Auction Problem

MrDubbs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230286061652

If you were to look at that auction would you assume that it's for the retail version of the disk with insert and disk?

I got it today in the mail, and got the case with a real insert, and the DVR. However it's pretty obvious the DVD is bootleg. The backing is purple, and if you look on the back at the inner ring, it says DVD-R 4.7GB 16 X Memorex.

Anyway, I haven't had this happen before, and I'm sure some of you have. I sent a message to the seller (don't know if they were aware of it or not). How do you handle something like this if the seller isn't willing to make right? I know filing claim with paypal etc.

Or am I just wrong, or was it obvious from the listing it's a fake disk?

Q: Are these dvd's originals?​
A: Yes, all of these dvd's include chapter inserts (if applicable), Original Cover, Case, and Disk! (same as you'd find in any major video retailer in the USA,).​

This makes it sound fishy. They aren't coming out and saying that they're originals, and instead are listing the things that they included in the bootleg to make it seem legit.​

[quote name='plft']

This makes it sound fishy. They aren't coming out and saying that they're originals, and instead are listing the things that they included in the bootleg to make it seem legit.​
[/quote]

I agree, but with the same as you'd find in any major retailer part. you don't find DVD-Rs

considering it's illegal to sell bootlegs like this, and ebay enforces this strictly, you shouldn't have any problem contesting it and getting your money back.

you can always start by telling the seller that it's obvious that it's an illegal bootleg, and rather than pursue it with legal options you're willing to let it slide if he just issues you a refund. also have them throw a few bucks towards the return shipping... and make sure they issue the refund before you ship anything.

i've had this happen to me with a bootleg DS cart as well as an audio book and both times i've been able to get a full refund including shipping back.

Well I sent an email this morning, letting them know, and seeing what they want to do. How long should I wait before taking more action?

[quote name='daminion']considering it's illegal to sell bootlegs like this, and ebay enforces this strictly, you shouldn't have any problem contesting it and getting your money back.

you can always start by telling the seller that it's obvious that it's an illegal bootleg, and rather than pursue it with legal options you're willing to let it slide if he just issues you a refund. also have them throw a few bucks towards the return shipping... and make sure they issue the refund before you ship anything.

i've had this happen to me with a bootleg DS cart as well as an audio book and both times i've been able to get a full refund including shipping back.[/quote]

Make sure you burn a copy before sending it back though! ;)

now they are trying to say it was released by comedy central on a DVD r.. does anyone have this that can prove that wrong

Alright, they are willing to refund me in full if I send the item back, they "seem" nice.. Is this something that I should?

with DC of course

I sent back the item, which I believe they should have gotten Saturday. According to the DC, it arrived in their town at 5:41 in the morning, which then probably went out the same day (at least they normally do).

I still haven't heard anything from the seller as for a refund, is it going to hurt me if the DC does not update to "delivered?"

Edit: I just received an email stating that he "hasn't seen it" and to let him know when the DC says it's delivered...

Last edited by a moderator:
So has any one had an experience like this where the DC won't update to delivered? But its been in the persons town since Saturday.

I called his PO this morning, and they didn't have the package at the location. She said she had to talk to the carrier and to call back tomorrow morning.

The ironic thing is that, while I was on hold waiting, I did a map search of the PO and the sellers business, and it's basically within walking distance of the PO at ~.3 miles.

I'm starting to think more and more the seller has the package, and just doesn't want to admit they do since the DC claims otherwise

Guys, I really need some help, as I'm at a total loss as of what to do...

The DC still shows that it arrived at the unit in Lynchburg VA, the sellers hometown, and ironically the PO is located with less then a mile from the seller's B and M store.

Yet the seller keeps claiming not to have seen the package, (which is possible but very strange). Am I basically screwed because of the DC not showing delivered on the package?

I paid with Ebay bucks, and Paypal (credit card), So worse case scenerio I can get Capital One to side with me most likely, but lose the Ebay bucks. Would Paypal be even worth the hassel for this?

Arrival at unit doesn't mean it's delivered yet; I believe that just means it's at the local post office. Until it says "Delivered", it isn't actually delivered. Also, USPS usually doesn't update until the evening (or next morning) after it's been delivered, so if it's there today, you probably won't know until later tonight or the next day.

Yes, USPS "tracking" leaves much to be desired.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Arrival at unit doesn't mean it's delivered yet; I believe that just means it's at the local post office. Until it says "Delivered", it isn't actually delivered. Also, USPS usually doesn't update until the evening (or next morning) after it's been delivered, so if it's there today, you probably won't know until later tonight or the next day.

Yes, USPS "tracking" leaves much to be desired.[/quote]

I thought I had made another post in the thread about my call again to the PO, but I guess I must have been dreaming, lol. but anyway..

Basically I called The PO in VA again, and this time spoke with a supervisor, she basically told me that she's 99% sure that it was delivered but never scanned as delivered. She wanted to speak with the carrier still, and get back to me, but that's what she thought anyway.

That's why I'm concerned. Something tells me the USPS screwed me on this one

[quote name='Mugen']Sorry to say this but you are basically screwed now.[/quote]

Actually, no I'm not :cool:

I emailed the seller on Friday, saying that I had talked with the PO (which was true). But I also told them that the carrier said he delivered it (which I lied about); since I never actually spoke with a carrier, nor did the supervisor. but oh well :lol:

Anyway, I went to work and come home to find an email from the seller saying they "just got it today." So I replied back asking when they'd refund me. Then yesterday I came from work to find out they had refunded me including shipping
:bouncy::bouncy:

bread's done
Back