Assault On Your Wallet '06

KaneRobot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Multiple answers are accepted, you can vote on more than one.

November is rapidly approaching. Soon we'll all be whoring ourselves out for cash, just so we can get our next fix. Hey sailor!

A ridiculously loaded month. This is going to hurt me.

...and keep in mind this is ONLY November, there are a few noteworthy titles coming between now and then, and then in December as well.

This is only 1/3 of the options. Where are the Wii & PS3 consoles? Those will be putting a hurt on the wallets more than a few 360 games. :)

Mark me down for F.E.A.R. and Gears of War, a Wii, Zelda, Rayman, and possibly Trauma Center. All in Nov.

[quote name='Corvin']This is only 1/3 of the options. Where are the Wii & PS3 consoles? Those will be putting a hurt on the wallets more than a few 360 games. :)[/QUOTE]

Just because it's the 360 forum. There are actually one or two other games I also wanted to include but had to drop since I'm limited to 10 choices in a poll.

I put down Gears of War and DOAX2, but I'm waiting for reviews on both since they could really go either way.

Everything else is either something I could play on my PC or something that looks very uninteresting.

Call of Duty 3
F.E.A.R.
Gears of War
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 8
and maybe Viva Pinata

That's brutal that my five sure-fire titles all come out on the 7th... I'll be willing to pay cash for three of them, I guess. Gotta come up with some way to get trade-in credit for the other two.

- Gears of War is already paid off

Probably get
- Rainbox Six - Hookers
- Call of Duty 3
- F.E.A.R. possibly, but the demo did not impress me THAT much.

I put down CoD3 - one of those games where I'll say "I'm not going to buy it" but then wind up getting it on an impulse at the store.

GoW is a no-brainer. Epic won't disappoint.

SvsR 07 could end up being one of the best Live games ever. Who will hold the Cheapass Championship Wrestling title?

I didn't realize Rainbow Six Vegas was coming out the same day as the other big guns, which kind of sucks. Still, I'll take it over any game on the list besides GoW. Guess I'll be a $120 day for me, and I'll bump CoD3 back a week or two. R6 V is the game I bought the 360 Camera for. I've been waiting since they pulled the feature from Perfect Dark on N64 for a facemapped violent shooter.

I don't really see a need to buy multiple games at the same time, since I can only play one game at at a time.

I also DO actually think Gears of War is a no brainer. They have showed enough of it, and pumped enough money into it, that I really don't think it will disappoint. The biggest complaint about it will be length. Which is the case for all the best games.

CoD3 (if not on launch...eventually)
F.E.A.R.
Fuzion Frenzy 2
Gears of War
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Viva Pinata
------------------------
= About $350

:shock: OUCH!!!

I think Gears of War is my only definite. I'm going to wait for reviews on F.E.A.R. and Viva Pinata before buying. I'll eventually get CoD3 but I need to get through CoD2 first...

[quote name='KaneRobot']Who will hold the Cheapass Championship Wrestling title?
[/quote]
right here :cool:

but for real, we should have CAG tag teams, Cruiser-weights, heavyweights, and maybe even CAG stables for that (if it turns out to be good, that is).

Count me in for FEAR, GoW and Rainbow Six.

Not to mention Splinter Cell in October.

I have it all planned out though. I have 110.00 in credit to Gamestop, that covers two games, GoW will be a late birthday gift from my parents, and then I'll just buy the 4th one out of pocket.

woo!

CoD 3, F.E.A.R., and GoW for sure. Possibly DoA X2, but depending on the final products I may switch out Tony Hawk 8 instead. If I wasn't sort of disappointed in American Wasteland, Tony Hawk would be a definate buy.

EDIT: That's not to mention FiFA 07, Forza 2 (if it makes it out this year, doubtful), and possibly Marvel Ultimate Alliance (pending final product as well). Guess it's a good thing I sitll have some credit at Game Rush cuz my gaming tab is going to be very high this fall/winter.

Most of the games listed I want. I am trying not to build up a big back log of games this gen. So I will just get 1 -2 at a time, finish the single player throw in some multiplayer time and go buy another one.

I just had preordered a Wii from Amazon right before you posted this thread now that I realize I'll be spending $350+ on games by Wii's launch date I'm debating weather I should cancel my Wii preorder and just get one next year...:whistle2:k

Gears of war seems to be the primary candidate.

Mountain Dew was giving out free copies of Gears of War when it's released during E3

GoW and R6 are definite buys for me. There are a few others I'm interested in, but with the launch of the Wii they're gonna have to wait.

Nice to see Viva Pinata and Fuzion Frenzy 2 not totally dying here. I don't really care about Viva Pinata, but if FF2 is good I may get that.

