Astro Gaming $50 for $100 is back! Rockars.com Deal

Is it possible to stack this with the ASTAR promo code? If so, I may have to bite.

With the purchase of this item or any item over $199, get 50% off A*Star Earbuds when you enter promo code ASTAR at checkout.

Oh god. fucking. Dammit.
I just ordered my A40s last week after my last headset died off.
Wouldn't have minded that extra $50, but at least it won't break me. -.-

[quote name='xeroblade']im completely dumb. this will give me 100 off astros?[/QUOTE]
If i'm understanding correctly, you buy a $100 coupon for $50. Effectively you get $50 off.

It figures I broke down and bought my mixamp 5.8 last week because there were no holiday sales. Returned px5 I'd gotten in lightning deal and bought the mixamp 5.8 and sennheiser 598s.

I bought one of these anyway...to do what with I don't know. Maybe I'll gift it to a buddy.

[quote name='dnajar']It figures I broke down and bought my mixamp 5.8 last week because there were no holiday sales. Returned px5 I'd gotten in lightning deal and bought the mixamp 5.8 and sennheiser 598s.

I bought one of these anyway...to do what with I don't know. Maybe I'll gift it to a buddy.[/QUOTE]

Not to turn around and flip this, but since this deal just died already and I don't really need the code I'll split this with someone. I'll keep $25 for the mixamp I just bought and someone can have a $25 discount. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Wow, I guess I got in right before it died. Got 2 of them. I'm probably going to split up my orders so that the Saints Row headset is in one order, and the accessories are in the other, that way the coupon code covers the cost of the accessories (except for the cost of shipping..).

[quote name='foreinter']It's live again. It's worth to get the Mixamp 5.8 wireless over the Mixamp Pro (wired) version?[/QUOTE]

It depends if you serious about gaming , if you think in the near future you want to compete in major league gaming i say go for the wired one , but if you only going to play from the couch go wireless

If I dont use the full amount in one order do i lose the left over balance? I wanted to buy some custom tags but that is on some other astro gaming beta website, while the accessories i wanted to buy are on astro gaming website... Any ideas?

[quote name='dapunisure']If I dont use the full amount in one order do i lose the left over balance? I wanted to buy some custom tags but that is on some other astro gaming beta website, while the accessories i wanted to buy are on astro gaming website... Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I would contact Astro directly on that one. I don't know if it is a coupon code or a gift card. The work around might be to buy an eGift card on their website.

Thanks for the heads up, OP and Cap!

I jumped on the deal for one. I was dead set on buying two coupons to use separately (one for headset and the other for the mix amp). However, I spent some time comparing prices and found that the individual items are priced so much more when they are not bundled that it really makes no difference.

Now to decide which headset I want...

Just wanted to add Astro's customer services is wonderful they replaced my out of warranty(for over a year) mixamp (The optical port was broken) with a newer model for free all I had to do is ship them the old one.

After reading lots of Head-Fi impressions, I went with just the regular MixAmp Pro with this coupon and combined it with an HD598 for $177 and a Logitech mic for $20 (both from Amazon).

An A40 after coupon would run you $150 + $18 shipping. Pretty sure at these price ranges the extra $30 is worth it to go the 598 route.

Just food for thought.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']After reading lots of Head-Fi impressions, I went with just the regular MixAmp Pro with this coupon and combined it with an HD598 for $177 and a Logitech mic for $20 (both from Amazon).

An A40 after coupon would run you $150 + $18 shipping. Pretty sure at these price ranges the extra $30 is worth it to go the 598 route.

Just food for thought.[/QUOTE]

I recently bought similar setup last week - Mixamp 5.8, HD598 and Labtec LVA7330 ClearVoice Head Microphone (going to do the velcro mod).

As I posted earlier, I bought coupon figuring I could split the difference with someone so I can retro apply for myself. I tried entering it in to marketplace but it only takes games. PM me if interested. Also happy to remove post if this is breaking some kind of rule.

I love my Mixamp Pro. I use it with a Denon ah d2000 Headphone, and a Zalman Clip mic.
But I have being shipped to me the sennhiser ps360 can't wait to try them out.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Oh god. fucking. Dammit.
I just ordered my A40s last week after my last headset died off.
Wouldn't have minded that extra $50, but at least it won't break me. -.-

If i'm understanding correctly, you buy a $100 coupon for $50. Effectively you get $50 off.[/QUOTE]
Yup, just bought a wireless system 2 days ago. Would have loved to have had this coupon. The 21st was the last day for Christmas delivery.

Edit: Sold out, again.

I was lucky enough and got 1 so I plan on getting the Mixamp. Thanks OP!

For current owners, how is your system set up? I have a 360 and PS3 so I'm looking for the easiest way to hook up both. Since there's only 1 optical input, can I use a switch? I really don't want to plug and unplug each system every time.

