Assassin's Creed II: Multiplayer released on iPhone--free for the first 48 hours

ya there is a thread for iphone app's(including this one), but I almost feel like there should be a whole board dedicated to downloadable stuff. There's a lot of good games and deals people miss because there's not enough exposure. Apps are becoming better and better everyday and more and more cags are seeing their merits every day. I am sure a lot of people don't check that thread even though is pretty much always on the front page. At the very least someone should edit the title of the iphone app thread to reflect current deals/releases for bigger titles as they happen so more people see.

[quote name='Salmonday']Thanks, OP. Downloading. Threadcrappers STFU.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Darknuke']stuff like this def deserves its own thread. I would've never seen this otherwise... Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Its pretty simple dudes, if you own an iPod Touch or iPhone, you should probably just subscribe to the thread..... you're missing tons of free shit if you're not.

Agreed ^.

Downloaded this shit last night. There were no other players online except one person. It was pretty dumb.

There are some deals good enough to warrant their own thread rather than sticking them in some massive thread not everyone checks; this is one of them. Thanks OP. Downloading.

[quote name='BouncingSoul']There are some deals good enough to warrant their own thread rather than sticking them in some massive thread not everyone checks; this is one of them. Thanks OP. Downloading.[/QUOTE]

Im with you on that one

there are several deals that are comparable to this one on a weakly basis, if your interested in app's you should really check the iphone thread fairly often

Seriously? I understand the general sentiment of 'really good deals should have their own thread instead of just being mentioned in some meta-thread'. But..... its a $3 game iPhone game that's free for two days. There are at least 2-3 games per day in the iTunes store that are just like that. If we started creating threads every time a half-decent iPhone game was on sale, it would flood the deals forum. I can't overstate this enough: you really need to watch the iPod/iPhone thread if you own one of those devices; its a fantastic way to get lots of free games.

Just sayin'.

Gonna go try this game out now.... hope it is decent.

Huh. Can't imagine I'll care about it, but for free I'll install it. I noticed an "Altair's Chronicles" game is free too...only I don't think it actually is, I think that's just a demo.

Squabbles about the necessity of a thread on CAG? UNHEARD OF!!!

If CAG aint nuthin' else, it sure is damn consistent. Good show CAGers, good show.

[quote name='clickpow']I think this deserves its own thread.

Especially since I don't see anything about this game on the first page of that link.

You sound almost identical to a forum troller when you speak like that

Thx original poster[/QUOTE]

I think the point is there are deals like this almost every day- often much better than this(usually the bigger name publisher games are some of the worst apps). The video game forum could easily be flooded and overwhelmed by App deals(there are entire websites that are probably bigger than CAG that are fueled by App forums). I think the time is soon coming that downloadable deals will have their own forum. A lot of this deals do deserve their own thread so that more CAGs can get in on them and there is no doubt many have missed great deals because they don't get enough exposure in the app thread, but I would agree I don't really think video game deals is the best place for this because there are just too many.

[quote name='clickpow']I think this deserves its own thread.

Especially since I don't see anything about this game on the first page of that link.

You sound almost identical to a forum troller when you speak like that

Thx original poster[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Slodaddy']Squabbles about the necessity of a thread on CAG? UNHEARD OF!!!

If CAG aint nuthin' else, it sure is damn consistent. Good show CAGers, good show.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='caltab']I think the point is there are deals like this almost every day- often much better than this(usually the bigger name publisher games are some of the worst apps). The video game forum could easily be flooded and overwhelmed by App deals(there are entire websites that are probably bigger than CAG that are fueled by App forums). I think the time is soon coming that downloadable deals will have their own forum. A lot of this deals do deserve their own thread so that more CAGs can get in on them and there is no doubt many have missed great deals because they don't get enough exposure in the app thread, but I would agree I don't really think video game deals is the best place for this because there are just too many.[/QUOTE]

Right. I'm not trolling and I absolutely agree that *some* deals merit their own threads. Its not in the first post of the iPhone thread because there's simply way too much volatility in the app store pricing for somebody to maintain a single post. All the info would be out of date within hours of making updates to the post.

My point is, apps change in price (including going to free) constantly, so if you own one of the devices, its in your best interest to monitor the iPhone thread. These users saying "I wouldn't have seen this, thanks" have nobody to blame but themselves for missing the deals.

If somebody wants to make a thread about one single $3 iPhone game being free for a couple days, that's their choice; I think its somewhat silly, but its their choice. However, if everyone did that, the deals forum would be overwhelmed quite quickly. That's all I'm saying.

While we're on the subject.... Cheapy should really get an iTunes affiliate thing going so that anytime we post iTunes store links, he gets credit for it (if he hasn't already done so).

Regarding the game itself, I've been having lots of issues finding a game and with getting disconnected. Still haven't really managed to get in and play a round yet. Guess I'll try again later.

Oh, and here's a direct link to the app listing in the iTunes store, if you want to bypass going to the Kotaku article about the game:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/assassins-creed-ii-multiplayer/id346782480?mt=8

Some deals on the App store deserve a seperate thread ... this is not one of them, this game is terrible ... I can barely get it to connect and when it does it tends to crash. Perhaps there's a reason this is free ... Angry Birds or Sword n Poker this is not ;)

[quote name='etcrane']Some deals on the App store deserve a seperate thread ... this is not one of them, this game is terrible ... I can barely get it to connect and when it does it tends to crash. Perhaps there's a reason this is free ... Angry Birds or Sword n Poker this is not ;)[/QUOTE]

Its almost as if they pushed it out the door for free as a beta test of sorts. Either that, or there's such a demand (because its free) that its overwhelming the servers. In any case, I hope they address these issues in a forthcoming update.

The game crashes for me now. Can't connect to any multiplayer games. Anyone else having the same problem?

Running on a 32gb 2G iTouch.

I made an account but can't connect to any games. Oh well it's free so I can't complain I'll give it a few days see if there's an update before I delete it

bread's done
Back