Audacity and Windows 7

Mrcapcom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Ok so I installed Windows 7 like the first day it came out. I had problems with Vista on my laptop but Windows 7 works the best! Anywho I just notice im having the same problem I had with Vista when I try to record songs from my Zune Pass using Audacity. The tab for Stereo Mix (so you can record whatever comes through your speakers) doesn't show up. So I can't copy anything and chop it up for ringtones etc. Has anyone had this problem? Or at least have another program I can use in Windows 7 that will let me record anything going thru my speakers software wise? Thnx in advance:cool:

why would I get a ban? im not saying anything piracy wise and I pay for my zunepass and my mp3's so nothing illegal there.

Vista hides the stereo mix (because hiding hardware that can be used for legal purposes stops pirates)

Go to control panel, select classic and click on sounds, click on the recording tab and right mouse button click anywhere in the white panel, put a check mark in "show disabled devices" Stereo mix is disabled as a default, just re-enable it and you're good to go.

bread's done
Back