Atari the 50% off just about everything sale returns

bigsick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry if this is a repost, but i didn't see it posted. Atari is offering 50% off most of their stock at the atari website.

50_off_newsletter.jpg

http://www.atari.com/

Shipping is a pain in the ass. The Witcher Enhanced is still a pretty great deal, at ~$17 shipped. Absolutely incredible game.

While shipping is quite ludicrous, the PC download method seems to be something to look at for those who play, particularly the decent deal on Star Trek Online Deluxe Edition

Oh, I was just about to post this.
Ghostbusters for PS3 for 9.99 with 6.81 shipping?
Not bad...but anyone have a shipping code out there

i dont like the eds system they have sounds like they are charging you extra to keep downloading the games you purchase

yeah, shipping does kill it. I wanted to get Qubed for 360. Originally $20 minus the 50% = $10 + $7 shipping makes it a savings of only $3. Better off just paying that extra $3 at a store and having it instantly than saving $3 and having to wait for shipping.

I do wish shipping was cheaper. I would get Ghostbusters for the 360.

[quote name='emceelokey']yeah, shipping does kill it. I wanted to get Qubed for 360. Originally $20 minus the 50% = $10 + $7 shipping makes it a savings of only $3. Better off just paying that extra $3 at a store and having it instantly than saving $3 and having to wait for shipping.[/QUOTE]
I bought Qubed for $15 at Walmart (B&M), but YMMV.

This isn't bad as long as you are buying digital downloads, but they only allow you 30 days to download it unless you pay them 4 bucks, then they will keep it 2 years.....

I guess Steam is giving us a $4+ bonus with every game.

Its really annoying if you try to add a PC Download to your cart. It automatically applies a $4 Extended Download Service and when you add the promo it adds it back

[quote name='jputahraptor']Sucks the code doesn't work on more than 1 item in your cart because it would help to negate some of the shipping costs.[/QUOTE]

It applies to all eligible games in your cart.

I just ordered Ghostbusters and Qubed for 360. Thanks, OP, those were both high on my want list!

[quote name='Doctor Seleski']It applies to all eligible games in your cart.

I just ordered Ghostbusters and Qubed for 360. Thanks, OP, those were both high on my want list![/QUOTE]

that's wierd... i tried ghostbusters and chronicles of riddick (both are suppose to be ellibible) and only ghostbusters got 50% off... then i added qubed to cart and it took 50% off of qubed but still not chron of riddick

[quote name='poker360']that's wierd... i tried ghostbusters and chronicles of riddick (both are suppose to be ellibible) and only ghostbusters got 50% off... then i added qubed to cart and it took 50% off of qubed but still not chron of riddick[/QUOTE]

Same with me, I added Riddick and GB but it didn't take it off Riddick either. Even though they both say they qualify.

[quote name='skubish']Do they have any 2600s?[/QUOTE]

No but they did have the Flashback 2+ available but its been gone for a little while.

Anyone have a strong opinion on Atari's download service? If they're a "download the installer, keep said installer backed up somewhere" kind of place, then $10 for The Witcher could be a plan.

Anyone ever try the digital verison of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition? I'm curious if you get everything you would in the retail box. I assume the extra's are just in PDF format along with the other stuff?

Anyone do a digital order and not have the order process yet? I know I'm impatient but I'm accustomed to digital transactions going through pretty quickly.

*EDIT* Finally got it, patience it not one of my strengths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought the Witcher Enhanced for $17.42 (BOOOOO expensive shipping). For those worried about DRM it should have none; iirc they even removed the disc check in a patch if it's not already included!

$16.80 for Ghostbusters isn't bad. But with my big backlog and Soul Silver and God of War III coming soon, I have no reason to buy a game I don't have much interest in.

[quote name='mitch079']wouldn't mind picking up season 2 of sam & max on the wii when it comes out Tuesday at 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Better read the fine print... it isn't eligible.:whistle2:?

I decided to bite on disc copies of The Witcher Enhanced and Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 triple pack. Thanks OP. It's a good thing I waited on it last time, because Witcher went down in price since then

[quote name='mitch079']wouldn't mind picking up season 2 of sam & max on the wii when it comes out Tuesday at 50% off.[/QUOTE]

SAm and MAx 2 is excluded

[quote name='kklems']SAm and MAx 2 is excluded[/QUOTE]

I imagine it's on account of it not being on stock, as it isn't actually out for a few days, still.

I did the digital download for the witcher enhanced but I dont see the pdf strat guide, the map, soundtrack, or dev vidoes. I know the steam version offers these features, so I assumed this one would too. Any one had a similiar experience?

What's interesting is they have iPhone games listed, but when you try to buy them, they still aren't actually available. Also they only list 3 of their (now not available) iPhone games.

Anyone know of any of their download PC games that are good games and don't have high system requirements? I'd be running the games in Fusion on an Intel Mac mini, so I can't play games that use the latest and greatest graphics.

Atari can't get anything right.

I'm almost wondering if it'll work with S&M2... though $17 for something new is nice but I could see this as dropping fast. Hard part was finding it cheap for the first one, I had to resort to ordering online with all the coupon codes and only got it to 14 +tax.

Even though the disc check on The Witcher is removed you still have to connect and register/validate the game in order to install/patch it. Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone was wondering.

Be careful purchasing the digital version of The Witcher Enhanced Director's Cut. You won't get a digital version of any of the bonus content. Several people have brought this up on their forums with no resolve. I'm working with a forum mod right now to see if I can get some help. Email support was useless.

My 2 Xbox 360 games arrived today. No wonder it cost so much to ship... they arrived in a box that was way too large. At least they arrived quickly and safely.

Thanks again, OP.

Well, I got my shipment today. I totally didn't know Witcher Enchanced was basically a CE. I only knew was about all the tweaking they did to the actual game.

I don't suppose anyone has The Witcher guide and map that came with the digital edition of the director's cut? I'd love a copy since I was screwed out of mine by Atari. I'd be happy to provide my receipt via email as proof of purchase. I'm no pirate, I just want the stuff that was on the order page that I didn't get. Not sure what Atari's problem is as the digital versions on Steam and D2D included the bonus items. I'm so annoyed that they listed the items on the page but didn't provide them to me.

[quote name='Bruticis']Be careful purchasing the digital version of The Witcher Enhanced Director's Cut. You won't get a digital version of any of the bonus content. Several people have brought this up on their forums with no resolve. I'm working with a forum mod right now to see if I can get some help. Email support was useless.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bruticis']I don't suppose anyone has The Witcher guide and map that came with the digital edition of the director's cut? I'd love a copy since I was screwed out of mine by Atari. I'd be happy to provide my receipt via email as proof of purchase. I'm no pirate, I just want the stuff that was on the order page that I didn't get. Not sure what Atari's problem is as the digital versions on Steam and D2D included the bonus items. I'm so annoyed that they listed the items on the page but didn't provide them to me.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I don't know if this was there before, but if you go to
http://www.atari.com/games/witcher_enhanced
under downloads, the top link reads Witcher Bonus in English and links to
http://cdn.sciagnij.pl/bi.sciagnij.pl/0/2/English - US.zip
which is a crazy 1.18 GB download. There's a link to the soundtrack too. Hope this helps everyone who went with the digital copy.

bread's done
Back