[quote name='RandomEarthling']I was lucky enough and got 1 so I plan on getting the Mixamp. Thanks OP!

For current owners, how is your system set up? I have a 360 and PS3 so I'm looking for the easiest way to hook up both. Since there's only 1 optical input, can I use a switch? I really don't want to plug and unplug each system every time.[/QUOTE]

I use a switch. Output of the switch goes to a splitter, which goes to the MixAmp and the A/V receiver.

I used my coupon to purchase the A40s, wireless mix amp, and a rechargeable battery pack for the mix amp. Total for everything and shipping came out to be approximately $220. Can't wait for them to arrive

Has someone checked to see if this can be used to purchase an Astro gift card? The fine print doesn't mention it.

Fine Print

• Code valid for 3 months
  • Multiple promo codes can be purchased
  • Only 1 code can be redeemed per order
  • Limited quantity
  • Expires 3/30/2012
  • No Refunds

Thanks for posting this. You really made my day. I also would love to know if I could use these to buy gift cards. I bought two of them in case a freind wanted in on the deal. It would be sweet if I wouldnt have to make two seperate orders to use them myself.

[quote name='drastion']Thanks for posting this. You really made my day. I also would love to know if I could use these to buy gift cards. I bought two of them in case a freind wanted in on the deal. It would be sweet if I wouldnt have to make two seperate orders to use them myself.[/QUOTE]

Go through gift card checkout and enter it in the Discounts Code field. You can enter it and apply to see if code works

I got in for a code , this is the second time I have purchased a code , I can confirm the site is real and Astrogaming confirmed they are good to go

Japakneez

So if I enter it will the code only be used if the order is completed?

I never used these type of codes before. Got some google offers ones too. I just want to make sure it doesnt get used if I wanted to try.

Also can I assume more than one gift card can be used at a time unlike the codes themselves?

Guys, I'm on the edge of pulling the trigger to buy a Mixamp. But I already have a PX5 which includes the Turtle beach DSS component inside. My question is how the Mixamp compares to the Turtle Beach DSS? If they are similar, I probably shouldn't spend more money on this. Thanks for any advice.

[quote name='drastion']Japakneez

So if I enter it will the code only be used if the order is completed?

I never used these type of codes before. Got some google offers ones too. I just want to make sure it doesnt get used if I wanted to try.

Also can I assume more than one gift card can be used at a time unlike the codes themselves?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm wondering.. there's a high possibility that you can only use one coupon code per order which includes gift cards, but we won't know for sure until someone confirms it. It doesn't get used until you complete the order, you can test all you want.

Damn it, I really wish this would have popped up a couple days ago. My son really wants the Penny Arcade A40's and for 50 bucks off....well, this is the best deal I have seen yet on them. Too bad there is no chance to get them here by Christmas. The Penny Arcade A40's plus the Gears of War XBox360 I got on Newegg would have absolutely blown my sons mind come Christmas morning. Oh well, I can just give them to him as a late present.

Just a quick question for anyone in the know, is it worth getting the Mixamp pro or will the regular Mixamp that comes with it suffice? Is it worth the extra cash.

Ok, I tried buying an egift card.. the order is still "processing". I haven't received the gift card via email yet. I hope this actually goes through, kind of worrying since the gift card page says that you'll receive it instantly.

Righteous Nixon

The 5.8 and Pro sound exactly the same. The pro does have more connection options in case you want to hook something else up. But the 5.8 has a passthrough so you can also have it hooked up to your home theater and not have to keep plugging it in.

Overall probally better to have the 5.8. That way you dont have to worry about tripping over wires.

[quote name='drastion']Righteous Nixon

The 5.8 and Pro sound exactly the same. The pro does have more connection options in case you want to hook something else up. But the 5.8 has a passthrough so you can also have it hooked up to your home theater and not have to keep plugging it in.

Overall probally better to have the 5.8. That way you dont have to worry about tripping over wires.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, will definitely pass on the Pro. Less cash out of my pocket as well.

foreinter

The dss and astro are the same chip so there is no difference in sound. The only reason is to get wireless and voice chat. No real reason to get it if you are already happy with what you have.

[quote name='drastion']foreinter

The dss and astro are the same chip so there is no difference in sound. The only reason is to get wireless and voice chat. No real reason to get it if you are already happy with what you have.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much. I also did a little bit research and decide not to buy it. Very appreciated.

[quote name='enufs8d']does that mean you arent going to use your code? i missed the offer by a few hours.[/QUOTE]

Did you check after your post? It was on again for awhile, but dead now.

doh! ive been checking back every couple of hours. i swear that i did check right before my post.

update: mixamp is same to way better than dss (depends on your ears). there is significant hiss from dss. dss

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='enufs8d']doh! ive been checking back every couple of hours. i swear that i did check right before my post.

update: mixamp is same to way better than dss (depends on your ears). there is significant hiss from dss. dss

bread's done
Back