Atelier Rorona LE Gamestop price drop $39.99

Chardyll

CAGiversary!
Gamestop price dropped Atelier Rorona down to $39.99 new today. The copies that GS carries are the LE that was exclusive to the retailer, comes in a larger box along with a hardcover art book. Game was so-so, but I figured this might interest a few of you out there, maybe with credit to burn. Price looks like it's B&M as well as gamestop.com

Website link: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78639

270664_LELG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great price for a great bundle, i got it for 50 bucks a few months back and love it. (And the Art Book is pretty awesome too, for obvious reasons)

Urgh. Already own the standard version, but seeing this with bids on ebay at $70+ (and completed as well), I went ahead and bit and will probably sell my standard version at a small loss. I'm weird like that, but at least I got it on Amazon when it was $35.

I loved this game ... can't wait for the sequel! In any case, great deal - if anyone is on the fence, it's totally worth it for the game and artbook.

Saw this at the BB I work at (still $60, pffffttt) and figured I might try and hunt it down cheaper. Before I pulled the trigger I did some reading up on it and I guess there is a lot of time constraints so sadly not for me.

[quote name='TraBuch']Every copy the Gamestop has is the LE? They don't sell a standard?[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. Only ones I ever saw that weren't the LE were used ones where the person just kept the LE contents.

I'm half and half on this, I LOVE artbooks but I'm not sure at $40. I've watched plenty of gameplay vids and I'm not completely sold. $30 is the magic price for me on this one, I believe.

I'm thinking about it just to resell later, maybe...

Shipping will be free I think but otherwise nothing I can really do to it's price right?

[quote name='chickenbutt']Thanks. Did the pickup at store thing. How long do they hold it for you?[/QUOTE]
Usually the online hold will work until closing the day AFTER you make the hold request.

I want this game, but I have spent quite a bit this month already... given all 3 stores near me still have it in stock "new" and it's still available online for shipping... I will hold out a bit longer and see if it doesn't just go down to 30

Bought...although Atelier Rorona is found everywhere..I thought the LE was exclusive to Gamestop only.. I don't want to wait and hesitate like I did with Trinity Universe and now that game is absurdly high in price, because of it's limited print run.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Anybody know for sure if that is the special edition?[/QUOTE]

They only sell the one edition.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Bought...although Atelier Rorona is found everywhere..I thought the LE was exclusive to Gamestop only.. I don't want to wait and hesitate like I did with Trinity Universe and now that game is absurdly high in price, because of it's limited print run.[/QUOTE]

Trinity universe $40 @ BB got it for free during their B2G1 goin this week been in 5 different BB's from DE/PA/NJ & most of them had it in stock. BB inventory system sucks games not listed new in stock won't show online but will b plentiful in several stores.

Does Gamestop usually use bubble mailers or boxes for shipping individual games? I'd like to just order online, but I'm concerned if they use a bubble mailer that the outer box on this set will be absolutely destroyed.

......Wow, guess who's stupid for purchasing it at $54? :cry: I know I won't be buying Hyderdimension Neptunia until a price drop now....

To answer airjumpman, my copy arrived pretty nicely packaged when I bought it a few months ago. The only thing that can possibly happen to the outer box is dinged corners, but shelf wear will happen if you leave it somewhere for a long time anyway. Otherwise, the box is in perfect condition

[quote name='NolbertoS']Bought...although Atelier Rorona is found everywhere..I thought the LE was exclusive to Gamestop only.. I don't want to wait and hesitate like I did with Trinity Universe and now that game is absurdly high in price, because of it's limited print run.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Trinity Universe for $24 shipped (used in perfect condition) from gohastings.com last month ;)

I've had my eyes on this game for awhile, but there are about 5-6 good RPGs coming out in the next few months, so I'll wait.

I think $30 is the magic price for me too.

I know my local store still has a copy, but with the 50% off a pre-owned game deal I might as well get it through the site instead. Speaking of price drops, maybe my eyes were decieving me when I was last at GS, but was the Gran Turismo 5 CE dropped down to $80?

Is it? It seems to be going retail on ebay ($59.99).

Hmmm, I saw a sealed copy of this(Atelier Rorona) at a local GS. Might go get it.

Is the combat fun? I heard the story was creepy(in a good way?) and weird and the IGN review said that might make it worth the purchase alone.

GT5 CE is dropped to $60 in BB and even sweeter if you can score one with B2G1 free promo. Thanks OP, I think I'm going to get one, it's on my list since last year... Hmmm, don't know what to get for the 50% used game.

Neptunia is $60 shipped, so if it drops to $40, then I'm paying $20 for a deck of cards :lol: You can't save much if you're deep in this hobby...

If only their return period was 90 days instead of a pitiful thirty, bought mine for $60 back in november. Can't blame anyone for jumping the gun on an NIS game.

I think I'll bite... at $40, it's not that bad of a price for a NISA CE.

[quote name='Serpentor']GT5 CE is dropped to $60 in BB and even sweeter if you can score one with B2G1 free promo. Thanks OP, I think I'm going to get one, it's on my list since last year... Hmmm, don't know what to get for the 50% used game.

Neptunia is $60 shipped, so if it drops to $40, then I'm paying $20 for a deck of cards :lol: You can't save much if you're deep in this hobby...[/QUOTE]

I wish I could have found a GT5 CE... but my BB had none. I get the feeling that my BB always takes clearance games to the back for a few days and then brings them back to the shelves later on.

[quote name='Vinny']I think I'll bite... at $40, it's not that bad of a price for a NISA CE.

I wish I could have found a GT5 CE... but my BB had none. I get the feeling that my BB always takes clearance games to the back for a few days and then brings them back to the shelves later on.[/QUOTE]

Eh, Sony CE's never last long since they don't reprint or make any after the first batch.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Is it? It seems to be going retail on ebay ($59.99).

