Audio problem for 360, looking for adapter

xbltheshadow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Well, let me see if I can explain this well enough because I have no idea what exactly I am looking for.

As most of you know, the 360 has red, white, and yellow cords, which sets it up for the Stereo audio system. The problem I have is that the VCR I'm plugging it into only accepts one of the red/white cables, aka the "Mono" audio system. (Yes, I know, it is very old and I don't have HD) So I think in order to solve this problem, I need to buy an adapter that takes my red and white audio cords down to a single audio plug.

If anyone knows what I need to be looking for and could point me in the right direction for a good deal, I would greatly appreciate it!

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Well, let me see if I can explain this well enough because I have no idea what exactly I am looking for.

As most of you know, the 360 has red, white, and yellow cords, which sets it up for the Stereo audio system. The problem I have is that the VCR I'm plugging it into only accepts one of the red/white cables, aka the "Mono" audio system. (Yes, I know, it is very old and I don't have HD) So I think in order to solve this problem, I need to buy an adapter that takes my red and white audio cords down to a single audio plug.

If anyone knows what I need to be looking for and could point me in the right direction for a good deal, I would greatly appreciate it![/quote]
No adapter needed. You just only use the white one for your mono sound and leave the red one hanging.

Plugging a 360 into a VCR? Just...wow. That is wrong on so many levels. At least you're not using a RF modulator I suppose.

Just kidding, as any 360 gameplay is better than none.

Well you see, I'm looking for one because the 360 has no setting for Mono. The stereo option is the closest I can get. So with only one of the 2 audio cables plugged in, I'm only getting half of the sound. This is REALLY noticable in games like GH2.

Now since the 360 doesn't support a Mono option anymore (it used to, then a recent update erased it) I'm forced to try to look for a cable like this. I had hoped this would be cheaper than buying a new VCR or an RF modulator.

WIth that out of the way... does what exactly I need to be looking for and the best price for it?

The VCR supports the mono , just plug in the white one .
Use a bookshelf sound system they usually have an AUX input , or just use headphones .

Yea, I know it accepts mono, but the 360 does not support mono.

So I think I think I'm looking for a cable like this. Something that takes my red and white cables down to 1 audio cable to plug into the VCR.

If someone wouldn't mind confirming my thought, and possibly showing a better price/place to get this for.

bread's done
Back