Astro A40 or Turtlebeach X4

x2k-one

CAGiversary!
I know this is cheap ass gamer but i am interesting on buying A40 or the X4.
I would like to know if i can use the A40 and the 360 hdmi cable at the same time and also i would like to know if the x4 has random noise when you place a phone or any other wireless electronic like the x3 which i own. Any suggestions??

Been wondering about these myself, if anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it as well.

Sorry I didn't answer your question though :/

For what it's worth, I was interested in getting these at one point, and in my investigations, I heard Astros are a little better overall, but $250 for a headset....really?

You can get turtle beach x4's on ebay for $179.99 shipped which isn't THAT bad, and I doubt there's much difference overall, so I'd probably recommend the turtle beach.

As for your questions, I haven't used them, so I can't tell you, sorry!

Well for what it's worth, I have some X3s and my friend uses the Astros. His headset blows me away every time I'm on them. And I know MLG uses them as their 'official' headset for Halo 3, so I'm assuming that must add some clout to them as well. Astros most certainly are gonna be better, but yea, if it's worth the price to you or not is another matter entirely.

I haven't tried out the A40's but I currently use the X4's and loving it. At first there's some noticeable "white noise" when you're not playing anything, but after a while of using them I completely forgot about it. Be sure though to get rechargeable AAA batteries because they drain pretty quick (taking off Bass Boost helps a little but I use it anyway).

And to answer your question, I don't hear any random noises while my phone is next to me.

If you have any other questions just let me know and I'll try to answer them.

I don't like the TB's at all i'm happy with my sennheisers but I have no external mic attachment for it so I would like to use the astro's.

I believe the X4's have the same interference issue that your X3's have, as would be the case with most wireless headsets.

Have you looked into the Tritton headsets? I have the AX360's there are wired, but its true Dolby Digital 5.1 not simulated like the X3's and X4's, also they are only $90.

only 2 cons are no seperate mic controls (no volume or mute) and they're wired, but a great headset and sound quite a bit better than the X3's IMO.

Tritton also has a newer high-end headset (the AXPRO) that I havent tried

[quote name='Pojomofo']
Have you looked into the Tritton headsets? I have the AX360's there are wired, but its true Dolby Digital 5.1 not simulated like the X3's and X4's, also they are only $90.
[/QUOTE]

The X4 has Dolby Digital 5.1. I'm pretty sure the X3 does not.

I have the turtle Beach x4's and I'm borrowing my friends astro a40's while his xbox is being repaired. I like the a40's but i do not notice much of a difference in sound quality because they are both simulated surround sound. If I were you I would get a mix amp (the astro one probably) then I would buy the turtle beach HPX headset (which is not simulated) this is a way better setup then the stock a40's. Do not get tritton I had those at one point and ended up returning them. But the turtle beach x4's are great for there price (i got mine for 120 on ebay) and if you don't like wires the x4's are the only way to go. a40's & x4 = simulated Dolby 5.1 x41 = genuine Dolby 7.1. The x4's (not the x41's) use Ir, infrared, technology like your TV remote so no, your phone will NOT cause interference with the sound. as for tritton they are trash, the axpros and ax360 were both designs that turtle beach threw out (sold) because they did not meet their standard. The sennheisers I haven't tried but I've heard they're one of the best. But if you want the best for cheap youse turtle beach HPX with the astro mix amp or ant amp you find (ebay 20-30$) because they are already true dolby 5.1. If you don't get the astro amp be sure to get the adapter for your mic so you can talk.

bread's done
Back