Atari Sale 50% off

[quote name='Casteor']Shipping kills the deal[/QUOTE]

Ghostbusters for PC is $10 if you do the digital download. Shipping doesn't necessarily have to kill the deal, if there's nothing to ship. :D

Edit: Also, The Withcer would be $15 in that same scenario. So if you don't care about physical media (and I know that I don't), then there are some decent deals here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mokmoof']Ghostbusters for PC is $10 if you do the digital download. Shipping doesn't necessarily have to kill the deal, if there's nothing to ship. :D

Edit: Also, The Withcer would be $15 in that same scenario. So if you don't care about physical media (and I know that I don't), then there are some decent deals here.[/QUOTE]

My PC isn't strong enough to handle these kinds of games.

[quote name='Casteor']My PC isn't strong enough to handle these kinds of games.[/QUOTE]

Point taken. Full-scale digital distribution for consoles--that really needs to happen.

[quote name='mokmoof']Point taken. Full-scale digital distribution for consoles--that really needs to happen.[/QUOTE]

I hope not. I prefer the hard copies so I don't have to worry about drm and I can trade or sell the games when I'm finished with them.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I hope not. I prefer the hard copies so I don't have to worry about drm and I can trade or sell the games when I'm finished with them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying that discs should go away. I'm just saying that it would be nice to have the choice. Shipping would never have to kill another deal.

And as for DRM, your physical copies have plenty of that as it is--and as Steam shows, in my humble opinion, DRM doesn't have to be a pain anyway.

[quote name='mokmoof']Point taken. Full-scale digital distribution for consoles--that really needs to happen.[/QUOTE]

Hell motherfuckin' NO!!! As soon as Sony/MS/Nintendo pull that shit, I stop gaming. I'm not paying for something I have zero resell rights to.

I prefer a physical copy.

fyi: King's Bounty: The Legend has been $10 at Half Price Books for a few months now. The ones near me have bunches of them in stock.

Big Lots might have it too.

[quote name='nexen']fyi: King's Bounty: The Legend has been $10 at Half Price Books for a few months now. The ones near me have bunches of them in stock.

Big Lots might have it too.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LegioXIX']King's Bounty: The Legend is the second game and was just released last month. The one you are talking about is probably the first game.[/QUOTE]

No the noew is King's Bounty Armored Princess and is download only ATM. A physical release has been hinted at for earlier 2010, according tto the publisher's website.

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/

I have seen plenty of those Half-Price Books copies. I paid $39.99 for it and it was worth it...can't get myself to pay $39.99 for a downloadable game though...(the sequel on Steam)

There is a Gold Edition on Steam as well which includes both games for the same price. That's the one you should consider...

[quote name='Trebuken']No the noew is King's Bounty Armored Princess and is download only ATM. A physical release has been hinted at for earlier 2010, according tto the publisher's website.

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/

I have seen plenty of those Half-Price Books copies. I paid $39.99 for it and it was worth it...can't get myself to pay $39.99 for a downloadable game though...(the sequel on Steam)

There is a Gold Edition on Steam as well which includes both games for the same price. That's the one you should consider...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right. I fucked up.

I ordered 5 copies of ghostbusters and I got free shipping. I think its over $70 for free shipping.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hell motherfuckin' NO!!! As soon as Sony/MS/Nintendo pull that shit, I stop gaming. I'm not paying for something I have zero resell rights to.

I prefer a physical copy.[/QUOTE]

When full games, like Bioshock, STALKER, Assassin's Creed, Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena, World in Conflict + Expansion, etc are offered for $5, and packs of games like Overlord 1 and 2 are offered for $8.75, I start to care much less about resell rights. Of course I don't think those kind of prices will ever be seen on a closed platform, where the platform holder is the distributor.

Its free shipping for over $60, found it on their twitter. I really wanted to get Qubed for ten but it comes out to 17 dollars now, still cheap but my backlog is too huge.

DO NOT BUY DOWNLOADS. THEIR POLICY IS WORSE THAN EA.COM's!!! You only get 30 days to download the game and it cost 3.95 for the extended download service and that only extends it for 2 years. Hell no. Do not buy their downloads. You've been warned.

[quote name='Reaperain']DO NOT BUY DOWNLOADS. THEIR POLICY IS WORSE THAN EA.COM's!!! You only get 30 days to download the game and it cost 3.95 for the extended download service and that only extends it for 2 years. Hell no. Do not buy their downloads. You've been warned.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you get a key for the NWN2 stuff so you can redownload as much as possible.

Sigh. I really want the Sacred 2 Collector's edition...but that DRM seems to be a royal pain in the ass. I don't want only 3 installs of a game I OWN. I like uninstalling a game for a while to make room on my drive and reinstalling later on. I'd get it through steam but its full price at $50...what a rip, when Atari themselves are selling the collector's edition for $20.

I also want Silverfall but the disc versions I guess have been sketchy at best, but again, Steam has all the fixes ready. I may get that if it goes on sale...

Gotta say though, have wanted to play Demonstone for a long long while now and $5 sounds like a great price for it.

[quote name='msdmoney']When full games, like Bioshock, STALKER, Assassin's Creed, Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena, World in Conflict + Expansion, etc are offered for $5, and packs of games like Overlord 1 and 2 are offered for $8.75, I start to care much less about resell rights. Of course I don't think those kind of prices will ever be seen on a closed platform, where the platform holder is the distributor.[/QUOTE]

All good points.

bread's done
Back