Atelier Rorona/Totori 19.99 used 21.49 new 29.99 premium edition at gamestop

johnoralex

CAGiversary!
I was in local gamestop yesterday and I noticed that the price of atelier rorona and totori has dropped. As the title says it is 19.99 for used copies, 21.49 for new copies, and 29.99 for the special edition. Unfortunantly everything is sold out online, but you can check out which stores have this in stock from gamestops website.

Here is the link atelier rorona -

gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+rorona

here is the link for atelier totori -

gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+totori

Edit: links don't work and will not work, copy and paste in your browser. Thanks for the heads up whitereflection and wetrix!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm glad I picked up Totori at $40 because there aren't any Gamestop's remotely close to me that have it anymore. Fortunately I also got it sealed.

Yeah I noticed that about the Rorona on the website. I can't tell you what you will get for Rorona until you are there but I got a used premium box with a copy of a new Rorona game inside. There was a $39.99 sticker on mine underneath the cheaper sticker so perhaps these were really new games that were converted to used?

I am gonna bet its the premium though, unless you picked a used copy, since i didn't see any non-LE's at my store for Rorona. Also you have to look on the very top shelf for Rorona and Totori as they are not alphabatized with the normal games. Rorona also has a "gamestop exclusive" sticker on it, but that will be on the game which is inside the package and that is removable. One more thing, the package opens from the side.

It seems that the only listing GS has for Rorona is the premium box, while for Totori they have a separate listing for the premium box and regular editions.

Had reserve the Totori SE @ gamestop, so I went to pick it up they couldn't find it. They had the guts of it and they tried to pass off the normal version as if it was the SE and i told that it wasn't the SE because it comes with art book and soundtrack. They ran around looking for it in the back for about 10 min. Then the employee called her supervisor and said that the difference was that it came with dlc. At that point I was like WTF ?!? I just left. I just can't stand the ineptitude of GameStop sometimes.

I was able to find an unopened Rorona right away. I went to another GameStop to pickup Totori, but all they had was an opened copy. The GameStop employee went out of his way to call other nearby GameStop's to see if they had a sealed copy, but they all said no. I still wanted Totori so I was going to just buy the opened one, but the artwork was very beat up. So, the GameStop employee called around to see if the other opened copies were in better condition. It turns out, when he called back to ask about their condition, one of the other stores did have a sealed copy. After a short drive to the next town, I was able to grab a sealed copy of Totori as well. This was probably the best experience I've had at a GameStop, and I didn't even ask for help.

Oh hell yes! Just got back from gamestop. Found Rorona Special Edition new and factory sealed for $21!!! So keep trying cags, there are some non-gutted copies out there.

Will wait until Totori Special Edition is $25 or less since I scored the 1st one.

[quote name='johnoralex']I was in local gamestop yesterday and I noticed that the price of atelier rorona and totori has dropped. As the title says it is 19.99 for used copies, 21.49 for new copies, and 29.99 for the special edition. Unfortunantly everything is sold out online, but you can check out which stores have this in stock from gamestops website.

Here is the link atelier rorona -

gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+rorona

here is the link for atelier totori -

gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+totori

Edit: links don't work and will not work, copy and paste in your browser. Thanks for the heads up whitereflection and wetrix![/QUOTE]

Found one new (well, Gamestop "new") copy of Totori in my city, so decided to pick it up. I hated the PS2 Atelier game I tried, but I thought I'd give the series another go even though I'm not really digging the art style.

I also found a sealed copy of Rorona today, completely oblivious to the series or this post for that matter. It was hiding high up on a shelf, nearly obscured by the piles of unwanted Tekken Hybrid CE's. Its nearly square box and odd 21.49 tag caught my attention immediately, and the high asking price from Amazon didn't hurt either.

Called the only GameStop in the area that had it, tried passing off a gutted copy as a new limited edition. Really wanted this to compliment my rorona le, guess I'll have to pay 70 for that to happen.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Yea I was gonna ask him if his name happened to be Biff.[/QUOTE]

You guys realize that Meruru has been out in Japan for a while, right?

