Auction Over - *WARNING* Copycat On Ebay Using My Picture/description

Ndolger

CAGiversary!
Well, I've been sitting on these two for awhile, and I figured with Silmeria coming out, it might spark up some *more* interest in Valkyrie Profile 1. Also have Zelda: Link to the Past FACTORY SEALED up for sale.

Tell your neighbors, tell your friends! My VP needs a good home. :bouncy:

Valkyrie Profile: http://tinyurl.com/qapzw
Zelda: http://tinyurl.com/lzv36

Edit: 10/9/06
I didn't intend to reply to this thread again, but I have a huge warning to anyone buying Valkyrie Profile on eBay.

**WARNING**
Seller jokgames - has put up my EXACT DESCRIPTION AND PICTURE of MY VALKYRIE PROFILE! http://tinyurl.com/s95j2

He's obviously trying to piggy-back off my successful auction using my style. BE WARNED! I notified the guy to take down his description (the high-bidder of my auction actually notified me of this!). If anyone wants to sent hate mail to the guy be my guest. That is really, really lame.

Should I notify eBay about this? I'm sure this is a violation of the TOS.

Edit #2: The guy ended the auction early minutes after I sent him an email. However, after researching eBay's policies it is indeed a severe violation of the TOS. I sent a report to eBay because a) who knows how long this guy has been doing this, and b) how will I know he won't do it again?

Again major thanks to the winner of my auction for pointing it out!

Sure, I'll upgrade from Media to Priority Mail for free if a CAG wins either.

$0.99 cents do I hear $1.50? :bouncy:

Well, Valkyrie Profile is probably too high right now for CAGs, but Zelda is still pretty low. Both end tonight around 10pm est.

Final bump.

Man! I somehow got serious attention with my VP. It's over $200 and there's still 3 hours left! To my knowledge, this is the highest VP has gone for that's not sealed. :applause: LUCKY!

Zelda needs love too!

VP ends at 10:18 est
Zelda ends at 10:40 est

I think CAG is my good luck charm! Go CAG go! :bouncy:

man, I don't get people that bid sometimes. Right now there's two other BIN Valkyries in similar condition as yours for $174 and $179, why not just buy that instead of placing a $202 bid on one.

Oh well. Their lack of common sense and Rainman like knowledge of money is good for you. People on ebay just amaze me sometimes.

VP closed at $202.50. The ironic thing is that I initially had it at BIN for $200. I made more than I had it for BIN!

Zelda is lonely! There are 20 watchers, but no bidding! Boooo! Only ten minutes remaining...

Edit: Zelda just closed at $47. Five second remaining bids make me nervous! I'm pretty happy with how these both ended. Maybe I should put up my complete SMRPG:LotSS, Harvest Moon 64, Ogre Battle 64, Arc the Lad, Lunar sets, and Shenmue II for DC...
Oh I just couldn't, I love them too much. *snuggle*

The winner of the VP auction said he's been waiting for one from a private collection, so that's why he didn't take an alternative route. Which is understandable, it really doesn't seem like these eBay powersellers give a crap about many of their items. I'd be reluctant to buy one off of them. How hard is it to take a few pictures and describe it? I mean if people would do that, it would sell for 50% more...who knows...

I will really miss VP though, I guess I could buy a cheap one for $100...

I didn't intend to reply to this thread again, but I have a huge warning to anyone buying Valkyrie Profile on eBay.

**WARNING**
Seller jokgames - has put up my EXACT DESCRIPTION AND PICTURE of MY VALKYRIE PROFILE! http://tinyurl.com/s95j2

He's obviously trying to piggy-back off my successful auction using my style. BE WARNED! I notified the guy to take down his description (the high-bidder of my auction actually notified me of this!). If anyone wants to sent hate mail to the guy be my guest. That is really, really lame.

Should I notify eBay about this? I'm sure this is a violation of the TOS.

[quote name='Ndolger']The winner of the VP auction said he's been waiting for one from a private collection, so that's why he didn't take an alternative route. Which is understandable, it really doesn't seem like these eBay powersellers give a crap about many of their items. I'd be reluctant to buy one off of them. How hard is it to take a few pictures and describe it? I mean if people would do that, it would sell for 50% more...who knows...[/QUOTE]

So true. Every day, Ebay is turning more and more into a Power Sellers auction site and I make it a point to avoid bidding on their auctions. Who wants to bid on expensive items with descriptions that only say "complete and in good shape" and then read a 10 page essay on the sellers shipping options, return policy, ebay history, and other items for sale all framed inside of some tacky template design?

eBay just sent me an email about my report of the guy who stole my picture/description. They cancelled the item, and BANNED him. It's nice to see eBay takes this seriously. Don't steal people's stuff!

bread's done
Back