Atlus announces Shiren the Wanderer

EXStrike

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
shirenwii_faithfulannounce_main.jpg

holy shit

Doh! Sorry, using my phone to surf, and the mobile version of CAG doesn't make things blatantly obvious for blind old coots like me!

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I love me some Shiren on the DS, but this will be a flop of monumental proportions.[/QUOTE]

You think? I'm really looking forward to this though I think having it on a non portable will cut back on my play time with it.

I really wanted another Shiren on the DS. That game, along with other roguelikes are so addicting that I want them on a portable so I can play them whenever I want. They just seem like a perfect fit on the DS.

*raises hand*

Won't be this week though. There are so many great games I'm passing on right now because of school...I can't afford them and I have no time to play them.

However, I will be using the Wii Points I have been saving FOR OVER A FREAKING YEAR FOR CAVE STORY on Blaster Master tomorrow. Sometimes you just have to give in and let go...

Been playing it this weekend and am enjoying it a lot. Never played the DS version, so I can't comment on the differences.

With Chocobo Dungeon as the last roguelike I played for the Wii, this feels like a faster-paced (because the process of moving through a dungeon features a lot less pauses) that is a bit easier with your allies by your side. It wasn't until the fourth dungeon that I died, lost my items and some XP, and had to go grind a bit so I could get through more easily.

For GFW Radio fans, you'll be able to duel-wield Cudgels during your first dungeon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long as it supports CC/CCP or GCC I'm in. Don't even mention turning Wiimote on the sides to play. Little off-topic but is there a list somewhere of Wiimote unfriendly games?

[quote name='laaj']Long as it supports CC/CCP or GCC I'm in. Don't even mention turning Wiimote on the sides to play. Little off-topic but is there a list somewhere of Wiimote unfriendly games?[/QUOTE]
It supports:

Wii Remote (Horizontal)
Wii Remote (Vertical)
Wii Remote + Nunchuck
Classic Controller

[quote name='PuppetYuber']watched quicklook from giantbomb, it seems like chocobo dungeon is still a lot better than this one[/QUOTE]

Um, no.

I LOVED Chocobo's Dungeon to death....but with that said I'm not sure if this is going to be my cup of tea. I won't throw it off my "list of games" to buy, but its not on top. :D

Until the price drops or my monies increase, I am currently satisfying my Rougelike cravings with The Nightmare of Druaga for PS2, which was made by Chunsoft and is a VERY good rougelike, and Shiren DS, which is STOOPIDLY cheap right now...plus it's portable!

game's been pretty easy so far, although I've only gotten up to the that sand-worm thingy.

Only died once, and that was because I didn't know that I would get kicked out of the dungeon if my teammate died. I didn't lose any items after dying even though it was on normal, anyone know why?

[quote name='doodofdoods']game's been pretty easy so far, although I've only gotten up to the that sand-worm thingy.

Only died once, and that was because I didn't know that I would get kicked out of the dungeon if my teammate died. I didn't lose any items after dying even though it was on normal, anyone know why?[/QUOTE]

Probably because it was your teammate that died per se, not you...you just got kicked from the dungeon because of that. So technically, it wasn't your fault.:cool:

The only issue I had with this game is that the third character sucks when she's introduced into your party, as she couldn't connect on more than maybe 2/3rds of the attacks I attempted. I had to go back to easier dungeons and grind up a few levels, which I had to do any time I unlocked a new dungeon to be capable of beating that dungeon. It got kind of repetitive once that kicked in, but still good with a cliche story.

bread's done
Back