Atelier Totori - Regular Edition New @ Gohastings for $24~

croqoa

CAGiversary!
Looks to be roughly the same price buying on their website directly:

http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Atelier-Totori-The-Adventurer-of-Arland/sku/285192730.uts#

Or buying through their Ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ps3-Atelier...0800?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c2a36add0

The website worked out to $24.27 after shipping and Ebay is $23.98 (with the small benefit of Ebay bucks from the purchase).

I think this is the cheapest I have ever seen this game listed. It's definitely not a game for everyone but out of the trilogy this one had the best story and main character in my opinion, and was a very solid upgrade over Rorona. I thought Meruru's gameplay was superior to both but the main character was the worst in that one.

I got a used one for 19.99 at GS if you can find it. I am playing rorona now and its very good so I assume the rest of the series is going to be even better.

Somebody wanna give me the low-down on this series? Basic gist of the gameplay and goods/bads? I'll probably end up throwing it on the backlog, but I'm interested in the Atelier series at the moment and ~$20 each for the first two titles doesn't seem too steep.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Somebody wanna give me the low-down on this series? Basic gist of the gameplay and goods/bads? I'll probably end up throwing it on the backlog, but I'm interested in the Atelier series at the moment and ~$20 each for the first two titles doesn't seem too steep.[/QUOTE]

Just watch the first few hours (obviously skipping around) and you should get the gist of it. Story and gameplay is nothing spectacular. I bought them just cause I'm a Jrpg collector.

@Mr.Hoe They're aren't that rare, it's just that jrpgs are just far and few in America now.

They cancelled my order due to "availability issues". As per fucking usual

Gohastings has the fucking worst inventory system ever

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Just watch the first few hours (obviously skipping around) and you should get the gist of it. Story and gameplay is nothing spectacular. I bought them just cause I'm a Jrpg collector.
[/QUOTE]

I've actually started collecting jrpgs recently as well, at least the PS3 library. I'll have to check out some videos when I get home, I'm on vacation and loading up a 7 minute where I am is quite a task. :/

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Just watch the first few hours (obviously skipping around) and you should get the gist of it. Story and gameplay is nothing spectacular. I bought them just cause I'm a Jrpg collector.
[/QUOTE]

Same here. The series gets better from Rorona to Totori to Meruru. All are decent if you like JRPGs but nothing truly remarkable. They will drop further in price if you wait.

[quote name='scarhawk']They cancelled my order due to "availability issues". As per fucking usual

Gohastings has the fucking worst inventory system ever[/QUOTE]

This.

Can't tell you how many times I've ordered something.., straight up just didn't even get my item and check back with them and have them apologize and cancel it due to unavailablilty. It's less of a store and more like Ray Charles fumbling through a dank and crusty basement and feeling around to see if he has said game In stock only to troll your ass when you inquire after not hearing from him after your purchase. He then proceeds to ship the same game out to your neighbor who made a purchase 3 hours after you did and didn't give him any problems at all which then causes your neighbor to think you're crazy and proudly supports his fine store. You start to recoil from society and only coming out a few times a year for necessities like paying for your vehicle license plate if you forgot to mail them a check. RayCharlesgames.com will always have your balls in a vice mentally at least and they know this. They then proceed to spamfuck your email with amazing offers that say," BIG SUMMER SAVINGS!" but subliminally it's ," DON'T BOTHER LOOKING UP THE GAME YOU WANT BECAUSE CHANCES ARE SOMEONE IN CALIFORNIA GOT IT WAY BEFORE YOU AND WE ONLY HAD 3 IN STOCK LOL".

In short...gohastings can suck my gooch. I've had nothing but the absolute worst customer service from them, if they aren't doing that, they're making me jump through so many hoops to get a charge taken off of my credit card.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Are these games rare or what's so special about this game?[/QUOTE]

They aren't necessarily "rare" right now, but I am 100% confident they will be very soon. GameStop is about the only B&M you'll find them in, (if you are lucky) and they almost always, have only one copy, so it is already opened.

As for the Limited/Collector's Editions, those are rare. Especially Meruru, as it was limited to the NIS online store only. In a few years, or at least after this gen is over, I am betting they will double in value at the very least.

As far as playing them, I agree with the poster above. They get better with each entry in the series. If you like JRPG's at all, you should play them.