COD3
F.E.A.R
Fusion Frenzy 2
Gears of War
R6 Vegas
WWE SVR 07
DOA X2

About $500 altogether. Wallet is gonna be a lot thinner at the end of Nov. :cry:

Hello, yes I need to take out a 2nd mortgage.

Sooner or later I am going to pick up a 360. These games only add to my want list. Include the Wii plus games and it is going to add up quick. Psst, don't tell the wife. :razz: Maybe I'll hit the lottery tomorrow night. :pray:

I'm going to get Star Trek Legacy and Gears of War when they come out. I also want Call of Duty 3 and FEAR, but I'm not going to get them right away.

im getting Cod 3, Gow, and RB6V for sure... and maybe fusion and fear... but the last 5 i could care less about

Fuzion Frenzy 2 and Smackdown vs. Raw '07 are a must buys for me.

Gears of War, F.E.A.R., Viva Pinata, CoD3 are all rentals with the possibility of purchase.

I'll being waiting on a price drop on Tony Hawk 8.

I already have 5 down on both Viva Pinata and Gears of War which are my only two games in November. My only other game of 2006 is Fifa 07. I don't really feel the need to waste on mediocre games now when I can save for the Half Life 2 Package, Mass Effect, Halo 3, etc. I can't spend so recklessly at the $60 price tag

Just realized you forgot to include 2 biggies on the list Crackdown and Splinter Cell. Unless you were just focusing on November.

Oh and how about this one:

200208bm.jpg
:lol:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200208

I'll be getting Gears of War, Tony Hawk, and Fuzion Frenzy. But also I'll probably get Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Need for Speed Carbon which have tentative November release dates.

Gears for sure since that's going to have good online co-op, I think. I loved RainbowSix3, but didn't like RS Lockdown too much, so I'll wait for reviews to be in the 8.5-9 range before I pay $60 for it. If it gets a high 7 or low 8 I'll pick it up after a price drop.

No other games on that list interest me too much, but I think I might get NBA 2K7 when it comes out (not sure what it's release date is). Plus I'm going to get Lord of the Rings BfME2, Dead Rising, and Saint's Row when I see them cheap next year.

Guess I amgoing to have to say fuck the wii for awhile, I may buy a ps3 then ebay it for profit and maybe that profit will be enough to buy me a wii.

But there are too many AAA titles coming out on the 360 in november.

The only game I'll get for sure is Gears of War. I've got it pre-ordered at Gamestop.

Other than that, the only game that really interests me enough to possibly buy it immediately is Rainbow Six. I'll pick up CoD3 and Fear eventually, but neither are a "must have" in my opinion.

Truth I hope Gears Of War has a Demo I'm a little Skeptical about it I want try it before I buy that game looks awesome and all but truth I don't know how much.

[quote name='Bazz']Truth I hope Gears Of War has a Demo I'm a little Skeptical about it I want try it before I buy that game looks awesome and all but truth I don't know how much.[/quote]
They said no demo before release date for Gears.

[quote name='Bazz']Truth I hope Gears Of War has a Demo I'm a little Skeptical about it I want try it before I buy that game looks awesome and all but truth I don't know how much.[/quote]
Don't worry about the quality of Gears of War. Epic makes great games.

COD3, FEAR, GOW, R6:V and TH. The rest will probably end up being rentals later down the line.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just realized you forgot to include 2 biggies on the list Crackdown and Splinter Cell. Unless you were just focusing on November.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='KaneRobot']...and keep in mind this is ONLY November, there are a few noteworthy titles coming between now and then, and then in December as well.[/QUOTE]

If I could have fit more than 10 I would have included other months, but November alone is even too much for it.

Also, even though Forza 2 is still listed as November on most retailer sites, it's pretty obvious from recent reports that it won't be out for a while, so I left it off on purpose.

Definites:
- Star Trek: Legacy
- Gears of War

Maybe:
- Call of Duty 3 (skeptical about no Infinity Ward involvement)
- F.E.A.R.
- Smackdown vs. Raw 07

Gears of War will be good but I have trouble getting addicted to games that lack matchmaking(ala halo2). Single player yeah of course will be good.

Ouch...
CoD3 ($60) 11/7 F.E.A.R. ($60) 11/7
Fuzion Frenzy 2 ($50) 11/7
Gears of War ($60-70) 11/7
Rainbow Six: Vegas ($60) 11/7
Tony Hawk 8 ($60) 11/7
Smackdown vs. Raw '07 ($60) 11/14
Viva Pinata ($50) 11/14
DoA X2 ($50) 11/20

bread's done
Back