Astrogaming - 15% Off Coupon

The $100 off $50 coupon was a much better deal, unless you get one of their wireless systems.

EDIT: Never mind, failing at math. Still not a better deal.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']The $100 off $50 coupon was a much better deal, unless you get one of their wireless systems.

EDIT: Never mind, failing at math. Still not a better deal.[/QUOTE]

Unless you figured out a way to make the Rockars coupons stack like I did...:applause:

Thanks for the coupon.

[quote name='dnajar']Unless you figured out a way to make the Rockars coupons stack like I did...:applause:

Thanks for the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Please share...

[quote name='dnajar']Unless you figured out a way to make the Rockars coupons stack like I did...:applause:

Thanks for the coupon.[/QUOTE]

hmmm how did you get them to stack oh buddy ole pal!!

[quote name='Ellahjay88']hmmm how did you get them to stack oh buddy ole pal!![/QUOTE]

He's talking about converting the $100 coupon to an e-giftcard which was broken the last time I tried. You have to order the e-giftcard using the $100 coupon and then contact their support team. Took 2 weeks for them to send my e-giftcard. Not worth it IMO. After you've gotten the e-giftcard, redeem it for store credit and then apply the 15% off coupon to your order and it'll be stacked.

That aside, you're better off not getting Astro gear if you want better quality, especially for only 15% off.. Half of your savings will probably be the shipping cost which can be around $20 depending on how much you order.

[quote name='sunghost']He's talking about converting the $100 coupon to an e-giftcard which was broken the last time I tried. You have to order the e-giftcard using the $100 coupon and then contact their support team. Took 2 weeks for them to send my e-giftcard. Not worth it IMO. After you've gotten the e-giftcard, redeem it for store credit and then apply the 15% off coupon to your order and it'll be stacked.

That aside, you're better off not getting Astro gear if you want better quality, especially for only 15% off..[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. http://www.astrogaming.com/gift-cards that's not very helpful at the moment.

What better quality alternatives do you suggest rather than the Mixamps?

[quote name='drock']Ah, I see. http://www.astrogaming.com/gift-cards that's not very helpful at the moment.

What better quality alternatives do you suggest rather than the Mixamps?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'm not really sure what would be better.. just that there have to be better alternatives lol. My mixamp doesn't even play all sounds properly. The PS3 XMB sounds get cut off or don't play half the time, and the same thing happens with some sounds on my PC. Heard this happening to another user on the astro support forum. I guess it could be a defect and not a design flaw, not sure how many people were affected by that. Doesn't happen to all sounds, just the audio tone for the XMB, and sounds like switching through folders in Windows. Really strange issue. But overall I wasn't impressed by the quality of the headset and the mixamp that I received.

I paid $260 (including shipping) for the Saints Row wireless system and regret it.

[quote name='sunghost']Honestly, I'm not really sure what would be better.. just that there have to be better alternatives lol. My mixamp doesn't even play all sounds properly. The PS3 XMB sounds get cut off or don't play half the time, and the same thing happens with some sounds on my PC. Heard this happening to another user on the astro support forum. I guess it could be a defect and not a design flaw, not sure how many people were affected by that. Doesn't happen to all sounds, just the audio tone for the XMB, and sounds like switching through folders in Windows. Really strange issue. But overall I wasn't impressed by the quality of the headset and the mixamp that I received.

I paid $260 (including shipping) for the Saints Row wireless system and regret it.[/QUOTE]

Hah. That does suck. I've had the Mixamp Pro and A40 for my PC and was thinking about upgrading to the Mixamp 5.8 for wireless to my consoles. I've been totally happy with my current setup, sounds great and comfortable headphones. I wonder if they've gone downhill since then or if you've got a dud.

[quote name='drock']Hah. That does suck. I've had the Mixamp Pro and A40 for my PC and was thinking about upgrading to the Mixamp 5.8 for wireless to my consoles. I've been totally happy with my current setup, sounds great and comfortable headphones. I wonder if they've gone downhill since then or if you've got a dud.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't had any problems with the mixamp pro, I would stick to using that. This problem may only affect the mixamp 5.8. The other guy that posted on the community support forum was using a wired mixamp 5.8, and I'm using the wireless 5.8.

I picked up the wired A40 system (with headphones & Mixamp Pro) in December and am really happy with it. Recently I completed my complicated but convenience-oriented setup which incorporates a 3-way toslink switch and usb hub with 35' usb repeater cables so I don't have to manually switch cables out depending on which gaming system I want to use them on.

It's pretty simple getting it to work with a 360, PS3, and PC. One thing that bugs me though is that on the PC I have to manually switch "Playback Devices" from speakers to Digital Audio to get sound from the headphones. However, both the PS3 and 360 can output sound through both HDMI & toslink at the same time.

One other minus that may be important to you (but wasn't to me) is that the bass is lacking. In games I hardly notice it, but in music it is very obvious.

Pluses include:
- Comfort. I tried the TB PX5s and they squeezed my head so hard I had a headache. The Astros are the most comfortable phones I've worn yet.
- Simplicity in balancing game sound and chat volume. It's just a simple knob.
- Connection options. The Mixamp Pro has coax, toslink, and RCA inputs. That was the reason I chose them over the 5.8s, but I ended up using toslink exclusively for convenience.

i got the mixamp 5.8 wireless for christmas, and i bought my own headset (steel series siberia v2) and so far so good. best headset combo ive ever had. everything is clear, everything comes in clean, no complaints, and ive watched netflix, dvds, and played alot of shooters with them, VERY nice setup, and i LOVE how it doesnt pigeon hole you into using 1 headset like almost all other wireless setups.

I grabbed the wireless mix amp and the A40s in December. I was using the Turtle Beach PX21 + DSS previously. The improvement was huge: better bass, more comfortable fit, higher quality materials, and most importantly - no annoying hiss.

If you can afford them, it's worth it.

If you plan to listen to movies, keep in mind that the Mix Amp (like most other gaming headsets) doesn't decode DTS. My recent Blu-ray rentals from Netflix have only had DTS tracks.

I don't think the weakness is the Mixamp 5.8, but Astro's headphones, which are mediocre. Pair the Mixamp 5.8 with some Sennheiser PC360s and you've got a pretty nice setup.

I could not speak more highly of Astro's stuff. I have the A40s, A30s, A*STARs, MixAmp Pro, and Scout Backpack and love them dearly.

And I just came off some amazing out of warranty support from them.

[quote name='Ricanlegend']Is the coupon still working ? i cant seem to make it work[/QUOTE]

Twitter is your friend. Expired 1/25, they say.

bread's done
Back