Asus Mars GTX 295 CE - have you guys seen this?

Oh yeah I saw those a while ago, they look like they take up 3 slots though, so I'm not sure if you can even do a Tri-SLI on those monsters. And 4GB memory.... lol. I still remember those days of having 1MB PCI video card, and you can insert 2 memory chips to make it a 2MB card so you can run 1024x768 on desktop and run mp2 videos haha.

Yes, that is truly a hilarious piece of hardware. Why is it so funny? Because you didn't see the price. Give me $15K and I'll get a 2 or 3 for you, plus that huge monitor that can display 3840 x 2160, and I'll keep the 5 bucks left over.

A few years after buying it you will feel like a douche when its standard/ less pc games to take advantage of that.

[quote name='Dezuria']In a year or two, I'd expect a $400 card to be just as powerful as that.[/QUOTE]

It will be a treat to enjoy with the 4 big pc titles a year, if that.

Yeah, unless you swear by playing Crysis and its sequels and spin-offs for the next 3 or 4 years, there is no point in spending $3000 on a pair of that card. I think we've reached the point where the rise in hardware specification requirement for the latest computer games has slowed down to a craw.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Yeah, unless you swear by playing Crysis and its sequels and spin-offs for the next 3 or 4 years, there is no point in spending $3000 on a pair of that card. I think we've reached the point where the rise in hardware specification requirement for the latest computer games has slowed down to a craw.[/QUOTE]

I've been saying this for a while now, that hardware has way outpaced software on the PC. Personally I think it might have something to do with development costs, as well as most high profile PC games being held back by being designed with 360 hardware in mind.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I really don't get why people use Crysis as a game to test their video cards.[/QUOTE]

Because despite coming out 2 years ago, the game is still the best graphically. It's also the biggest GPU hog and so being able to run it well is a big badge of honor.

bread's done
Back