Assassin's Creed™: Director's Cut Edition (FREE) @ ubisoft online

same here. i was able to download it last night after waiting a few days and now a 25% coupon. sweet!

[quote name='bfett9']Just got an email from UbiShop, apparently it was a glitch...The kicker is I already downloaded it and it still works.

ubishop.png
[/QUOTE]

Great deal if you can apply it toward AC3

Hmmmm, my order went through fine (I got my serial in an email) and I just went to DL now and it is working. Crossing my fingers it will finish!

Edit:

Lol... and almost instantly I get an email saying they are going to revoke my serial within the next 48 hours and here is a 50% off coupon. Wonder how that works since I am DLing now and I have my serial saved. Can they revoke it from the system? Or what exactly are they planning to do with it.

[quote name='Geco17']Great deal if you can apply it toward AC3[/QUOTE]
The fine print says excludes pre-orders and Future Soldier.

If they were really sorry they would have simply honored the price mistake, I see a completed order in my order history but never got a serial key...lame, oh well 25% is better than nothing I suppose, too bad UBISOFT is horrible with sales.

I haven't gotten an email from them at all about the "price mistake" or a 25% - 50% off coupon.

I did get the order confirmation email with the serial number shortly after I purchased it like everyone else did though . . .

[quote name='Mugatu']Wow, what a bunch of jerks.

PS. They're screwing you guys, they sent me a 50% off coupon[/QUOTE]
Same here...not like there's anything I want from them. Was the whole thing an error or are they backing out given how many people went for it?

I couldn't get the game to run anyway. It kept telling me that I had to be an administrator even though I set all the executables in the AC folder to always run in administrator mode. They said you have to install some different Tages drivers and I said screw it and uninstalled it.

Would the 50% off coupon work on console titles? There is no way I'd spend more than a couple bucks on a UPlay game unless it was forced on a Steam copy. It just says on your next UbiShop order so I'm hoping I can use this on AC3 for PS3. I'm not familiar with the Ubishop store though so I don't know if thats just the downloads place or the whole thing. Thoughts?

I got the stupid 25% off coupon too. Why are some getting 50% off? Are they long-time members of uPlay?

i got a 50% off coupon....thinking of maybe using it towards I Am Alive for PC, since it's out today....haven't decided yet though.

It looks like if you actually got your order through and got a serial number (which I'm sure will be deactivated), you get a 50% off "I'm sorry" email; otherwise if you placed but never got the number you get 25%.

Or like me if you missed the entire deal you get your hopes up, then get nothing. :(

[quote name='SW4J']Same here...not like there's anything I want from them. Was the whole thing an error or are they backing out given how many people went for it?[/QUOTE]

Yup, plus how do we know that we didn't receive the 50% coupon by accident when most people clearly got 25%? Don't want them coming back in a week taking something else back.

That's weird I got the 25% off coupon and the game is sitting there in my order details page. If I tried downloading or installing would it not actually work then?

[quote name='windsmere']That's weird I got the 25% off coupon and the game is sitting there in my order details page. If I tried downloading or installing would it not actually work then?[/QUOTE]

You need the serial key to finish install/play it

[quote name='Spokker']I couldn't get the game to run anyway. It kept telling me that I had to be an administrator even though I set all the executables in the AC folder to always run in administrator mode. They said you have to install some different Tages drivers and I said screw it and uninstalled it.[/QUOTE]

I was able to DL install, activate and play this last nite. Don't know how long it will last or if Ubisoft can now still revoke my access.

Not sure how Tages works and whether it checks to see if the key is valid everytime it starts up?

I know I was having the same Tages driver issue and I had to go to the Tages website and install directly from there the 64 bit Tages Drivers.

What a world where I have to actively find a fix to get their DRM to work. :applause:

Thankfully, I already have this DRM-free from Amazon or I would be pretty miffed about this deal. I have to think the price wasn't a mistake but they just didn't realize how much traffic sales would make them. Of course, they do have Steam sales already so, whatever.

Ok. I know I Am Alive didn't get the best reviews for Xbox and PS3, but it was just released on PC today and available on the Ubishop w/ a free copy of Bloody Good Time. With 50% off it would be $7.50. What do you guys think? Good deal?

Edit: Nevermind. Won't play on my laptop, dammit!

They did this to get their U-Play rootkit on as many PC's as possible. Once they got what they needed, it was finished. Viva la Ubi!

[quote name='twztid13']They did this to get their U-Play rootkit on as many PC's as possible. Once they got what they needed, it was finished. Viva la Ubi![/QUOTE]

Problem is this game didn't require uplay...lol

[quote name='apterous']It looks like if you actually got your order through and got a serial number (which I'm sure will be deactivated), you get a 50% off "I'm sorry" email; otherwise if you placed but never got the number you get 25%.

Or like me if you missed the entire deal you get your hopes up, then get nothing. :([/QUOTE]

My order went through, I got a serial number, and I didn't get a coupon AT ALL.

I didn't actually dl and install it. No way I'm going to go through Ubisoft's DRM nightmare.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']My order went through, I got a serial number, and I didn't get a coupon AT ALL.

I didn't actually dl and install it. No way I'm going to go through Ubisoft's DRM nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, why order if you had no intent to DL and play?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Out of curiosity, why order if you had no intent to DL and play?[/QUOTE]

I forgot that Ubi has some of the worst DRM around when I ordered. About 5 seconds after finishing I remembered. So yeah . . . memory loss.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I forgot that Ubi has some of the worst DRM around when I ordered. About 5 seconds after finishing I remembered. So yeah . . . memory loss.[/QUOTE]

This game has no drm. The others did/do.

Edit: whoops, seems like only the version on GoG and Amazon has no drm. Odd

[quote name='mightymek']Ok. I know I Am Alive didn't get the best reviews for Xbox and PS3, but it was just released on PC today and available on the Ubishop w/ a free copy of Bloody Good Time. With 50% off it would be $7.50. What do you guys think? Good deal?

Edit: Nevermind. Won't play on my laptop, dammit![/QUOTE]

I paid $13 on console and I don't regret it. I enjoyed it, although it was fairly brief. It actually feels very similar in tone to The Road (to me anyway).

Just in-case anyone was thinking of using the code from this on AC3. It doesn't work anymore. (I just tried mine, and it said it was invalid code.) I tried on pc games, AC3. Old games. It doesn't matter what, it's not working. Mine was a 50% off code, just for reference.

(Sorry for reviving an extremely dead topic, just thought I'd let some of ya know.)

[quote name='stabito']someone care to explain how to get this for free[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CandyCaptain'] (Sorry for reviving an extremely dead topic, just thought I'd let some of ya know.)[/QUOTE]

The original post was dated 8/31

[quote name='stabito']someone care to explain how to get this for free[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bosamba']The original post was dated 8/31[/QUOTE]

Dont worry i got excited 2

Steam has the AC franchise discounted regularly. If you can't afford to spend $5 on a game then you probably shouldn't be playing games [unless you're a kid, beg your parents!]. :)

[quote name='Platinumstorm']Steam has the AC franchise discounted regularly. If you can't afford to spend $5 on a game then you probably shouldn't be playing games [unless you're a kid, beg your parents!]. :)[/QUOTE]

Come on, why start that? Prob wouldn't even play it (only played brotherhood) but when I saw the thread I took a look inside. Who doesn't like something for free? (besides you?)

bread's done
Back