Assistants is needed for picking the right car

8ballGuy

Banned
Hello I am looking to pick up a car that is good on gas, but yet is very nice and can be hooked up(ex. Civic, accord, Integra). The only conditions I have is.....it wont cost me an arm and a leg for Insurance(I am 20 and pay $179/month for My blue 89' Ford Mercury Cougar, and I have had no tickets or traffic violations. And the Car has to be a well built car and wont fall apart on me. I also am interested in a car that I can change the exhaust system(well a car you normally would change the exhaust)

*looking to spend 5k in cash(or lower)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Assistance.

Your requirements are rather vague ...[/QUOTE]

Basically....

Car that Normally last after 200,000 Miles
Hook the car up with body kits, exhaust, custom wheels and rims
Not too much insurance

Post 92 Honda Civic w/ a 4 banger & 5 speed manual. It's what tons of tuners have bought and kitted out before. Just don't declare your mods to your insurance company if you want to keep your insurance down.

The first thing to come to mind is ... Civic, accord, Integra. :lol:

Maybe the Scion tC or a Corolla, though I'm not sure how the aftermarket scene is right now.

[quote name='8ballGuy']ohh one more thing I cant drive a Stick shift[/QUOTE]
your gonna customize a automatic? before u buy a car learn how to drive a stick or u will be laughed at. or are u gonna be one of the guys that cover the automatic shifter to make it look like a stick

People will probably make fun of you for modifying an automatic. I would suggest these:
96-99 Honda Civic Coupe
95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS or GS (don't get a GST or GSX if you want good gas mileage - those are turbocharged and have a good bit more horsepower)
Late 90's Nissan Sentra
Late 90's Acura Integra

Those are all decent cars, but the Honda/Acura lineup has been beaten to death as you can't go into a parking lot without seeing one. There are a lot of cheap cars you can buy for under 5k. I personally want an 95-99 Eclipse GSX (don't care much about the worse gas mileage).

My dad has a Mustang Conv 5.0 GT, but he wouldent let me even touch that car, due to someone driving it before and wrecked it

u have $500 cash??? how much r u willing to pay each month??? Insurance and gas not included. I think u could get an infiniti g35 for 479 a month if u have $8000 on a down payment

look its easy to drive a stick.

have your dad go with you to get your new car. and then learnon your new car.

It wont take but an hour or so to learn. In a week period you will be pretty good.

carsoup

I reccomend going with something forgein. Those cars last forever My friend had a 89 Honda Civic. That car lasted 400,000 miles and there was only a few major problems he had and the were not that expensive under $500. He got it at 100,000 miles.

[quote name='8ballGuy']ohh one more thing I cant drive a Stick shift[/QUOTE]

You sir, are not a man. As much as I abhor "hooking up" cars, it's kind of ridiculous to do it to an automatic. Learn to drive stick.

bread's done
Back