Astro Gaming $50 for $100 is back! Rockars.com Deal

For anyone that bought any of these coupons, DO NOT attempt buying a gift card with the coupon code. My order is still processing and I never received a gift card, I had to contact their support (which you have extremely limited options of contacting might I add), and I'm trying to get this resolved. Received my first response a few minutes ago.. the guy asked me to check my junk folder lol (like I wouldn't have already done that..).

I'm going to be pissed if they tell me that I can't get a refund due to using a coupon code, as the policy for the coupon never said it couldn't be used for gift card orders.

[quote name='sunghost']For anyone that bought any of these coupons, DO NOT attempt buying a gift card with the coupon code. My order is still processing and I never received a gift card, I had to contact their support (which you have extremely limited options of contacting might I add), and I'm trying to get this resolved. Received my first response a few minutes ago.. the guy asked me to check my junk folder lol (like I wouldn't have already done that..).

I'm going to be pissed if they tell me that I can't get a refund due to using a coupon code, as the policy for the coupon never said it couldn't be used for gift card orders.[/QUOTE]
I have the same problem. I am pissed. I haven't heard from anyone yet and I opened my support case on Friday. The website says gift cards are emailed immediately. What a crock.

[quote name='dnajar']I have the same problem. I am pissed. I haven't heard from anyone yet and I opened my support case on Friday. The website says gift cards are emailed immediately. What a crock.[/QUOTE]

At least I know I'm not alone. I replied back to the first email they sent me on the 23rd and haven't heard back again. I guess the delay could be due to the holidays. If I don't get a response eventually I'm probably going to dispute the charges for the coupon codes I purchased. I have one left, but after having a bad experience using my first coupon code I don't want to risk using the 2nd only for the order to fail.

Oh, and if you didn't state in your support case that you checked your junk/spam email folder, expect to get a generic response asking if you've checked them (meaning you'll have to wait even longer.. because you'll have to respond to that email and wait for another response).

[quote name='spiderdog']I have the Tritons ax720 . Been looking for something new, are the Astros that much better if at all?[/QUOTE]

Trittons and Turtle Beach don't come close. I was working on an FPS at the time i discovered Astro. I tried out several headset and amp combinations. There are things you can hear with astro that you can't hear as clearly with the others.

Sorry to drag up an old post. I was wondering if anyone who tried to get a gift card with there code has had any progress in getging it. I have still not heard back from astro support.

[quote name='drastion']Sorry to drag up an old post. I was wondering if anyone who tried to get a gift card with there code has had any progress in getging it. I have still not heard back from astro support.[/QUOTE]

Same here...I bought 3 coupons and immediately bought 3 gift cards.

Finally got my giftcard after contacting their support team, and having to contact Astro Warblade to get my case bumped. I ordered it on December 23rd, and received it today. I'm just glad it's been resolved, but their support is quite slow at responding. The fact that you need to contact Astro Warblade to get their support team to respond is pretty ridiculous.

Now.. I hope I don't have any problems with the Astro A40s I'm about to order. If it's defective when I receive it, it's going to be a major hassle returning it or getting a refund.

[quote name='fortunado']Ugh quit bringing this thread back up - you keep dashing my hopes over and over. :( ... I missed out on the coupon.[/QUOTE]

same here, i really want this headphones...

i got the mix amp 5.8 for christmas. and paired em up with my steelseries siberia v2. AMAZING combo, i love not being pigeonholed into using a single headset.

I received my A40 wireless system and the TX (transmitter) was DOA. I have contacted astro support and they are offering to email me a shipping label and have me send it in and they will send out a replacement. I will have to wait a total of about two more weeks to go through all of the shipping hassle before I actually get to try it out which is disappointing to say the least. I was hoping they would send me a replacement and allow me to send the defective unit back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='billybo']I received my A40 wireless system and the TX (transmitter) was DOA. I have contacted astro support and they are offering to email me a shipping label and have me send it in and they will send out a replacement. I will have to wait a total of about two more weeks to go through all of the shipping hassle before I actually get to try it out which is disappointing to say the least. I was hoping they would send me a replacement and allow me to send the defective unit back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah when it comes to Astro's support.. don't have high expectations. I honestly wish I didn't purchase from them, not really impressed with the audio quality of the A40 wireless system and this is my first headset..

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah when it comes to Astro's support.. don't have high expectations. I honestly wish I didn't purchase from them, not really impressed with the audio quality of the A40 wireless system and this is my first headset..[/QUOTE]

You must of had bad luck then; the two times I have contacted them they were great. The first time they replace my splitter cable because the channels were switch. And the second they replaced my 2 year old mixamp (broken optical port) with a new one. I do recommend only getting the mixamp though since there are plenty of other headset options such as the PC360, AD700+Mic,HD5xx+Mic.

bread's done
Back