Attention to anyone using cashbaq!

animemaniac14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
if you have been using Cashbaq you might be in trouble (like me) looks like a bunch of people have not received payments since November...the site's customer service has just stopped responding to all CS requests (see pic below)...this is very strange considering they've been around since 2002, but i think it may be time to start filing complaints with BBB or IC3. here is another link to people who are experiencing the same problem.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/cashbaq-c401911.html

437381825_o.jpg

437381832_o.jpg

any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated. I know some of you who might have used it probably are just going to shrug this off if you're only expected to receive like $20 but to those of us who have $200+ pending, there's more of a reason to go after these scammers

Last edited by a moderator:
It sucks that you have to deal with this, but if anyone thinks filing complaints to the BBB does anything worth a damn, then wow, you are living a sheltered existence.

Best of luck on getting your money.

[quote name='HydroX']It sucks that you have to deal with this, but if anyone thinks filing complaints to the BBB does anything worth a damn, then wow, you are living a sheltered existence.

Best of luck on getting your money.[/QUOTE]

if enough people hold your mentality dude, yes, complaining to the BBB would do jack

Yeah I've tried contacting them a few times to get my $13 and they haven't replied. My Paypal payment has been processing for like 2-3 months now. fuck this company. I'm just glad I didn't have that much money coming from them.

I'll probably file a report with the BBB as well, it couldn't hurt and only takes a few mins.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah I've tried contacting them a few times to get my $13 and they haven't replied. My Paypal payment has been processing for like 2-3 months now. fuck this company. I'm just glad I didn't have that much money coming from them.

I'll probably file a report with the BBB as well, it couldn't hurt and only takes a few mins.[/QUOTE]

OP made me realize I still had $42.34 pending :(. Plus another $8 still unpaid. Kind of annoying that a 9 year old company suddenly goes belly up. Especially this type of company. They get paid, we get paid. Simple as that... I just don't see how they can go bankrupt. Either they are doing the typical "become popular, hold huge amounts of payments and get the hell out" scam or they are having problems getting paid.

[quote name='animemaniac14']if enough people hold your mentality dude, yes, complaining to the BBB would do jack[/QUOTE]

The BBB has no authority over companies. They only exist to keep track of the reputation a company holds. When a company starts to scam customers like this, there is little doubt that a bad reputation with the BBB will convince them to do anything.

[quote name='Brownjohn']The BBB has no authority over companies. They only exist to keep track of the reputation a company holds. When a company starts to scam customers like this, there is little doubt that a bad reputation with the BBB will convince them to do anything.[/QUOTE]

Say that to the Consumerist then. Filing a complaint usually helps in getting your problems fixed. There's a reason companies pay to be on the BBB. The last thing they want is for there to be negative feedback for them from the community.

No one said that the BBB doesn't have some pull in that a bad rep with the BBB can seriously harm a company's reputation.

However, he is exactly right in stating that, aside from simply giving your company a bad grade, the BB can literally do nothing to harm your company.

If you want to take action against a company, there's the Consumer Protection Agency for that.

Same issue here, never received any cashback that shows up as "paid."

They got slammed by SlickDeals, with free Entertainment Books so this is the fallout.

This sucks. I had some cash due and now their site says they have updated their site finally to reflect that they've closed down.

Good thing there are still other reliable cash back sites out there. I would recommend checking out www.cashreporter.com to compare the rest.

On February 1, 2011, Cashbaq.com, an internet cashback website, posted that they are no longer in business. "Like so many other companies, Cashbaq was hit by the worst recession of our lifetime. We regret that Cashbaq is unable to continue operations and has shut down." (Cashbaq.com). This was after several weeks of blog posts from members who were stating that they never received their recent cashback payments. While Nanoosa.com does not like to see this happen to anyone, we would like to help support those who were former members who have not received their cashback.

If you are a former Cashbaq member, you understand how a cashback site works. Nanoosa.com is the same; however, Nanoosa.com allows you to withdraw your cashback (similar to Cashbaq.com) OR have us donate the cashback that you earn to the organization (non-profit, charity, etc.) of your choice. For those who were former members of Cashbaq.com, Nanoosa.com will be providing an additional account bonus for former Cashbaq.com members when they sign up for a Free account with Nanoosa.com. While this is not intended to fully reimburse those who never received their cashback, this is a way for Nanoosa.com to show their generosity and let everyone know that they are here to help.

Please email us at [email protected] for more details.

[quote name='Nanoosa.com']On February 1, 2011, Cashbaq.com, an internet cashback website, posted that they are no longer in business. "Like so many other companies, Cashbaq was hit by the worst recession of our lifetime. We regret that Cashbaq is unable to continue operations and has shut down." (Cashbaq.com). This was after several weeks of blog posts from members who were stating that they never received their recent cashback payments. While Nanoosa.com does not like to see this happen to anyone, we would like to help support those who were former members who have not received their cashback.

If you are a former Cashbaq member, you understand how a cashback site works. Nanoosa.com is the same; however, Nanoosa.com allows you to withdraw your cashback (similar to Cashbaq.com) OR have us donate the cashback that you earn to the organization (non-profit, charity, etc.) of your choice. For those who were former members of Cashbaq.com, Nanoosa.com will be providing an additional account bonus for former Cashbaq.com members when they sign up for a Free account with Nanoosa.com. While this is not intended to fully reimburse those who never received their cashback, this is a way for Nanoosa.com to show their generosity and let everyone know that they are here to help.

Please email us at [email protected] for more details. [/QUOTE]

Why the hell would you post this message with a font that blends into the site's background?

bread's done
Back