Rorona is fairly poor, in my opinion. It's their first 3D game and you can tell the leap really took it's toll on them at first.

Totori and Meruru are all polish though. The quality of the game depends on your tastes, I love them, they're alchemy/synthesis focused RPGs with a lot of small form exploration, gathering and time management in some cases. They're not big, epic globetrotting types, no world saving.

Gust's Atelier team has become crazy good though, they're making some of the most polished and aesthetically appealing games on the PS3, running at full 720p and with 4x MSAA on a yearly basis. That's really impressive for such a small studio, it makes you think when Square Enix has such poor production.

Ok, I will admit the Rorona game is a bit repetitive but for a $20 RPG its keeping me going.

I haven't played the others so i have no opinion on them.

Basically what you do in the game is you are an alchemist and you have to make stuff like cannons and potions for the townsfolk. This one guy gives you an assignment and you have to go out and gather the items and synthesize what he asks for, there are varying degrees of this, there is a time limit on each assignment but it does not hinder the game at all and I have completed 8 assignments and have not run out of time yet. This comes from a person who thinks the time limit in Pikmin 1 killed the whole game, so trust me this is not a problem at all here. If there wasn't a time limit on this game, then well there wouldn't be too much to the game at all! Other than synthesis there is item gathering, where you have to fight turn based battles against enemies and gather items along the way, new areas open up as you progress in the game.

I don't want to get into too much detail because that would spoil it for those that didn't play yet, hence the very general description.

The game is a lot like rune factory, especially the item gathering part, except you don't actually farm anything.

There are also Atelier games on the PS2, they can be had at GS for around $10 a pop, but they are hard to find. I found the second one at a location near me, so look around.

Both of the games are worth more than $20 each on ebay at any given time, if worse comes to worse and you hate the game and you buy it at GS you can easily make your money back by selling it on ebay.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']I managed to pick up a sealed LE copy of rorona at GS today. I left with a great big :) on my face[/QUOTE]

Hot damn! How much did that run you? $21.49 like the regular edition?

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Hot damn! How much did that run you? $21.49 like the regular edition?[/QUOTE]

$23.26 with tax included,now to hunt down the meruru LE

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']$23.26 with tax included,now to hunt down the meruru LE[/QUOTE]

Awesome deal. Meruru will be an expensive one though. The LE was released only through NISA's online store, so eBay is the only place you'll likely find it.

Good luck!

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']$23.26 with tax included,now to hunt down the meruru LE[/QUOTE]

Man your post helped me out. I was able to track LE's for both Rorona and Totori at GS in my area. Very pleased. :bouncy: Thanks!

[quote name='Gators300']Awesome deal. Meruru will be an expensive one though. The LE was released only through NISA's online store, so eBay is the only place you'll likely find it.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

I still have mine sealed. I need to get a used regular copy to play.

[quote name='headbanger1186']This.

Can't tell you how many times I've ordered something.., straight up just didn't even get my item and check back with them and have them apologize and cancel it due to unavailablilty. It's less of a store and more like Ray Charles fumbling through a dank and crusty basement and feeling around to see if he has said game In stock only to troll your ass when you inquire after not hearing from him after your purchase. He then proceeds to ship the same game out to your neighbor who made a purchase 3 hours after you did and didn't give him any problems at all which then causes your neighbor to think you're crazy and proudly supports his fine store. You start to recoil from society and only coming out a few times a year for necessities like paying for your vehicle license plate if you forgot to mail them a check. RayCharlesgames.com will always have your balls in a vice mentally at least and they know this. They then proceed to spamfuck your email with amazing offers that say," BIG SUMMER SAVINGS!" but subliminally it's ," DON'T BOTHER LOOKING UP THE GAME YOU WANT BECAUSE CHANCES ARE SOMEONE IN CALIFORNIA GOT IT WAY BEFORE YOU AND WE ONLY HAD 3 IN STOCK LOL". [/QUOTE]

I thought this post was going to end with something like "If you don't want to go to your own funeral as a guy named phil shifley, stop shopping at gohastings"

First time I've ever purchased from this site. Placed a order for this game and got a Atelier Rotona instead of the Totori. I can understand getting the Atelier title mixed up, but there are obvious ways to double check the item. The barcode don't line up with what I placed the order as and I ordered a new game, not a used game like what they sent me. I'll try contacting customer service tomorrow.

bread's done
Back