Atari Jaguar games 10% off entire order including shipping from Songbird Productions

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
Songbird Black Friday sale

Now through Monday, Dec 2nd, you can get 10% off your order of Atari Jaguar or Lynx video games at Songbird Productions. Because we are extra thankful this weekend, we'll even include Crystal Mines for the NDS, rare Telegames releases, and of course all of the Songbird games in this offer! Simply place an order using the PayPal shopping cart and include the code THANKFUL10 in the comments, and we'll refund 10% of your order total including shipping. This is a manual step for us, so you won't see the refund until after the order is placed.

Inventory is limited so be sure to place your order today!

Offer limited to stock on hand, and expires 11:00pm CST on Monday, December 2nd.

-------

This is pretty much for gaming enthusiasts who like old niche titles for dead systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother worked at Electronics Boutique and convinced my parents that the Lynx and Jaguar were the better choices instead of the competing Nintendo products, so that's what I got.  I hate my brother.

Just kidding, of course.  Actually, I quite enjoyed both systems (to the extent I was able to).

Just kidding, of course. Actually, I quite enjoyed both systems (to the extent I was able to).
I got a Jaguar when Mervyn's shut down. Think this was in '97; definitely after the N64 launched.

It had it's good moments. Best games I remember were Iron Soldier and Power Drive Rally. One was an FPS, thru the view of a 50ft robot and the other was an awesome racer which reminded me of RC Pro Am.

Then there was the MK clone... only remember that for the Scotsman who shot fireballs out from under his kilt. Yeah, that existed :lol:

Then there was the MK clone... only remember that for the Scotsman who shot fireballs out from under his kilt. Yeah, that existed :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasumi_Ninja

• Angus MacGreggor is the blacksmith of his village Loch Katrine, as was his father, and his father's father before him. The constant pounding of hot iron has made Angus a burly man. Legend of Angus' strength quickly spread to the other clans of Scotland and as a result he was constantly challenged to tests of strength. These tests included wrestling, boxing, weight lifting, and the caber toss. Angus always won easily, and soon became obsessed with fighting. Any pub Angus visited encountered a severe lack of both furnishings and patrons. Angus soon ran out of those who would challenge him, causing him much anger. Now Angus has dedicated his life to finding a worthy opponent, one who might be able to give him the fight of his life. One of his death moves was voted #1 in the "GamesMaster Gore Special - Top 10 Death Moves", where he rapidly punches his opponent's head, decapitates him with a kick, and epically headbutts their head offscreen when it's airborne.[citation needed] Angus is most noted for the special move in which he shoots a fireball that inexplicably comes from underneath his kilt. Featuring him among the most bizarre fighting characters in 2008, GameDaily wrote that "nowhere else will you find an Scotsman that launches fireballs from beneath his kilt."[1]

I'll be playing TxK on Vita soon enough (I believe it was submitted to Sony last Sunday or some such day), so that will scratch the Tempest 2K itch. :)

Tempest 2000 justified the Jaguar. I wish I still had mine so I could play T2K.
How could I forget about T2K.

Aliens vs Predators and Rayman were also pretty good.

Damn, this almost makes we wanna dig out the Jaguar and hook it up... Almost

And thinking about it, I think I have Iron Soldier 3 in PSX backlog still waiting to be played someday.

They are legit, they (might) still develop new games for the Jag. Only people in the Jag homebrew scene that release full cartridges.
Yeah, but the majority of the games that they've released are actual licensed titles, like Total Carnage from Midway, for example.

I finally got an email from Carl Forhan about why my order is taking so long. He said that the games that I ordered are taking a while to be manufactured and that they should be shipped out by Monday, December 9.

They are legit, they (might) still develop new games for the Jag. Only people in the Jag homebrew scene that release full cartridges.
They are releasing new Jaguar carts? I can't believe this is a thing. Do they make inserts for the controller too? Cuz that would be kinda awesome. My Jag just goes to a full red screen as soon as 'jaguar' comes up. A bummer, I wanted to see how well AvP, Cybermorph and Iron Soldier aged. Can't imagine they held up well. I think I even have a Double Dragon V cart that I somehow thought would be a good idea.

They are releasing new Jaguar carts? I can't believe this is a thing. Do they make inserts for the controller too? Cuz that would be kinda awesome. My Jag just goes to a full red screen as soon as 'jaguar' comes up. A bummer, I wanted to see how well AvP, Cybermorph and Iron Soldier aged. Can't imagine they held up well. I think I even have a Double Dragon V cart that I somehow thought would be a good idea.
Did you try cleaning the contacts with alcohol? Even on my new Jaguar CD unit it can be quite difficult to get games to come online. Definitely testy systems...

I recently got a brand new Jaguar CD system from Best Electronics (not to be confused with Best Buy) and even that gives me troubles.

Got my games in today-

2rgkr6b.jpg

Songbird is legit. It's been more years than I care to admit since I've ordered from them, but the owner (Carl Forhan) has actually published a number of previously unreleased Jaguar games over the years. The site itself hasn't changed in years (and hasn't had any need to), so don't let that stop you from doing business with them. Carl is good people. 'nuff said.

And what's great is that these games are official releases still getting reprints here and there.

I wish he'd contact SNK to get officially licensed to do some Neo Geo AES releases.

Actually, I'll ask him about that.

Congrats.

Very cool to see support for the system.

But hard for me to drop that much coin on Jaguar games at this point. I'd probably do it if they were half the cost of what's listed.
Try for second-hand on eBay.co.uk.

Telegames.co.uk still sells Soccer Kid and Total Carnage, and up until 2007 or so, GAME sold them in-store as well. So there's bound to be some complete copies out there in the wild.

^Thanks.

I'll do that.  

I thought Telegames had gotten out of it completely, maybe 6 years ago?

Man this makes me smile. Many good memories of the Jag...and so many painful delays of Alien vs Predator.

bread's done
Back