Astro Mixamp vs. Earforce DSS

sandaz93

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was wondering which one is better for gaming. Sound quality is the most important factor to me. The Earforce is around 70 while the Astro is around 140.

As far as sound quality goes, I can't imagine either being better than the other. So based off that, you're paying for design and how the item functions.

The only difference I can see is the Earforce DSS allows you to adjust your bass boost whereas the astros mixamp probably has some already applied that you can't adjust. This is nifty seeing as how you can decide what games should have/need bass boost and what games sound perfectly fine clean.

I bought the Earforce DSS nearly a year ago and haven't played a game without them since. My first online game of MW2(footstep frags ftw) with these pretty much made me a proud owner. Just make sure you have a solid pair of headphones.

From everything I read, the Astro Mixamp is just ever so slightly better, maybe 5% better than the DSS for double the price. The thing that puts the mixamp above the DSS is the ability for it to regulate chat volume.

bread's done
Back