Auctions on factory sealed games: Rez, ToD2, Xenosaga, Suikoden II

mdm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The auctions are pretty low now, at least. Just to not confuse swordity is my alternate handle for websites that don't take kindly to "mdm", so clearly CAG is a superior website because mdm is an acceptable handle. I digress...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZswordity

If you REALLY REALLY don't want to click twice, here are the individual auctions:

Xenosaga: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8206811928

Tales of Destiny 2: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8206813154

Rez: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8206814764

Suikoden II: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8206814074

I rarely buy games on release, but all four of those I got shortly after they came out. Don't castrate me because I'm selling sealed games on eBay, it's not like I bought them yesterday at some obscure store and am looking for profit. I bought all these with the intention of playing but never got around to it. Luckily I made the habit of keeping my games sealed til I play them, which is one of the reason I had to sell these. I couldn't bring myself to open them, so I'll sell them and buy mint copies.

Xenosaga non GH sealed is rare?

I also think it's funny that people bid up to $40+ and the auctions have 6 days left.

Tales of Destiny II is still at a price that I would consider reasonable, if you guys are interested in a playing copy. Rez and Suikoden II seem to be in the "people who want to pay exhorbant amounts of cash to keep their games sealed" range, though. ToD2 is supposed to be fantastic, and one of my good Tales-freak friends says it's the best Tales game to hit America to this date.

Or, if you really want, I guess Xenosaga isn't at a terrible price, but blech, I don't recommend that, even if I'm going to be the one profiting. You owe it to yourself to read my description of the Xenosaga auction for comedic relief.

NAMCO's ridiculously horrible Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zur Macht (which is the Bulgarian title of Immanuel Kant's famous philosophical work "Critique of Pure Reason". Perhaps this alludes to Xenosaga being completely unreasonable in how unplayable it is.) for the Playstation 2 videogame console.

With that description I am surprised anyone is bidding on your copy. Although, I guess they can tell your being honest and up front.

Since you seemed to have played it, how does Xenosaga relate to Xenogears, if at all? And how much of the game is really just spent watching instead playing?

Just wondering as I have this game, still sealed, but have been thinking of selling it because of how bad it sounds (not from you, but friends). I also have the guide. Wouldn't mind an extra few bucks in my bank account.

Two days left! I've gotten two emails already asking about "The condition of the shrink wrap"

Am I crazy for thinking this is a little excessive?

[quote name='mdm']Two days left! I've gotten two emails already asking about "The condition of the shrink wrap"

Am I crazy for thinking this is a little excessive?[/QUOTE]

Well, these are the people who would pay over $200 for a sealed copy of suikoden 2 so...why are you surprised? :lol:

@mdm: man, those people are anal... and also quite wealthy. Congrats on your successful manipulation of the tragically picky.
And for all these years, I thought the Anal Retentive Chef was just a joke... people like that are real... o_o

Questions about the shrink wrap... wtf. I guess scrubs like me can never understand the supremacy of the sealed game collector miniclass.

[quote name='MightySlacker']wait a minute...

Am I the only one whose spider sense tingles when looking at that Suiky 2 bid history?

Dave[/QUOTE]

I'd be a bit more concerned with his whole 3 feedback.

[quote name='mdm']Two days left! I've gotten two emails already asking about "The condition of the shrink wrap"

Am I crazy for thinking this is a little excessive?[/QUOTE]

I recently sold castlevania symphony of the night sealed for 300 buy it now(first attempt, with a starting at 300 and buy it now at 350 failed). Despite all the normal, picky question, someone actually requested pictures of front, back and all 4 sides.

Holy crap. That would explain the offer of $20 for my disc only copy... it's worth quite a bit if it's not GH (God forbid anyone buy any Greatest Hits games... :roll: ).

[quote name='urzishra14']i would argue that if he had more then 3 feedback (say 15+) that would have gone to 300 on Suki.[/QUOTE]

And I would argue against this. The auction closed at $255.50, which is a hefty amount of scratch. For it to reach this price, two people must be willing to put that amount up, meaning two people clearly don't see the feedback as a problem. What about $300 makes it so the bidder will step back and reconsider because of the feedback? Obviously the nutjobs who are going to pay that much for the game are going to buy it one way or another.

Frankly there's little rhyme or reason to where the sealed Suikoden II auctions close.

I thought the same thing (about only having 3 FB) but it doesn't really appear to have hurt the auction much. A guy with over 600 FB had one bid up to about $265, another guy sold one with a BIN of $250. I think a buyer might go for a BIN of $300 on a sealed Suikoden II (certainly not a slam dunk it would happen though - the $250 BIN took 6 days to sell.) but $250 looks to be the current going rate.

And another seller sold a used one he listed as new for over $300 (but he was including the strategy guide and Suikoden I with the auction) Odd thing is he buried those two bonuses in the description of the item, didn't mention this in the title at all.

Ebay is a place for idiots with big wallets, usually.

Really, why can't someone just look around and find it for $100? Or just buy a used copy. I don't really see them reselling it for higher than $300.

If only I could have seen the future. I would of got a bank loan and bought 1,000 copies of Suikoden II back when it sold in stores for $50. I would of paid $50,000 + tax, but I would of made between $200,000-$250,000.

I also would of invested in yahoo back when the internet was just getting big, oh what you could do with foreknowledge on the internet.

[quote name='Blade']Ebay is a place for idiots with big wallets, usually.

Really, why can't someone just look around and find it for $100? Or just buy a used copy. I don't really see them reselling it for higher than $300.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how some NES games go for more than $300 just for being complete, I wouldn't say that's out of the question. There's more demand for PS1 stuff than there is for NES stuff.

bread's done
Back