Atlus Store Reborn! (Can now accept credit/debit cards, slightly better prices, etc.)

Crocodile

CAGiversary!
Atlus has done a major update to their site and store. New store URL is http://www.atlus.com/cgi-bin/shop. They now accept online ordering via credit/debit card and their prices are a little better. They also have an Ultimate Digital Devil Saga bundle for $100. Not the best deal money wise but you get both games and a shit lot of free stuff. Good for people who missed out on the TRU/GC goodness. Also, any purchase from the store nets you a free SMT: Nocturne soundtrack while supplies last. Have fun.

[quote name='schuerm26']Stop Bitching? Why, so we can go pay top dollar on ebay and be happy about it?[/QUOTE]

You're a little late...since both of the games have been out for awhile....

This store sucks. There were like 3 things I wanted on the old one and was going to order them, but all the old stuff is gone. I wonder if they tossed it or if you could still order some if you call them. They had some old ps1 guides I wanted.

I am still confused, why is this worth $100? I know it has all that extra junk but you can get thoes two games for around $50 through all the various sales and such....

Because the operative word there is can, not will. Only a few people were lucky enough to get DDS1 through TRU or GC for $10-15 (I was one of them), retail on that game is still in the $50-55 range, and $40 for DDS2. So if you look at the retail value of $90-95 that bundle with all of the additional items was an outright steal. I regret myself very much not getting it and then just selling off my copy of DDS1. I didn't expect the deal to be gon so quick.

Since the bundle sold so very quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if it sells for double the price on ebay.

TexTuna

[quote name='abhinav']I am still confused, why is this worth $100? I know it has all that extra junk but you can get thoes two games for around $50 through all the various sales and such....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MorPhiend']I paid $10 for DDS at TRU. I couldn't see paying $106 just for the other game...[/QUOTE]

You can either pay $50 for the second one, or if you were thinking about this before it went out of stock.....couldve sold the first one for 60-70 and gotten the second game and a bunch of swag for 30ish

I really would appreciate knowing what exactly is on that DDS 2 DVD...Nice of them to screw over their loyal fans who bought this stuff at release.

[quote name='Run4Fun']I really would appreciate knowing what exactly is on that DDS 2 DVD...Nice of them to screw over their loyal fans who bought this stuff at release.[/QUOTE]

If you think that they're screwing you then you must not really be a fan.

[quote name='TexTuna']Because the operative word there is can, not will. Only a few people were lucky enough to get DDS1 through TRU or GC for $10-15 (I was one of them), retail on that game is still in the $50-55 range, and $40 for DDS2. So if you look at the retail value of $90-95 that bundle with all of the additional items was an outright steal. I regret myself very much not getting it and then just selling off my copy of DDS1. I didn't expect the deal to be gon so quick.

Since the bundle sold so very quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if it sells for double the price on ebay.

TexTuna[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I don't check this website for one day, and look what happens! I miss out on this. Doh!

I'm hoping Atlus notices this, takes the hint, and restocks these items.

[quote name='Sway']
dds_bundle.jpg

- Brand new copies of Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
- The original collector's Deluxe Box
- Digital Devil Saga and Digital Devil Saga 2 soundtracks
- Digital Devil Saga 2 Special DVD
- Digital Devil Saga Controller Armor
- Digital Devil Saga miniature pin
- Black Shin Megami Tensei Shirt (XL size)
- Atlus USA Wrist Strap

I wish that character was a plush. Thanks for the cool heads up though.[/QUOTE]

This is why I love Atlus, not only are both games slightly cheaper, they also threw in so much free bonus garb that dropping $100 on all of it actually feels worth it. Who knows, maybe I'll even get in on this.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']This is why I love Atlus, not only are both games slightly cheaper, they also threw in so much free bonus garb that dropping $100 on all of it actually feels worth it. Who knows, maybe I'll even get in on this.[/QUOTE]

Do you have magic restocking powers? :whistle2:s

i'm checking this site as often as possible hoping they get more in stock. i REALLY want this. and i for once have enough money for it.

Customer service wrote me back to say my bundle had shipped, but also answered my question regarding manuals and inserts. He said they are still available, but only by special request, and you will need to email them to see if they have them in stock. I think they will regret that as soon as they get bombarded with requests for old manuals they don't stock anymore, but it is what it is.

While I don't like the fact these guys don't distinguish the difference between a Reprint and Original Prints. (Screws over anyone who collects games. ) There is a Good Chance you'll be able to get these titles in the Future. (which gives opportunities to those who missed out on some good titles) And Shame on Gamestop for their business practices or re-opening them. Just thought I'd point out this article so you are aware of this and don't get screwed in paying too much for something you thought was originally rare.

http://www.siliconera.com/2006/01/16/the-business-of-reprints/

I skimmed over the DVD. It has the following on it:

1. Compilation Movie
This is like a real movie. It is only 13-14 minutes long. It is in Japanese with Japanese subtitles.

2. Soundtrack
This is the DDS2 Soundtrack, but it has graphics on the screen that change while you play it. Pretty neat and the best part of the DVD if you ask me.

3. Promotional Movie(s)
There are 2 promotional movies. They look to be basically gameplay footage with cool music.

I have not thoroughly inspected nor watched the entire DVD, but that is what is on the menu and I clicked on each to see what they were.

