Assassin's Creed II (Pre-owned) $18 plus $10 promotional credit!

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Gamestop has Assassin's Creed II (used/pre-owned) for just $18.39 after using code 20PRE. It's available for both PS3 and Xbox 360 and you get a $10 credit towards a future purchase when you buy it!

PS3

Update: Some are questioning whether you get the $10 credit with a used purchase. Well at least for the PS3 version it is specifically advertised on the $10 credit promotion page: http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=847&loc=homeflash2

So I guess it's YMMV on the 360 version

assassinscreed2gs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZerotypeX']Looks like used PS3 version of ACII is back in stock[/QUOTE]

Cool. Just placed my order as well.

FYI - Amazon has AC2 for $25 now, with $10 credit towards fiuture games, plius, I believe, $5 mp3 credit.

360 version back in stock, added 3 sports games for the PS2 which I had once for filler to get free shipping and used the $10 code I received for ordering Alan Wake.

I'm playing Ass Creed II right now, and let me say, this game is WELL worth the money. Hell, I could have paid full price for this game and been completely satisfied. It's an awesome game. Lots of fun. Well put together. If you're put off by Ass Creed 1, you should really give this game a try. They fixed everything that was wrong with the first game, and improved everything that was great about the first game. Everywhere you look, there's something to do. They went from no variety in terms of missions, to an abundance of variety. It's a very well done game.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I got a shipping confirmation but no email about a $10 credit yet, how long do I need to wait before contacting them?[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same.

I asked them about it, they emailed me back with:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We do apologize however codes for the $10 will not be issued until 24-48 business hours from the date an order is shipped.

As your order shipped near the weekend your codes will be emailed to you as soon as possible.

Ordered on the 17th, shipped out on the 19th, no code as of yet.

[quote name='outkastx']Wow...

$22.99 - $2.30 EDGE - $20 Code = $0.69 + $2.99 + $0.27 = $3.95 shipped[/QUOTE]

what the are you serious??

[quote name='radioactivez0r']...$20 code? you mean 20% code?[/QUOTE]

I hate people putting their own credits or gift card into the equation and then say it is the best deal ever. It is credits you got from your previous deal so it has nothing to do with this deal. I can put a $50 gift card onto a new release of Mario Galaxy 2 and say 'the game is free!' too.

[quote name='Deathgazer']I asked them about it, they emailed me back with:

Ordered on the 17th, shipped out on the 19th, no code as of yet.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

Ordered Assassin's Creed II, got my $10 coupon code. Says "may not be combined with other offers". Is this being enforced, or has anyone gotten cag16 or 20PRE to work with this code, or only with EDGE and "SAVER"?

Also, saw a code "2D15" that's supposed to be good on new copies.

Thinking of snagging SSFIV if I will stack with a discount code

im thinking they are trying to clear all the AC2 for the new Complete edition coming out soon

ima going to hold off buying till then...

[quote name='josh62488']im thinking they are trying to clear all the AC2 for the new Complete edition coming out soon[/QUOTE]

Though if they called it a Complete Edition, it'd be admitting that the previous one was incomplete. ;-)

On a different note: I received my AS2 yesterday, but it has a white sticker on the case that is covering up a second sticker that says "Defective - Return to WH." Does anyone know how common this is? Does that just mean that it was sent to be refurbished, and now its supposedly all good? It plays and all, but the disc still looks unfantastic...no deep scratches really, just a lot of small light scratches covering the entire thing, and a light ring scratch in the middle.

I'm thinking of taking it into my local GS and asking them out of curiosity "if I traded this in, would you decide to charge me a refurb fee?" I'm also highly annoyed that the top left corner of the booklet got folded down when they stuck the disc in (in a yellow paper sleeve) it looks like, and now has a diagonal crease, and the case itself was cracked during shipping (they ship games in upadded envelopes? Very tempted to never order from their website again..).

I have not read further, but from talking to Reps from Ubi, they are not ashamed to admit that the majority of their sales/profit come from the Pets and girls games that they put out on the Wii and DS.

[quote name='crunchewy']Nintendolife.com has an article about ubisoft (specifically about Red Steel 2), that notes that 42% of ubisoft's game sales last year were on the Wii, as opposed to 17% on DS, 12% on PS3 and 8% on Xbox 360. This includes the release of Assassin's Creed 2. I guess that explains the price drop.

