Atlus/Sting RPG - Baroque - Best Roguelike on Wii!

Still debating on getting this game now with a giftcard or waiting for an inevitable price drop. A $30 DoTD would be perfect right now.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Still debating on getting this game now with a giftcard or waiting for an inevitable price drop. A $30 DoTD would be perfect right now.[/quote]

A tough call but I wonder if this will soon be hard to find since it is an Atlus game (so it is a limited run to begin with) and since it is getting SOOO universally panned (no matter how unfairly) I can't see any store bothering to restock it once it sells it's 2-3 copies.

good luck for those waiting for a price drop. Izuna already goes for like $30 for a complete copy on ebay and that game is a lot less forgiving than Baroque

Now my question is this... why on Gamerankings is the PS2 version in the low 70% and the wii is unable to touch the 50% mark?

Is there a control issue?

I think if you play with the Wiimote the game would suck. I've only used the classic controller which is just fine, so that could be the reason. Aside from that, the Wii version is better...480p, 16:9, etc.

[quote name='Snake2715']Now my question is this... why on Gamerankings is the PS2 version in the low 70% and the wii is unable to touch the 50% mark?

Is there a control issue?[/quote]

Wii has more reviews than PS2. For a love/hate game, the Wii version just picked up a few more hates.

I think the main control differences is the camera control and shaking to do one of the attacks. Locking on does not recenter the camera, which is troublesome when you have to stretch up to the d-pad to manually move it.

I bought this game during the $17 sell. I did not care for it at first and won't recommend it now but I am really liking the game. Figuring out crap is kind of fun. I have no idea what is going on but I have a good guess. If you ever played the game Alice. I think something like that is going on.

Here is my tips that might help you like the game more.
1. Throw everything at everybody and see what happens.
2. If you see something strange try throwing everything at it.
3. Talk to everybody multiple times until they start to repeat
3. Sometimes the only way to go forward is to die
4. Sorting might give you more space by grouping stuff
5. Some items do different things depending on how they are used
6. Attack everyone at least once
7. Sometimes going back to a old save is better than dying.
8. Pay attention of what monsters are doing to you. Some steal, some poison, so do other strange stuff to you.
9. Think about ways to use items together or in combos. The result can be big. For example I found a combo that killed off all the monsters in one level. There is more than one way to do it.
10. Think about ways on how to use monsters to your benefit. For example making monsters hurt other monsters. Or making a monster do something to you that item you have will make you more powerful if the monster does it to you.
11. Review the data to help you with the story. Everything said or shown can be reviewed later.

Dunno if it's mentioned anywhere else here but you can play the Wii version with the CC.

The game is really weird. I stopped playing for awhile but I'll pick it up again soon. I'm just dying to see how/if the mindfucking ends. That being said, the combat is a chore.

bread's done
Back