Ended up buying the sealed copy of Totori LE at my local Gamestop today. I had been thinking about it for a while but figured its a pretty good deal at 30. I unfortunately can't find a close enough copy of Rorona to complete my collection (I have Meruru pre ordered at the NISA online store). Great deal though.

[quote name='pkujulo']Does anyone know how long these games are going to stay at this price?[/QUOTE]
Not sure. When CE's used to drop, Gamestop would clear them out and convert them to used (Bioshock 2, Dead space 2, etc). Lately, they've been dropping prices but then re-raising them like the Final Fantasy xiii-2 ce which is back to $79. Seems like it has been a mixed bag. Not sure what their official policy is.

By the way, are you guys opening your sealed Rorona special editions? I'm hesitant to open mine because it seems like they are getting to be really rare.

Grabbed Totori today. Unfortunately it was a "new" opened version =/. Off to the other gamestop for Rorona tomorrow.

Another bad GameStop experience. Used the inshore pickup option for a GameStop that was 25-30 miles away as it was the only one with Atelier Totori PE around here. Went over there and the clerk tried to give me the standard edition. I said the version I asked for had a large premium box in which the clerk had no idea what I was talking about. Another worker came out and told me that another worker had already taken the premium packaging. I was then bombarded with a ton of different requests for reservations for Assassin's Creed and a bunch of other games until they saw that a new Atelier game was coming out in their computers and that I'd definitely get the PE of the new game if I peordered it. I told them I wasn't going to preorder it from them because I had to drive 30 miles to get there.

Anyway, I bought the regular edition which was gutted, but I didn't want to waste my Saturday. Went home to check if there were any GameStops nearby that had the regular edition in stock and it listed about 10 stores there was closer than the one I went to.

They apologized, but it isn't sincere at all when they keep pestering me to reserve stuff.

Some advice to my fellow CAGS, depending on your PS3 model you will have freezing when playing Rorona. I played and beat the game fine on my FAT BWC PS3 when I got this game on release and now I'm going back to plat the game on my new PS3 Slim and its freezing every few hours. I would save often when playing Rorona since this game does not have an auto save function.

Side note, had no freezing with Totori but then again I played that on my older PS3. I'm just going to plat Rorona using my old PS3 because redoing hours of the game after 3 freezes is sucking the fun out of it.

[quote name='Dabears34']Some advice to my fellow CAGS, depending on your PS3 model you will have freezing when playing Rorona. I played and beat the game fine on my FAT BWC PS3 when I got this game on release and now I'm going back to plat the game on my new PS3 Slim and its freezing every few hours. I would save often when playing Rorona since this game does not have an auto save function.

Side note, had no freezing with Totori but then again I played that on my older PS3. I'm just going to plat Rorona using my old PS3 because redoing hours of the game after 3 freezes is sucking the fun out of it.[/QUOTE]

It might be your new PS3. I've played through Rorona and like half way through Totori on a slim model and experienced zero freezes or glitches, often playing 2 to 3 hours at a time.

[quote name='pkujulo']Does anyone know how long these games are going to stay at this price?[/QUOTE]

These are not listed on the deals page so it is possible they are permanent. However, gamestop has been known to raise prices on certain games out of nowhere. I can imagine these dropped in price because part 3 is coming out next month. However, I would be more worried about these selling out than going back up in price. They all had a limited print and NIS America is not really known for doing reprints (except for their flagship title disgaea).

Headed down to my local when I get out of work today, I'd seen them on the shelves there but never really looked at them seriously. After researching them a bit they seem like neat little titles.

Are people still seeing Rorona in stores? I can't find the special edition on the website so I'm wondering they still carry it. I should have no trouble finding Totori though

These games are going up in value on ebay really fast so I suggest you guys get your copies now while you can. They may become flipper material eventually which will mean they will sell out. Especially if you can find a sealed and not gutted premium edition of Totori.

