cannot ship to a P.O. box, so if you are identified as a potential winner of a physical prize, we want to avoid delay in shipping your prize.

Q: I won the instant-win game, but never received my email with more details. What should I do?
A: To ensure you receive emails, add [email protected] to your address book. Fill out the form below to let us know you didn’t receive your win email.

Q: What if I don’t have a printer to print my game piece?
A: You may take a screen shot of the page, email it to yourself, and print it at a local library.

Why not just take every issue of Game Informer in the store up to the damn sign to see if you've won anything --> buy the magazine if you do? Better than preordering the game.

You can still enter for free once a day per email via the website. Of course the GS employee won't tell you that. He wants you to preorder the game, so that you'll have a chance to win 1 of 25 copies of the game itself among other prizes..

[quote name='Jeoff']Why not just take every issue of Game Informer in the store up to the damn sign to see if you've won anything --> buy the magazine if you do? Better than preordering the game.[/quote]
My store already did that...with every mag that came in this month. Needless to say, not a winner in the bunch. My regular one in the mail wasn't a winner either.

TBW

EDIT...I don't work at a GS, just the store where I shop checked all their mags.

Geez, that pdf is freakin' 15mb. What the hell. Whoever designed it really doesn't know how to use any of the optimization settings in Adobe.

Also, from the rules:
For Game Pieces Obtained Online: If you are the first player to play the Decoder Game at or after a randomly generated time when a Game Piece is generated, you will be a potential winner of the prize indicated. The potential winners of the Decoder Game prize will also be notified by email one (1) week after the winning Game Piece appears on their computer screen.

So you don't even have to bother taking it in to the store. Enter every day and if you won you'd know in a week.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I also received the same gamepiece :lol:[/quote]Mine is the same as well. Looks like we're all losers together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back