The disk itself looks like it was a real promotional item. It even says not for resale and comes in it's own case with insert.

[quote name='azeledge']While I don't like the fact these guys don't distinguish the difference between a Reprint and Original Prints. (Screws over anyone who collects games. ) There is a Good Chance you'll be able to get these titles in the Future. (which gives opportunities to those who missed out on some good titles) And Shame on Gamestop for their business practices or re-opening them. Just thought I'd point out this article so you are aware of this and don't get screwed in paying too much for something you thought was originally rare.

http://www.siliconera.com/2006/01/16/the-business-of-reprints/[/QUOTE]

The whole idea of collecting is a crap shoot. Every thing has a peak price and eventually bottoms out (unless it's one of a kind or something along those lines). While I agree that the reprints should be changed slightly (easy as a updated copyright or something), I don't really think they're screwing anyone. People who collect things for value know when to get in and when to get out. If anything, they are doing a service for the gaming community.

[quote name='b3b0p']I skimmed over the DVD. It has the following on it:

1. Compilation Movie
This is like a real movie. It is only 13-14 minutes long. It is in Japanese with Japanese subtitles.

2. Soundtrack
This is the DDS2 Soundtrack, but it has graphics on the screen that change while you play it. Pretty neat and the best part of the DVD if you ask me.

3. Promotional Movie(s)
There are 2 promotional movies. They look to be basically gameplay footage with cool music.

I have not thoroughly inspected nor watched the entire DVD, but that is what is on the menu and I clicked on each to see what they were.

The disk itself looks like it was a real promotional item. It even says not for resale and comes in it's own case with insert.[/QUOTE]

The whole soundtrack visualization video sounds sexy.

If it's game-themed animation, definitely.

Gee, so we should start seeing the FW-type/hoarding bastards hocking these on Ebay in a day or two.

The soundtrack (from what I've heard) in these games is awesome... so it'd be nice to have that. However, I'm not about to pay hoarders' prices for the DVD... I'll stick with the games.

[quote name='Chacrana']The soundtrack (from what I've heard) in these games is awesome... so it'd be nice to have that. However, I'm not about to pay hoarders' prices for the DVD... I'll stick with the games.[/QUOTE]

The first Digital Devil Saga soundtrack is excellent. I haven't heard the second yet.

And I don't really thing there will be hoarders. It was a limited thing that sold out in what, thirty minutes? I bet there were maybe 50 bundles.

I'm not hoarding. I bought this because I thought it was pretty neat and thought I could sell my current copies for about what I paid for this and then get the bonus items. I truly like Digital Devil Saga series and Atlus. I have no intention of selling this.

One note that was not mentioned, they do include the bag pictured even though it was not mentioned as part of the package.

They never asked me for my t-shirt size like someone mentioned. The address label was hand written and had a green DC sticker. It was packed in a Flat Rate USPS Priority Mail Long Box. Nice personal touch ;)

[quote name='b3b0p']I'm not hoarding. I bought this because I thought it was pretty neat and thought I could sell my current copies for about what I paid for this and then get the bonus items. I truly like Digital Devil Saga series and Atlus. I have no intention of selling this.

One note that was not mentioned, they do include the bag pictured even though it was not mentioned as part of the package.

They never asked me for my t-shirt size like someone mentioned. The address label was hand written and had a green DC sticker. It was packed in a Flat Rate USPS Priority Mail Long Box. Nice personal touch ;)[/QUOTE]

I wasn't accusing you of hoarding if that's what you thought. I obviously can't blame somebody for owning something that they wanted.

Sadly it looks like that may have been it for the bundle...

The Digital Devil Saga 2 Special DVDs won't be made available for seperate purchase. We are completely sold out of them. Unfortunately, we don't expect to get anymore Digital Devil Saga Bundles back in stock anytime in the near future.

Regards,

Atlus USA, Inc.
Customer Service

Oh well, win some, lose some...

[quote name='Starky27']Sadly it looks like that may have been it for the bundle...

The Digital Devil Saga 2 Special DVDs won't be made available for seperate purchase. We are completely sold out of them. Unfortunately, we don't expect to get anymore Digital Devil Saga Bundles back in stock anytime in the near future.

Regards,

Atlus USA, Inc.
Customer Service

Oh well, win some, lose some...[/QUOTE]

Argh, that hurts even more since when I went to the Atlus site on friday, DDS bundle was listed as in-stock, I clicked on it, and it was out of stock by the time I got to checkout.

[quote name='TripleH13']Argh, that hurts even more since when I went to the Atlus site on friday, DDS bundle was listed as in-stock, I clicked on it, and it was out of stock by the time I got to checkout.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was gonna buy the bundle a couple days ago, but I missed out and was kinda annoyed. I love and hate Atlus at the same time -- they put out excellent games that aren't too mainstream, but they're damn hard to get if you're not quick about it.

Unfortunately, we don't expect to get anymore Digital Devil Saga Bundles back in stock anytime in the near future.

-Carl
Atlus USA, Inc.

Maybe EVERYBODY here should email them about it. We're at two at least.

Is DDS that good a game or are you guys just enthralled at the idea of a game bundle? Looking for serious answers, I got DDS but only put a few mins in so far.

bread's done
Back