ATLUS E3 stuff...$1

Zon27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (98%)
I did a search for ATLUS and nothing came up so hopefully this isn't a repost.

The front page of the ATLUS USA page has an offer for E3 Swag...all you have to do is send them a buck and you get their 2005 product catalog, an Atlus wrist strap, and an Atlus wipe cloth.

As per their front page:
http://www.atlus.com/

Sure it costs $1...but it's Atlus stuff and since my handle on here should be Atlus fiend I thought I'd share.

First 2500 people only. One per household.

Got my today too. It some how broke during shipping. I don't know how but the little metal clip that hold the jack frost thing broke into three little tiny part.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Ugh...so annoying when people say this but it's understandable.

Atelier Iris has NOTHING to do with atlus. Or rather, the other way around. Atelier Iris is developed by Gust and is published by Nippon Ichi.

Two different kinds of love here. A higher one for nippon ichi in my case.[/QUOTE]

Very true. However, NIS (Nippon Ichi Software) piggybacked with Atlus in their booth this year. They also showed Makai Kingdom and Generation of Chaos -- a PSP strategy/board game amalgamation.

One thing nobody has mentioned from Atlus yet is Trauma Center: Under the Knife. It's a surgery sim for DS and it's friggin' sweet. Here's a preview I wrote: http://gba.gamespy.com/nintendo-ds/caduceus/617564p1.html

By the way, I got a neat Jack Frost figure from my meeting with Atlus. It sure beats the heavy, magnetic clock/picture frame they gave out one year.

Well, I didn't mention it here but it was actually the very first game I played at E3 and I fell in love with it.

[quote name='blueweltall']Got my today too. It some how broke during shipping. I don't know how but the little metal clip that hold the jack frost thing broke into three little tiny part.[/QUOTE]
Same here, mine fell apart as soon as I took it out of the bag.

[quote name='Roufuss']Right now Atlus has planned for the future -

PS 2

Digital Devil Saga 2 (August)
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood (Winter 2005)
Samurai Western (June)

Nintendo DS

Snowboard Kids DS
Trauma Center: Under the Knife

GBA

Riviera

Not to mention the games they just put out, such as Puyo Pop Fever, DDS 1, and Stella Deus. They can probably fill up 24 pages easily.[/QUOTE]

There is also a Gamecube game that's in the works that I'm not at liberty to spill.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Very true. However, NIS (Nippon Ichi Software) piggybacked with Atlus in their booth this year. They also showed Makai Kingdom and Generation of Chaos -- a PSP strategy/board game amalgamation.

One thing nobody has mentioned from Atlus yet is Trauma Center: Under the Knife. It's a surgery sim for DS and it's friggin' sweet. Here's a preview I wrote: http://gba.gamespy.com/nintendo-ds/caduceus/617564p1.html

By the way, I got a neat Jack Frost figure from my meeting with Atlus. It sure beats the heavy, magnetic clock/picture frame they gave out one year.[/QUOTE]

Movies of that game have actually gone the farthest to sell me on a DS. Looks awesome, and it's games like this (and Nintendogs) that actually use the stylus for something that couldn't be done otherwise that make the DS look promising.

Anyway, I'm a big Atlus fan, so even tho I'm a little late to the party I'll probably still go ahead & send in the $1. I like NIS too, but can't say I like them anywhere near as much as Atlus. Atlus has just published far too many great games in the US (2 of those being NIS games ;) ). Plus, I've been hopelessly addicted to SMT:Nocturne for the past couple of weeks.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']For those of you who have received something, when did you send your $1 in?[/QUOTE]

That stuff has gotta be gone. It's been on their page for almost a month.

the strap is black with letter on it and the cloth has a picture of the snowman (?) atlus character on the backside.

i sent my dollar to them 4 or 5 days after this was posted and i already received it. i might be lucky though b/c they're only a 20 minute drive from my place. i bet you still have a slight chance in getting the cloth/mini-catalog. you're only risking a buck hehe. here's what the character looks like:

jack.gif

this guy is well-worth the money! :D

They were one of the first booths to pick up on the trend that many E3 attendees were supporting their LA visit by Ebaying E3 shwag. That's why in 2003, they didn't giveaway and press kits or much shwag, just a two sided sheet that provided media links and passwords for their site. That being said, if you did work for a legitimate media outlet, they've always been very receptive. I can't remember the last time I had to pay for an Atlus game.

i agree with JNGx80. I would of rather gotten free swag from E3, thought it was going to be something i'd like. But thanks for the posting....Comicon is coming..up...I'll let you know if I have free swag to give out. i still have stuff left from last years comicon...

[quote name='fatcalipnoy']i agree with JNGx80. I would of rather gotten free swag from E3, thought it was going to be something i'd like. But thanks for the posting....Comicon is coming..up...I'll let you know if I have free swag to give out. i still have stuff left from last years comicon...[/QUOTE]

hey whatever you get at comicon grab handfuls of extras. I'm in nj and can nvere get there. I'll hook u up through paypal. PM me when you come back or if you want or have time maybe you could buy some exclusives for me and I would hook u up through paypal.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Very true. However, NIS (Nippon Ichi Software) piggybacked with Atlus in their booth this year. They also showed Makai Kingdom and Generation of Chaos -- a PSP strategy/board game amalgamation.

By the way, I got a neat Jack Frost figure from my meeting with Atlus. It sure beats the heavy, magnetic clock/picture frame they gave out one year.[/QUOTE]

Got a good score from Famitsu

Chou Shittou Caduceus (NDS, Atlus): 8, 7, 8, 8 - (31/40)

I just got my envelope of Atlus stuff today - and I sent my $1 in last Monday. Should give hope to those of us who sent in last week. Thanks OP! ^__^

Haven't received mine yet. Possible problem: I didn't think to enclose my address, I figured the return address would be sufficient...

[quote name='fatcalipnoy']i agree with JNGx80. I would of rather gotten free swag from E3, thought it was going to be something i'd like. But thanks for the posting....Comicon is coming..up...I'll let you know if I have free swag to give out. i still have stuff left from last years comicon...[/QUOTE]

I go to Comic-Con every year and always have tons of stuff left over from that. I used to know people at the New Line booth, Bandai booth, etc... I think I still will have some connections. Free Anime and free DVD movies...yes please.

bread's done
Back