Hmmm, I saw a sealed copy of this(Atelier Rorona) at a local GS. Might go get it.

Is the combat fun? I heard the story was creepy(in a good way?) and weird and the IGN review said that might make it worth the purchase alone.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for the combat, but from the impressions that I've read on NeoGAF, people have said that it's one of the most relaxing games that they've ever played.

[quote name='Flikman24']Is this game part of the atelier iris series? Do i need to have played those games to comprehend whats going on in this one?[/QUOTE]

No. This is a stand alone story. Although it has a Japan only (for right now) sequel, called Atelier Totori.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']
Is the combat fun? I heard the story was creepy(in a good way?) and weird and the IGN review said that might make it worth the purchase alone.[/QUOTE]

Combat is not fun, as it's definitely not the focus of the game. Very basic, but it works.

Story is not creepy at all, although her "Master" is a bit perverted. Typical anime story with crazy characters and comedic events. Enjoyable, but not "oh my god must play and then go home and write fan fiction."

Edit: Both those sound pretty negative so I'll add this: I am thoroughly enjoying the game.

[quote name='Enuf']Trinity universe $40 @ BB got it for free during their B2G1 goin this week been in 5 different BB's from DE/PA/NJ & most of them had it in stock. BB inventory system sucks games not listed new in stock won't show online but will b plentiful in several stores.[/QUOTE]

The GS online store inventory search sucks and is wrong most of the time i've found. Stores that should have had games in stock (according to the website) have been out of stock. Call first or try to submit a hold online before wasting the time going to the store expecting it to be there. Even their in store computer inventory system can be wrong if stock is particularly low.

[quote name='Flikman24']Is this game part of the atelier iris series? Do i need to have played those games to comprehend whats going on in this one?[/QUOTE]

It's part of the same overreaching Atelier series, and there are very subtle references to other games in the series. Though you need no prior knowledge to play it.

I want this game but i think 40 is still too much. Plus it's at a ton of gamestops around me still so i don't see it selling out or anything like that.

[quote name='airjumpman']Does Gamestop usually use bubble mailers or boxes for shipping individual games? I'd like to just order online, but I'm concerned if they use a bubble mailer that the outer box on this set will be absolutely destroyed.[/QUOTE]
They won't be able to use a bubble mailer on this game. The outerbox is freakin' huge, it's probably just a little smaller than the BioShock 2 SE as a size comparison.

If you buy in-store, you probably get the gutted game with a butchered outerbox, or worst, just the game itself.

I bought mine online months ago and they shipped it in a box with a loose layer of bubble wrapper. It arrived in perfect condition. The only least happy thing about it is that it has dropped by $20 since :whistle2:#

[quote name='StarOcean']anyone know if i buy it online, will it be factory sealed?[/QUOTE]
99.9% of the time, yes.

All over this. Thanks OP. Now if only I realized about the "buy a new get a used 50% off" before I was over anxious and went to check out...

[quote name='herczakt']All over this. Thanks OP. Now if only I realized about the "buy a new get a used 50% off" before I was over anxious and went to check out...[/QUOTE]

90% of used is all sold out now anyways so you didn't miss anything

Heh, just so people aren't surprised. I got my copy today in a BUBBLE MAILER, side of the box was bent down and creased. Last time I order from Gamestop as they can't do shit right.

I bit on this in store, i'm a sucker for extras.

btw, actually had a good experience with the staff at GS. I traded in some stuff, and the clerk told me to just pick up a $.99 ps2 trash game to get the bonus in the tradeins. the extra paid off atelier and left me with some left over. some people in this world are nice!

[quote name='Darrith']Heh, just so people aren't surprised. I got my copy today in a BUBBLE MAILER, side of the box was bent down and creased. Last time I order from Gamestop as they can't do shit right.[/QUOTE]

Oh fuck... it's being delivered by UPS too. They have the absolute worst package handling of any company (yes, even USPS). Had I known this, I would have pass and tried my luck in store.:bomb:

[quote name='Darrith']Heh, just so people aren't surprised. I got my copy today in a BUBBLE MAILER, side of the box was bent down and creased. Last time I order from Gamestop as they can't do shit right.[/QUOTE]

I bought one last week and had the same problem. The right side of the box is bent down and creased.

Edit - Exchanged it for a sealed copy at GS and employee credited me the $10 difference because of the price drop even though it was past the 7 day return period. :)

I got mine months earlier for $50 after coupon and they shipped it in a rigid box. Maybe a karma to pay $10 more back then to get a mint copy, rather than to get a beaten up copy for $10 less now.

[quote name='Kaelestis']Edit - Exchanged it for a sealed copy at GS and employee credited me the $10 difference because of the price drop even though it was past the 7 day return period. :)[/QUOTE]
Isn't the return period for new item 30 day?

People who have gotten theirs shipped in a bubble mailer should complain to GS. A video game retailer should have known better to ship CE/LE stuff in a box. Enough complaints may get them to visit the shipping dept and kick some ass, and to re-educate themselves to do better on future CE/LE shipments. Maybe just a wishful thinking.

Yeah, sorry it's 30. I'm too accustomed to having to return crappy used games from online. Anyway, when I ordered mine it was shipped in a decent sized box but was still creased a fair bit so even if they don't use a bubble mailer you may get a damaged LE. Overall though, I have pretty good luck with buying new items from GS online.

[quote name='herczakt']All over this. Thanks OP. Now if only I realized about the "buy a new get a used 50% off" before I was over anxious and went to check out...[/QUOTE]

Same here :cry:

bread's done
Back