ATI Radeon HD 2600 Clearance at BestBuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdv2000

CAG Veteran
Feedback
5 (100%)
I picked up 2 VisionTek ATI Radeon 2600 HD PRO 512MB PCI-Express cards today at BestBuy in Florence, SC for $24.99 each. Not the greatest card, but at $24.99 its the best video card deal I have come across in a long time

It plays COD4 fine at 1024X768 - the resolution I always play games because I refuse to spend $300 on a video card!

I am upgrading from a GigaByte GeForce 6800 128MB and there great deal of improvement... I couldn't run COD4 over 800X600 before!

Just thought some true cheap ass games will care...

:D

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Damn, could've used an AGP card (do they have DVI output?). My card isn't working right with my big monitor for some reason and I think it's the video card.[/QUOTE]

Anything remotely new should. My card from 2000 did.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Damn, could've used an AGP card (do they have DVI output?). My card isn't working right with my big monitor for some reason and I think it's the video card.[/QUOTE]

Anything remotely new should. My card from 2000 did.

Update - Picked up two cards in Monroe, NC yesterday (April 2) for $24.99 each. They where ringing up at $74.99 but the $24.99 sticker was displayed so they had to sell it to me at that price. BTW, they had at least 10 AGP cards on hand when I left around 6:30pm. :cool:

Florence, SC is out of them last I checked on Tuesday.

[quote name='mdv2000']Update - Picked up two cards in Monroe, NC yesterday (April 2) for $24.99 each. They where ringing up at $74.99 but the $24.99 sticker was displayed so they had to sell it to me at that price. BTW, they had at least 10 AGP cards on hand when I left around 6:30pm. :cool:

Florence, SC is out of them last I checked on Tuesday.[/quote]I should probably check my BB out. I need to replace my AGP card. My 9800 Radeon 9800 Pro is ancient, but then again I don't really play PC games.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Man I wish I could run my games at 1024X768 like the old days...

But my current LCD's native is 1680x1050 and that doesn't help the frames at all.[/quote]

use 1280x800 still 16:10 and i have no problem with neglible IQ loss. its like the whole halo 3 is 600p and upscaled to 1080p it still looks good.

Update - Picked up two cards in Monroe, NC yesterday (April 2) for $24.99 each. They where ringing up at $74.99 but the $24.99 sticker was displayed so they had to sell it to me at that price. BTW, they had at least 10 AGP cards on hand when I left around 6:30pm. :cool:

Florence, SC is out of them last I checked on Tuesday.

[quote name='mdv2000']Update - Picked up two cards in Monroe, NC yesterday (April 2) for $24.99 each. They where ringing up at $74.99 but the $24.99 sticker was displayed so they had to sell it to me at that price. BTW, they had at least 10 AGP cards on hand when I left around 6:30pm. :cool:

Florence, SC is out of them last I checked on Tuesday.[/quote]I should probably check my BB out. I need to replace my AGP card. My 9800 Radeon 9800 Pro is ancient, but then again I don't really play PC games.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Man I wish I could run my games at 1024X768 like the old days...

But my current LCD's native is 1680x1050 and that doesn't help the frames at all.[/quote]

use 1280x800 still 16:10 and i have no problem with neglible IQ loss. its like the whole halo 3 is 600p and upscaled to 1080p it still looks good.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I should probably check my BB out. I need to replace my AGP card. My 9800 Radeon 9800 Pro is ancient, but then again I don't really play PC games.[/QUOTE]

Watch out what model you're replacing, I did some digging and the HD2600XT I bought is actually slower in most benchmarks than the X800 Pro I was thinking of replacing. Granted, the X800 is a faster card than your 9800 but if you don't play many games anyway, it may not be that big of an upgrade. The only advantage would've been getting SM3, but it doesn't seem worth spending the money to basically stay in place performance-wise.

So it's going back shortly...

[quote name='Justin42']Watch out what model you're replacing, I did some digging and the HD2600XT I bought is actually slower in most benchmarks than the X800 Pro I was thinking of replacing. Granted, the X800 is a faster card than your 9800 but if you don't play many games anyway, it may not be that big of an upgrade. The only advantage would've been getting SM3, but it doesn't seem worth spending the money to basically stay in place performance-wise.

So it's going back shortly...[/quote]I'm not doing it so much as an "upgrade" but my card won't output right on my widescreen monitor. It works fine with my old monitor though. Sent the widescreen back to get it looked at and they said it was fine, so I'm just guessing it's the card.

[quote name='bmulligan']he said it was an HD2600 pro, the XT is a different model altogether, isn't it ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is, but the point's still the same.. be sure there's a reason to be upgrading. (which it sounds like there is!)

(and it was also on clearance this week, at least at my BB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back