Atari Jaguar

Fire_Thief

Banned
After watching the Nerd's review of this, I really want one! Its freaking awesome. Kasumi Ninja is mindless fun.

It is a cool system (even though it didnt do that well in the market...), I still enjoy playing it once in a while

I have to disagree. The Jaguar was interesting, but it was a very underdeveloped system. And by that, I mean that developers didn't support it nearly enough to make it a worthwhile investment.

The Jaguar is a system that you pick up to be an interesting footnote in your collection. If you aren't getting it for collecting purposes, I certainly wouldn't get it for actually playing games. Aside from the extremely small selection of enjoyable titles, (and the not-much-bigger selection of crapware) there is the fact that the controllers for the Jaguar well and truly sucked. The things make the XBox Duke controller feel small and conservative.

For acquiring hard-to-find quality games, you would be better served purchasing a Sega Saturn. (one of the most notoriously difficult systems to emulate)

Its for collecting, but I'm also gonna be playing it. I already own a Saturn. Games for that are so hard to come by.

So, anyone got some Jag games for sale? :p

(Sigh) If you're determined to play the Jaguar, the defacto go-to game on it is Aliens vs. Predator. This is considered by many to be the best game released for the Jaguar. Be prepared to pay a hefty mark-up though, as it is not easy to find, and usually goes for a high price. (partially because most people know it is one of the best games on the system)

For more selections, you might want to try browsing Giant Bomb. Giant Bomb is an excellent video game focused Wiki that has a decent amount of information on older titles and systems.

Games that are hilariously bad don't hold their appeal very long -- unlike a really crappy movie or song. Jaguar games like Club Drive and Ultra Vortek are laughable for a few minutes, but you want them to end quickly.

[quote name='Richard Kain']For acquiring hard-to-find quality games, you would be better served purchasing a Sega Saturn. (one of the most notoriously difficult systems to emulate)[/QUOTE]

Not anymore it's not. They said it could never be done, but quad core CPUs have made the Saturn their bitch.

I should be getting my own Jaguar next week. It's coming with Alien Vs. Predator and Doom! Sweet!

bread's done
Back