Assassins Creed II (360/PS3) $19.99 Free Shipping at Newegg

I still have yet to buy this game despite all of the deals on it. That being said I'm going to hold off yet again. When I can get it for $10 at gamefly I'm in.

Should i buy AC2 from Newegg for $20 or try to get it from gamefly used for $13? Its been OOS on gamefly for the past few days. Is it worth paying $6 more for new over the GF used IF it ever comes back in stock?

[quote name='swanz88']Should i buy AC2 from Newegg for $20 or try to get it from gamefly used for $13? Its been OOS on gamefly for the past few days. Is it worth paying $6 more for new over the GF used IF it ever comes back in stock?[/QUOTE]

In my experiences, buying from GameFly is almost the same as buying the game new. The cases and manuals are always perfect from GameFly and I have yet to get a disc that wasn't in mint condition. That being said, I'm sure there are people who have had bad experiences with damaged or scratched disks and such in the past. As a CAG, I'll buy the game "pre-owned" to save myself $7 any day.

[quote name='Organ Donor']In my experiences, buying from GameFly is almost the same as buying the game new. The cases and manuals are always perfect from GameFly and I have yet to get a disc that wasn't in mint condition. That being said, I'm sure there are people who have had bad experiences with damaged or scratched disks and such in the past. As a CAG, I'll buy the game "pre-owned" to save myself $7 any day.[/QUOTE]

Same here... the only reason I'm considering getting it from Newegg is because I didn't buy AC2 as soon as the Gamefly sale started and missed out. They often restock during the sales so I've been obsessively refreshing the item page just in case.

I may be wrong, which is why I am asking, but isn't there a version of this game that comes w/ the DLC that has been released? Or is that release of AC2 due out later?

Wanting to clarify before I pick it up. Thanks to anyone who can confirm. =]

[quote name='notwen']I may be wrong, which is why I am asking, but isn't there a version of this game that comes w/ the DLC that has been released? Or is that release of AC2 due out later?

Wanting to clarify before I pick it up. Thanks to anyone who can confirm. =][/QUOTE]

The only version that I know of that came with the DLC was when you pre-ordered it.

Bah! Just bought this game last week from Newegg for $25. Anyway, it's definitely worth $20 (and $25 imho) so snatch it up! Or get it $13 used at Gamefly, either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='notwen']I may be wrong, which is why I am asking, but isn't there a version of this game that comes w/ the DLC that has been released? Or is that release of AC2 due out later?

Wanting to clarify before I pick it up. Thanks to anyone who can confirm. =][/QUOTE]
There's a new AC coming out this november if that's what you mean

The $60 PC version came with the released DLC, which was supposed to justify the price.

[quote name='seph29']Bah! Just bought this game last week from Newegg for $25. Anyway, it's definitely worth $20 (and $25 imho) so snatch it up! Or get it $13 used at Gamefly, either way.[/QUOTE]

Gamefly has it used for $17.99, where are you guys seeing it for $13. Or, did I miss the sale and now it's back in stock for the original used price?

Edit:
Wow, I just checked again and AC2 is gone that fast. I swear it was just showing up and now it's gone(used).

I'm kinda hoping they come out with a version that includes the dlc. Guess I'm just being greedy. I'm hoping amazon price matches it.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']I'm kinda hoping they come out with a version that includes the dlc. Guess I'm just being greedy. I'm hoping amazon price matches it.[/QUOTE]

I vaguely remember people said a re-release was already planned but I can't find anything about that... anyone else remember hearing about that?

[quote name='iwannadie']Gamefly has it used for $17.99, where are you guys seeing it for $13. Or, did I miss the sale and now it's back in stock for the original used price?

Edit:
Wow, I just checked again and AC2 is gone that fast. I swear it was just showing up and now it's gone(used).[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem to stay in stock for very long. The $13 price point is part of Gamefly's used game sale, but I think the price only applies to the Xbox 360 version.

[quote name='seph29']It doesn't seem to stay in stock for very long. The $13 price point is part of Gamefly's used game sale, but I think the price only applies to the Xbox 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry, I should have specified $13 was for 360 only. Doesn't matter too much at this point since it sold out again like 30 min after it was restocked.

[quote name='mmgreenmms']Thanks for letting us know! I was just about to checkout on Newegg and decided to check one more time. :)[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help! I've been getting great deals from CAG for like 3 years now and I think that's the first useful thing I've been able to do in return. :)

[quote name='Justin42']I vaguely remember people said a re-release was already planned but I can't find anything about that... anyone else remember hearing about that?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're right - took me a little bit to find some details on it though so it doesn't seem like it will be around here anytime soon. Looks like it's called the "Complete Edition" (bad name) and so far is only available in the UK.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/19/assassins-creed-2-complete-edition-spotted-at-uk-retailers/

From what I heard one of the DLC packs is good and one is pretty mediocre, plus they're only about $10 total. So I'm fine getting the original version for cheap and picking up the good DLC if it seems worth it.

Wow, same price as the original Assassin Creed I (Greatest Hits).

Started to play Assassin Creed I but gave up on it after repetitive tasks.
Is II any better than I ? Also saw the new trailer for Assassin Brotherhood - for next year?

[quote name='cagfansub']Wow, same price as the original Assassin Creed I (Greatest Hits).

Started to play Assassin Creed I but gave up on it after repetitive tasks.
Is II any better than I ? Also saw the new trailer for Assassin Brotherhood - for next year?[/QUOTE]

ac2 is improved im pretty much every way imo. much better game. but i loved them both :D

ps3 Assassin's Creed II Complete announcement also

Code:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1090900p1.html

Ok, so the editions have been announced, and I know that they are already out in the UK but I have not been able to find anything on them being brought over to the US. Has anyone heard anything about a release date for here? Those stories were from a month ago and I find it strange that nothing else has been announced. Also, a post from the first page mentions a version coming out in November. Isn't that Brotherhood?

[quote name='OmegaRicochet']Ok, so the editions have been announced, and I know that they are already out in the UK but I have not been able to find anything on them being brought over to the US. Has anyone heard anything about a release date for here? Those stories were from a month ago and I find it strange that nothing else has been announced. Also, a post from the first page mentions a version coming out in November. Isn't that Brotherhood?[/QUOTE]

Same. I'd like to know as well. Hopefully Ubi announces a release date here soon.

bread's done
Back