Atelier Rorona LE Gamestop price drop $39.99

Chardyll

CAGiversary!
Gamestop price dropped Atelier Rorona down to $39.99 new today. The copies that GS carries are the LE that was exclusive to the retailer, comes in a larger box along with a hardcover art book. Game was so-so, but I figured this might interest a few of you out there, maybe with credit to burn. Price looks like it's B&M as well as gamestop.com

Website link: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78639

270664_LELG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this wont drop in price any lower.

if it does, itll be after theyre all gone.

is nis even producing these LEs anymore?

every gamestop i goto just has the game(besides the one i just got rorona LE for $40).

i remember when people thought mario allstars and dragon quest V would drop in price.

lol.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']i remember when people thought mario allstars and dragon quest V would drop in price.

lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm still annoyed by DQV, I bought like 5 SE DS games for $40 only to see them drop in price fairly quickly, so I finally said screw it and decided to wait for a price drop on the next DS game they put out, of course it ended up being DQV.

I'm not even into this game and doubt I would play it, but something tells me I should pick it up for 'rarity' (?) and exclusivity. A lot of locations in H-town still appear to have it, so might wait a week or so..

Picked up my copy today, was able to get a sealed one in store. This is the first PS3 game I've bought, can't wait to play it. My PS3 off Amazon Warehouse Deals should be here end of the week.

UPS delivered my copy today, and it arrived in perfect condition. Game was wrapped in thick bubble wrap and placed inside a 3x10x12 cardboard box. I used the free shipping option and it was shipped from Gamestop's distro center in Louisville KY to my home in VA. So just wanted to let folks know that at least *some* people at Gamestop care about packaging :)

[quote name='floatpoo']UPS delivered my copy today, and it arrived in perfect condition. Game was wrapped in thick bubble wrap and placed inside a 3x10x12 cardboard box. I used the free shipping option and it was shipped from Gamestop's distro center in Louisville KY to my home in VA. So just wanted to let folks know that at least *some* people at Gamestop care about packaging :)[/QUOTE]

Heh, and mine arrived yesterday in a bubble mailer, causing several corners of the box to get crunched. Luckily, I was able to swap it for a mint-condition copy at my local GameStop today.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Heh, and mine arrived yesterday in a bubble mailer, causing several corners of the box to get crunched. Luckily, I was able to swap it for a mint-condition copy at my local GameStop today.[/QUOTE]

From the same distro center? If so, guess I seriously lucked out then. Glad you were able to get it swapped.

Ummz...I feel bad for posting this, but I have no way of knowing if I'm actually going to enjoy this game (don't really know what this game is about). From the reviews I've read it appears to be some type of resource management type game with light battle gameplay. Does the game have an over arching storyline to it? or is it more of a giant filler episode?

I just opened my box a little while ago. Really nice package, and the artbook is very, very nice. Can't wait to play.

[quote name='dejeckt']Ummz...I feel bad for posting this, but I have no way of knowing if I'm actually going to enjoy this game (don't really know what this game is about). From the reviews I've read it appears to be some type of resource management type game with light battle gameplay. Does the game have an over arching storyline to it? or is it more of a giant filler episode?[/QUOTE]

I rented it from gamefly a while ago and I would say the reviews are right, the game isn't that great.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Is this a game you need to play the prequels to before playing?[/QUOTE]

No , but you may miss some references.

[quote name='Firecrest']My copy also arrived unscathed in a box. Glad to be among the lucky, I guess.[/QUOTE]Mine too. Gamestop did alright for once. I am quite shocked.