EDIT: to clarify, the article was mainly about RS2 meeting their (lowered) expectations (which is a 2010 release), but has an aside that ubisoft also noted the above about last year.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cheapskate']Though if they called it a Complete Edition, it'd be admitting that the previous one was incomplete. ;-)

On a different note: I received my AS2 yesterday, but it has a white sticker on the case that is covering up a second sticker that says "Defective - Return to WH." Does anyone know how common this is? Does that just mean that it was sent to be refurbished, and now its supposedly all good? It plays and all, but the disc still looks unfantastic...no deep scratches really, just a lot of small light scratches covering the entire thing, and a light ring scratch in the middle.

I'm thinking of taking it into my local GS and asking them out of curiosity "if I traded this in, would you decide to charge me a refurb fee?" I'm also highly annoyed that the top left corner of the booklet got folded down when they stuck the disc in (in a yellow paper sleeve) it looks like, and now has a diagonal crease, and the case itself was cracked during shipping (they ship games in upadded envelopes? Very tempted to never order from their website again..).[/QUOTE]

I got that last year when I ordered Dragonball: Raging Blast. It worked when i put it in and i played it BUT when i tried installing it to the hard drive it would always stop at 20%. I ended up getting a replacement disc and I would recommend installing it to your hard drive just to see if it goes all the way through.

[quote name='Mythran']If I order two items (SSF4 & AC2), I should be getting 2 $10 gift cards correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes you would get 2 $10 coupon codes. Remember they don't stack on one order though.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']I got that last year when I ordered Dragonball: Raging Blast. It worked when i put it in and i played it BUT when i tried installing it to the hard drive it would always stop at 20%. I ended up getting a replacement disc and I would recommend installing it to your hard drive just to see if it goes all the way through.[/QUOTE]

It successfully installed, so no problem there I guess. Just bummed about the case getting damaged due to their poor shipping methods, in a way that would've damaged a new unopened copy in the same way, and wondering if I really want to be ordering anything from the website now.

Anyone else still waiting on their $10 code? I ordered the 360 version on the second day of the deal (during the buy 1 get 1 free glitch) and got a shipping notification but still no code. Wondering if I should contact them on it or leave well enough alone since I got the buy 1 get 1 free. However I would have ordered something else had I known I wouldn't get the code...

[quote name='Purkeynator']Anyone else still waiting on their $10 code? I ordered the 360 version on the second day of the deal (during the buy 1 get 1 free glitch) and got a shipping notification but still no code. Wondering if I should contact them on it or leave well enough alone since I got the buy 1 get 1 free. However I would have ordered something else had I known I wouldn't get the code...[/QUOTE]

I would call them. I ordered 2 games with the b1g1 promotion, both with the bonus $10 credit on 5/20. Both shipped 5/21 and I actually just got them today, so on a side not I'm quite pleased with gamespy shipping (I used saver btw). I called them yesterday afternoon about the two codes, and the representative apologized for the delay and sent the codes via email instantly while I was still on the phone with them.

Lol, have a lot of you guys had to call about the code? I ordered several NSMB for the Wii and did not receive a single code so I called. Dude said it was for new only and I said that the website does not specify new or used. He said I had to look at the promotion or something but this is only what is on the page.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75077

Get $10 off a future order when you purchase New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The $10 coupon code will be emailed when the order ships. Online Offer only. Not valid in stores or for in-store pick up customers.

No *, no link, no other mention of the specifications. He was getting kind of frustrated so I first asked for a supervisor since we weren't clicking and he went on to say he understood what I was saying. Finally I just said that I needed to speak to someone else.

He put me on hold and got back on to say that he would send me the codes but he would note on my account that I had been informed about how the deal applied only to new games lol.

It is one thing to have to call to correct an error but it sucks when you have to fight to get things straight. This fool was acting like he had to take the money straight out of his pocket. I wonder if the CSRs have an incentive to NOT help customers like Sprint did.

Edit: Purkey, I got these during the glitch too. They probably did this because they felt like we got a good enough deal.

bread's done
Back