ATI Radeon HD 2600 Clearance at BestBuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdv2000

CAG Veteran
Feedback
5 (100%)
I picked up 2 VisionTek ATI Radeon 2600 HD PRO 512MB PCI-Express cards today at BestBuy in Florence, SC for $24.99 each. Not the greatest card, but at $24.99 its the best video card deal I have come across in a long time

It plays COD4 fine at 1024X768 - the resolution I always play games because I refuse to spend $300 on a video card!

I am upgrading from a GigaByte GeForce 6800 128MB and there great deal of improvement... I couldn't run COD4 over 800X600 before!

Just thought some true cheap ass games will care...

:D

Man I wish I could run my games at 1024X768 like the old days...

But my current LCD's native is 1680x1050 and that doesn't help the frames at all.

I'd get it, but I haven't touched a PCI graphics card since about 1995... AGP only for me.

Then again, if someone asks me to build them a computer, this'd definitely be a cost effective component for them, so I guess thanx for the heads up, OP!

[quote name='Methadon']I'd get it, but I haven't touched a PCI graphics card since about 1995... AGP only for me.

Then again, if someone asks me to build them a computer, this'd definitely be a cost effective component for them, so I guess thanx for the heads up, OP![/quote]

It's PCI-Express, not PCI.

[quote name='Methadon']I'd get it, but I haven't touched a PCI graphics card since about 1995... AGP only for me.

Then again, if someone asks me to build them a computer, this'd definitely be a cost effective component for them, so I guess thanx for the heads up, OP![/quote]

I'm not sure if you're kidding or you don't know, but he said it was PCI-Express, which is better/newer than AGP. As for the deal, that is flippin' awesome. If I was building a cheap machine, I'd consider putting this one in since you can't find a decent card for under $70 new.

Man Mr. Wiggly, you beat me to it. :)

Huh, for $25 that might actually be worth it. It's a relatively slow card, but still a huge step up from integrated, and has dual-DVI as well as S-video out.

PCI-E version is a fairly decent deal deal, given that the 9500 is due out immediately and prices are going to plummet on those lines of cards. ( and the 3xxx series is already out from ATI ). The 2xxx line from ATI wasn't all that fast, and used more power than it should have. The 3xxx series might cost a bit more, but I'd say it's worth it.

The AGP version, though. That'd be smokin for that price. Hard to find any decent AGP graphics card, and they're never on sale.

[quote name='havuk']I have an older system with a 9800 pro would this be much of an upgrade?[/QUOTE]

A huge upgrade, especially considering some games require SM3.0 support just to run, which the 9800 does not support. The 9800 pro was a great card for its day though.

[quote name='mdv2000']I picked up 2 VisionTek ATI Radeon 2600 HD PRO 512MB PCI-Express cards today at BestBuy in Florence, SC for $24.99 each. Not the greatest card, but at $24.99 its the best video card deal I have come across in a long time

It plays COD4 fine at 1024X768 - the resolution I always play games because I refuse to spend $300 on a video card!

I am upgrading from a GigaByte GeForce 6800 128MB and there great deal of improvement... I couldn't run COD4 over 800X600 before!

Just thought some true cheap ass games will care...

:D[/QUOTE]

mdv2000 did they have any more left at the bestbuy in Florence? I don't stay to far from there just across the line in Pembroke and will gladly take ride down there.

I'm in Columbia, I don't need a new card, but I've got some friends who might, so I'll be checking the best buys around here....

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Is this an across the board clearance or a YMMV?[/quote]

At the moment, this looks to be a YMMV deal. I checked my local Best Buy this morning, and couldn't verify the card at this price. I'm planning to hit up another one later today, but I'm not expecting to have any luck.

OP - was the clearance price clearly marked? Was it labeled on the box, or the shelf?

I don't think that anyone else on this thread has been able to verify this price, either. If I can verify this afternoon, I'll post an update. Honestly, though - I'm not getting my hopes up :wall:

I went by the BB in north Austin. They didn't have the PCI-E version, but the AGP version was $75. Not a terrible deal, but I think I'll try elsewhere.

There were several cards discounted at my store today, but not at great prices. Just regular price, with 20% off

[quote name='goblin']The deal is dead. It was a two day sale, Sun and Mon.[/quote]

Well....that would certainly explain it. Was it advertised in the BB circular? If so, I'm surprised no other sites jumped on it! Or maybe they did and I just didn't see it anywhere.

i went today to Best Buy and they had the PCI express and the AGP versions marked at 24.99 on the shelves, they rang up 74.99 so i had them price adjusted to the shelf price.

Just picked up the AGP 2600XT 512mb (not the 2600Pro mentioned in the OP) for $61.99 at Best Buy in Westwood, CA. I believe it was the last one for that price. It was clearly marked with a shelf tag (printed out) and was in the register with no overrides. There were possibly a few PCI-Es at $122. There were a lot of 2400/2600 shelf tags with clearance prices so it was a bit hard to keep them straight.

There were quite a few 2400's for around $25-$30ish...

Now I have to decide if I want to keep it (I have an older Pentium 4 3.2ghz, X800 Pro 256mb card-- I know the 2600s were kinda ragged on, but to get DX10 and 512mbs for $62 seems like a fairly good deal..).

i just recently got a intel core duo 2 extreme, and i'm looking for a temp gpu (weird pair up, i know, but the cpu was free)

i'll see if this is in my area

Just got back from My best buy in Buffalo . They only had the agp cards for 24.99 and I needed a Pci to throw in a new system i am building.

yea, those things are ringing up at 77.99 for me

I did notice radeon 2400 hd pros on clearance for 50 though, is that worth it?

My AGP rang up for $75 but they quickly changed it to $25 when I said it was on sale. There were price tags all over the place for those cards though, some were 149, 75, and 25, so just look around cause they should all be $25.

Oh, and that was Toledo, OH by the way, had plenty of AGP and a few PCI-E.

Guys, as a Best Buy employee, I can guarantee that this is a big YMMV. Honestly, almost every clearance at a Best Buy store will be YMMV cuz of location, quantity, etc. What sucks is that Best Buy isn't supposed to price match clearances, even with its own stores. So save yourself a trip and please call first before going to the store.

Still $105 for the PCI-Express HD 2600 Pro at Florence, KY BB.

If anyone has an extra, send me a PM. I know it is highly unlikely anyone will sell it cheaply, but I might as well try.

Scored 2 today at $24.99 each (I got one, my friend got the other), AGP flavor since my computer still sux0rz

It took a lot of work though. If you want the full story send me a PM

[quote name='goblin']The deal is dead. It was a two day sale, Sun and Mon.[/QUOTE]

Actually no. It wasn't a "sale." It was a pricing error. They were supposed to drop it from w/e they were selling at to $74.99. Somehow they incorrectly got priced to $24.99 on Sunday and it took until Tue to fix it. Grabbed two on Mon since it couldn't hurt to have a spare AGP card laying around.

Darn, I might still try tonight. I hate ATi's hideous drivers, but one of these things wouldn't be a bad/cheap upgrade for my older system. IMO $75 would be a rip off for this card, but $25's okay, as long as you realize it's technically low end by todays standards (should still run almost everything pretty well though, and even Crysis will run, just obviously not on high).

Damn, could've used an AGP card (do they have DVI output?). My card isn't working right with my big monitor for some reason and I think it's the video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back