Assassin's Creed II (360/PS3) Price Drop at Gamestop $19.99 New

[quote name='Nighty']I believe it is part of gamestop's powersale till 8/8 and not a parmenent drop.[/QUOTE]
This is true. Needs to be a permanent drop though. I'm looking to bite at $15 used

[quote name='myl0r']This is true. Needs to be a permanent drop though. I'm looking to bite at $15 used[/QUOTE]

The game is easily worth it at $20. This and Uncharted 2 were my favorite games last year. Unless you can't spare the $5 extra, you shouldn't sleep on this.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']The game is easily worth it at $20. This and Uncharted 2 were my favorite games last year. Unless you can't spare the $5 extra, you shouldn't sleep on this.[/QUOTE]

This game is easily worth full retail. My favorite game of last year until I beat it (not much replay value unless you want to collect everything).

I've been wanting to play it so I just might bite on it, but after spending full retail price on Assassin's Creed when it came out I feel like AC2 should almost be free.

[quote name='Jhuntley']This game is easily worth full retail. My favorite game of last year until I beat it (not much replay value unless you want to collect everything).[/QUOTE]

And even collecting everything doesn't take long, I recall beating the game and then collecting all the feathers only took like an extra hour or 2.

The plot may be a little easier to follow if you've played the first one but I believe there is a summary at the beginning. This one is much more enjoyable than the last game (due to some poor game design/ideas in the last one that have since been removed or polished in AC2) so I would start with AC2 and work your ways backwards if you love the story.

ok, so maybe I'll pick it up for $20.
my gaming budget has been cut to $0 for the near future, and with no time to game, that's probably good. But I did just get a $25 gift card to gamestop, so I was trying to make my money stretch.
I was not thrilled with AC1 when it came out, and didn't finish it until last month. Got super into it last month, so might be the perfect time to get it anyways.

Here's hoping that Amazon prices matches this. The tax and shipping kill this deal for me! Thanks a lot to the OP for posting! I am highly tempted but my backlog is a bit too overwhelming at the moment. I can't allow myself to pick up another game unless it is $19.99 or less.

[quote name='BanetheInsane']The plot may be a little easier to follow if you've played the first one but I believe there is a summary at the beginning. This one is much more enjoyable than the last game (due to some poor game design/ideas in the last one that have since been removed or polished in AC2) so I would start with AC2 and work your ways backwards if you love the story.[/QUOTE]
I hated AC2, it felt too reptitive, I liked the first one MUCH more. I couldn't complete the second...

[quote name='Fakinmail123']Here's hoping that Amazon prices matches this. The tax and shipping kill this deal for me! Thanks a lot to the OP for posting! I am highly tempted but my backlog is a bit too overwhelming at the moment. I can't allow myself to pick up another game unless it is $19.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

Use coupon code SAVER to get free shipping

[quote name='coldgears']I hated AC2, it felt too reptitive, I liked the first one MUCH more. I couldn't complete the second...[/QUOTE]

yeah, this game definitely needed more jade raymond.

I'm playing through it now. I hated it at first, but as I got more into playing it got better. One thing I hate is all the god damned collecting going on here.

Easily worth $20.

And no, you don't need to play the first before playing this. There are mentions of the AC1 story throughout AC2 but everything is explained for the most part. I never played AC1 and didnt miss a beat.

[quote name='coldgears']I hated AC2, it felt too reptitive, I liked the first one MUCH more. I couldn't complete the second...[/QUOTE]

Are you insane? The first one is one of the most blatantly repetitive games I've ever played. ACII has mission variety and all of the locales actually have their own distinct visual style. I know everyone has their own opinion and all, but this is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I just beat it today. Its a great game but the ending spoiled the entire game for me. I'm not too picky about game endings but I thought the ending in this game was TERRIBLE!

For 20 bucks I am glad I waited instead of biting back when it was on sale for 30! :p

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Are you insane? The first one is one of the most blatantly repetitive games I've ever played. ACII has mission variety and all of the locales actually have their own distinct visual style. I know everyone has their own opinion and all, but this is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.[/QUOTE]

This.

Picked up a copy, I was holding out for a long time because i have like 20 games that are still waiting to be opened but i couldn't say no at $20. So far the game is way better than i thought.

this has to be a joke post..

I'd say so too. I couldn't finish the first AC due to the repetitive nature. I loved the 2nd one though and played through it basically in 2-3 sittings -- I was hooked.

Wow. I must have a GameStop distribution center around me or something because I ordered this yesterday morning with Value Shipping and it is already out for delivery to my home. I think that Amazon has better deals most of the time...but with shipping this lightning quick I might have to start using GameStop.com more often. :whistle2:D

i may have waited for this sale before picking it up, but AC2 is worth every penny. as for repetition in AC2 what are you trying to say? AC1 is much more repetitive. great game nonetheless, and the story is very interesting, but very repetitive. it was fun but it felt stretched out. AC2 did everything that AC1 couldnt

bread's done
Back