[quote name='dejeckt']Ummz...I feel bad for posting this, but I have no way of knowing if I'm actually going to enjoy this game (don't really know what this game is about). From the reviews I've read it appears to be some type of resource management type game with light battle gameplay. Does the game have an over arching storyline to it? or is it more of a giant filler episode?[/QUOTE]
It's not about saving the world, you're running an item shop in a town. If you've heard of Recettear which was released on Steam last year, it's pretty much like that. Harvest Moon & Rune Factory would be other comparisons 9in a way)

I for one am grabbing one asap, I gamefly'd it for about a week and really enjoyed myself :3

I love a good turn based rpg battle system, it's a relaxing change of pace from the usual grind nowadays. Plus it's NIS, so it's a two for one special for me :D

Definitely glad I didn't buy it off GF for the same price, doubt I would've gotten an artbook out of it ^^;

[quote name='Drclaw411']people are going to masturbate to this book :/[/QUOTE]

Going to? They haven't already? What are they waiting for, the loli's to turn 18?

Very meh game, worth buying if you want to keep a sealed copy, but if you want to play, your honestly better off GameFlying it and seeing if you like it. I did and other then the clearly shoehorned combat, I didn't find much reason to keep playing, as the whole game is built around you gathering stuff to make stuff for other people. Even that was somewhat cumbersome IMHO, because of the fee you get hit with every time you take a party member or two out of town.

I know there's some huge fans of NIS here, but it was a complete snooze for me. Still better then the typical Idea Factory shitfest that they love bringing over every 3 months.

[quote name='proKoyeon']went ready to buy this for 39, but for some reason it was 29 at my gamestop - sugar land tx - thanks for the post op[/QUOTE]

Dang, you got my hopes up.

Still $40 at my stores T___T

[quote name='eldergamer']I like the Atelier games on the :ps2: but does this game have any story at all?[/QUOTE]

If... doing fetch quests repeatedly while preventing your atelier from shutting down is a story, then yeah.

But no, you play Atelier games for the alchemy/crafting, not the story. This one has less of one than the :ps2: games for sure.

BTW, thanks for this thread OP. I went ahead and bought this game and my friend and I really love it. It's the kind of game that's right up my alley, what with the collection and crafting, and the social sim aspects, and some RPG combat. The moeblob stuff is creepy, but thankfully it's ignorable.

I picked up the last copy at my local GS last week. Thankfully the guy knew what I was talking about when I asked about the game since I can't pronounce the name lol. I haven't opened it yet, but the series and the game always intrigued me.

I was a little skeptical picking this up as I haven't played any other in the series, or any NIS games at all for that matter, but I like this game a lot. Almost disturbingly so. The time limit aspect of the game is a big positive for me as it actually pushes you forward and keeps you from wasting time massing tons of stuff that you don't need.

[quote name='croqoa']I was a little skeptical picking this up as I haven't played any other in the series, or any NIS games at all for that matter, but I like this game a lot. Almost disturbingly so. The time limit aspect of the game is a big positive for me as it actually pushes you forward and keeps you from wasting time massing tons of stuff that you don't need.[/QUOTE]

We need more of these types of games on the PS3...
Atelier Rorona was the first Atelier game I've ever beaten.

IS teh game that when you fight makes those fart like noises?.How good is this game can someoen tell me if it's worth 40 or not :D.

Gamestop still has these, FYI. YMMV of course but my wife picked me up one today at GS for $39.99. Was in a box with a few.

[quote name='CGlade']Gamestop still has these, FYI. YMMV of course but my wife picked me up one today at GS for $39.99. Was in a box with a few.[/QUOTE]

Should always ask at counter if you want LE or CE's. One of my Gamestops puts them under locked cabinet so no idea how they'd ever sell if no one knows about them.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Should always ask at counter if you want LE or CE's. One of my Gamestops puts them under locked cabinet so no idea how they'd ever sell if no one knows about them.[/QUOTE]

Very true; example...yesterday I picked up Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker LE for 29.99 after randomly asking if they had it.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Very true; example...yesterday I picked up Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker LE for 29.99 after randomly asking if they had it.[/QUOTE]
That's a nice deal. Was it just recently?

[quote name='eau']That's a nice deal. Was it just recently?[/QUOTE]

It dropped to that price about a month ago, so fairly recent.

bread's done
Back