Big thanks to the OP. A local Gamestop had the LEs of both and a regular Totori copy, but all gutted. Got the LEs. I haven't played these games so I figure it's worth it to give them a try considering if they suck ass, I can always sell to a CAG or put it up on Amazon for more than I paid. :lol:

Just got my Atelier Rorona Limited Edition for $21.49. It is gutted, but it does not matter since I plan to open it anyway. Very nice hardcover artbook in the box.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Are you from the future?[/QUOTE]

i have played the japanese version last year, you can even look at my psn profie, same as CAG. I stopped playing it cause it was terrible Right now I am waiting for the new one that's coming out in two months Arshe's Atelier. On a related note, Ciel Nosurge is also crap...it's Tamagochi w/ a girl pretty much

Was able to get a sealed Rorona LE for 21 bucks, and its an actual sealed copy which was surprising...im very happy with it.

On the note of Atelier games though, i wish theyd get back to the Iris series.

[quote name='SaraAB']These games are going up in value on ebay really fast so I suggest you guys get your copies now while you can. They may become flipper material eventually which will mean they will sell out. Especially if you can find a sealed and not gutted premium edition of Totori.[/QUOTE]

They are still available on the NIS shop, and the reason why Rorona limited is so rare is because it was a gamestop exclusive. I am not disagreeing with you about this just wanted to point out they are available.
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Atelier-Totori-PS3-Premium-Set

Yay. I had a fun time today. If anyone is in Queens, NY stay away from the Bay Terrace and College Point locations.

I went to the Bay Terrace location to pick up both Rorona and Totori. Totori was no problem but Rorona was in a beat up box. Okay, I get it to my car and look inside and guess what? Inside the Rorona box is a gutted copy of Totori with fingerprints on the disc. Book was mint. Excellent. I take it back in and they gave me a refund. No problem.

I mosey on down to the College Point location and they have one last copy of it as well. The guy takes it out from behind the glass and I tell him "Please open the box in front of me so I can see the game before I buy it." The guy opens it and lo and behold, the box has no game. The book is in there, though. I know where the game is just like you guys know. Some a-hole employee has it.

I got one more location to check tomorrow. I'll be asking them to open it for me as well.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Was able to get a sealed Rorona LE for 21 bucks, and its an actual sealed copy which was surprising...im very happy with it.

On the note of Atelier games though, i wish theyd get back to the Iris series.[/QUOTE]
Same just happened to me. I was surprised they rang it up 21$ without any qustion since it had a 29.99 sticker on it.

I wish the Totori copy I found was the LE version. =[

I managed to pick up a 19.99$ brawlpad though. For those who are interested and want one. The artwork is hideous, but I don't mind since I'm gutting it for the PCB.

Found a Rorona LE sealed and only a regular Totori sealed.
Either way, great time to get into the series with the new one on its way!

Wow, I still could not find a sealed Totori Premium after a second day. Looks like I only scored a single, sealed Rorona special edition after two days of looking.

Made a nice bit of credit at best buy and gamestop after the disney universe trades though.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Yay. I had a fun time today. If anyone is in Queens, NY stay away from the Bay Terrace and College Point locations.

I went to the Bay Terrace location to pick up both Rorona and Totori. Totori was no problem but Rorona was in a beat up box. Okay, I get it to my car and look inside and guess what? Inside the Rorona box is a gutted copy of Totori with fingerprints on the disc. Book was mint. Excellent. I take it back in and they gave me a refund. No problem.

I mosey on down to the College Point location and they have one last copy of it as well. The guy takes it out from behind the glass and I tell him "Please open the box in front of me so I can see the game before I buy it." The guy opens it and lo and behold, the box has no game. The book is in there, though. I know where the game is just like you guys know. Some a-hole employee has it.

I got one more location to check tomorrow. I'll be asking them to open it for me as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel sorry for the person who is gonna get stuck with a new rorona box and a used rorona game because a gamestop employee gave me the new copy of rorona but the box said used. Of course I may just go back and get that one too if they can find the game then put them together as they are supposed to be, especially if my friend who lives out of country requests that I buy it for him. The used game was nowhere to be found. This store knows me well so they might call me back when they find the mistake, but they are probably assuming I have opened the game and started playing it so maybe not.

My Gamestop has the collector's($30.00. something is telling me to buy this one) and regular edition in store, they are holding the regular edition for me. I am impulse buying this.

Well, I got my copy of Rorona. It was a gutted copy but the disc is fine and the book is mint. Oh well. Ya win some,, ya lose some. All other gamestops are too far away for me to be bothered to check. Hope this game is good

bread's done
Back