Atlus Digital PSP Game Prices Slashed.

Rouzhokuu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
atluspsnpricedrop2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AoA']Are Persona games turn based regular RPGs like, for example, classic Final Fantasy (not strategic)?
P3P is the best of the lot, it seems. That's the one I should get?[/QUOTE]

Persona 3 is the one most people start with. Persona 2 is good as well. It's turn based, but you can influence the flow of turns with certain actions, such as exploiting enemy weaknesses and critical hitting the enemy will give the character who did the action a free turn. Although there is a bit removed, Persona 3 Portable is the definitive version of the game, since it lets you control all party members and has the full story (certain events, including the ending change when you choose to play as a female).

That said, I prefer Persona 2's story. However, I'd say wait for a sale/another price drop for that one, as it's more of a hit or miss title.

Wasn't the Vita suppose to have a feature where you can get digital versions of games you own on UMD for like $5? Or was that a rumor/lie?

I love Knights in the Nightmare but the load times on UMD are so terrible. And I don't want to pay $14

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Wasn't the Vita suppose to have a feature where you can get digital versions of games you own on UMD for like $5? Or was that a rumor/lie?

I love Knights in the Nightmare but the load times on UMD are so terrible. And I don't want to pay $14[/QUOTE]

They offered that option in Japan. Didn't make it to the US.

[quote name='geoelectric']They offered that option in Japan. Didn't make it to the US.[/QUOTE]

That is so fucking stupid. WTF Sony USA? Ooh PSP has rampant piracy so how can we make sure there's more? I know lets not offer them a way to give us more money for something they've already payed for more. That a sure way to tell legit consumers to go fuck themselves.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Any thoughts on Hexyz Force? I have (and enjoy) most of the others.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it. Basically, it is like playing the same game differently.
I heard someone explain it as, "playing two games in one." You beat the game as one character, then you can play as the other character. The characters meet at certain pivotal moments of the story. Of course, as you play each one you learn more about what is happening filling in blanks etc...

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']That is so fucking stupid. WTF Sony USA? Ooh PSP has rampant piracy so how can we make sure there's more? I know lets not offer them a way to give us more money for something they've already payed for more. That a sure way to tell legit consumers to go fuck themselves.[/QUOTE]

The conversion deal was pretty questionable to begin with. If I heard correctly, it basically boiled down to allowing Japanese gamers to get a slight discount if they rebought the digital version of a game that they already owned on UMD. And not all titles were valid for the promotion. Perhaps Sony USA realized not many gamers would be willing to pay 80% of the MSRP on a game they already owned and therefore the program wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Kenka Bancho. I love that game. Think I played through it three times and there was still a lot left to do. I was thinking of it just the other day.

It's like an extremely goofy Yakuza - not for everyone - but some will love it.

[quote name='Thrinn']The deal wasn't pretty questionable to begin with. It basically boiled down to allowing Japanese gamers to get a slight discount if they rebought the digital version of a game that they already owned on UMD.[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to research every game on the Japanese store, but here's an idea of the discounts:

Game - Passport Price - Amazon.jp Price - PSN Price - PSN Discount
AKIBA'S TRIP - 1,000 Yen - 3,717 Yen - 4,500 Yen - 77.7% Off
DEAD OR ALIVE Paradise PSP® the BEST - 1,000 Yen - 1,780 Yen - 2,400 Yen - 58.3% Off
Colin McRae: DiRT 2 - 1,000 Yen - 1,877 Yen - 5,040 Yen - 80.1% Off
Ever17 ~ the out of infinity ~ Premium Edition - 500 Yen - 2,940 Yen - 2,200 Yen - 77.3% Off
PATAPON3 - 1,000 Yen - 3,954 Yen - 3,800 Yen - 74.7% Off
Kanon - 1,000 Yen - 4,118 Yen - 3,500 Yen - 71.4% Off

I used these particular titles since it's easier to search for games with English titles than Japanese titles.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm not going to research every game on the Japanese store, but here's an idea of the discounts:

DEAD OR ALIVE Paradise PSP® the BEST - 1,000 Yen - 1,780 Yen - 2,400 Yen - 58.3% Off
Ever17 ~ the out of infinity ~ Premium Edition - 500 Yen - 2,940 Yen - 2,200 Yen - 77.3% Off

I used these particular titles since it's easier to search for games with English titles than Japanese titles.[/QUOTE]

Wait it was still ~$10? thought it would be $5. $10 is also bullshit

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm not going to research every game on the Japanese store, but here's an idea of the discounts:

I used these particular titles since it's easier to search for games with English titles than Japanese titles.[/QUOTE]

My mistake then. Thanks for the correction. I guess the worst offender was a pachinko game that cost about $30 to transfer over to the Vita, but most are inline with the prices above.

bread's done
Back