August was an expensive month!

Dkellar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
So at the beginning of August, I was visiting my girlfriend and her family and decided to go on a game hunt. I brought up GameStop.com and began searching for rare rpgs and other games that I wanted for the PS1 as well as a few other systems. After hours of writing down what games were located where and directions, we sent out on our journey. The first store we decided to check showed they had a copy of Suikoden 2 instock at the store. No luck in the Suikoden 2 but I believe they might have it since when I asked an employee there, he seemed to have no clue about the value of Suikoden 2. I was able to find a few games and grabbed those. We went from store to store, one 'had' Valkyrie Profile, but no luck there. Finally, after we hit most of the GameStops, an EB Games appeared and grab some games there: Chrono Cross, Eternal Eyes, and SaGa Frontier 2.

Now back at home, I made a new list but had little luck. I noticed one day that one store got in a copy of Suikoden 2. I didn't jump on this right away since my last experience about GameStop's website and locating Suikoden 2 plus I was not going to call due to stories I read about employees taking the goods before CAGs are able to arrive at the store. Then last week I was playing around with the store search and discovered a local store received a copy of Valkyrie Profile.

I head out the door and storm to my car. After driving for a little bit trying to find the GameStop, I turn around and was about to give up until I found it. I walk in calm and begin searching for the used PS1 games. I found the wire rack with the games and begin searching and BAM! There is it! Valkyrie Profile in its original case! I grab it, open it, MANUAL!! It's complete, briefly look at the disc, execellent condition!! So a few days ago, feeling pretty good after my find of Valkyrie Profile, I head to were Suikoden 2 might be.

Found the GameStop with no problem but they didn't open till 10! So I went wandering into Wal-Mart and quickly go back to GameStop as soon as the guy unlocked the door. I find the PS1 section, begin looking, NOTHING. Now feeling disappointed I was about to head out when I decided to ask if there were any games behind the counter. He mentioned "Suikoden and DDR Konamix" and opened the glass case and handed me a stack of games. Three copies of Suikoden 1, two complete, Rhapsody, Lunar, Lunar 2, two copies of Konamix, then Suikoden 2, COMPLETE!! The disc looks decent and I'm satisfied with my find. I talked to the guy working there for a bit and he knew about the Ebay prices for Suikoden 2, which suprised me that it still was there! He also said that they get them often and once had eight, thats right EIGHT, copies at one time. So I'll be checking often to see if any more came instock so I could help out fellow CAGs looking for this game.

Here is a list of games my girlfriend and I found (she wasn't to excited at first about looking for the games on my list, but once she joined in she became addicted to the hunt!)

*All are complete with original case and manual, unless noted*

Alundra 1 (with map)
Alundra 2
Brigandine (with map)
Chrono Cross (NONGH)
Dragon Valor
Dragon Warrior III (gb, cart only)*
Dragon Warrior: Monsters (gb, cart only)*
Dragon Warrior: Monsters 2 - Cobi's Journey (gb, cart only)*
Elemental Gearbolt (no manua)
Eternal Eyes
Incredible Crisis
Legend of Legaia
Ogre Battle (got off ebgames.com, just manual and original case, no other extras)*
Ogre Battle 64 (ordered manual from Atlus)*
Riveria (New)
Parasite Eve II (NONGH)
Saiyuki: Journey West
SaGa Frontier 2
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Tactis Ogre (ebgames.com, was disc only, order from Atlus to make it complete)*
Valkyrie Profile

Games marked with * were purchased at EB/EBGames.com

Now ends my story. The thrill of hunting down these games is now slowly fading away, mostly due to the findings of Suikoden 2 and Valkyrie Profile. I have some tips for people search for PS1 rpgs and such: 1) Check often using GameStop's instore search. 2) Make a list! This greatly helps when searching for games. 3) When looking for a GameStop you never been to, LOOK FOR A WAL-MART. I have noticed that several GameStops I have visited are near Wal-Marts. 4) Have fun!

[quote name='mofo1115']haha dude you have a very chill girlfriend

wish i could find one to go game hunting

anyway nice finds![/QUOTE]

Yea, she enjoyed helping me look even though she kept saying "I can't believe I am doing this." We looked through a large some of PS1 games at some stores. Because of her, I spent more money than I normally would have since some of those games aren't really 'rare' but she kept telling me "You better get that or else you're going to complain about not buying it later."

congrats on the nice find...though i usually dont go game hunting wit my girl but since i wasnt in town this month she did all the hunting for me but only came up with a copy of rez...

[quote name='PaP3rKuT']congrats on the nice find...though i usually dont go game hunting wit my girl but since i wasnt in town this month she did all the hunting for me but only came up with a copy of rez...[/QUOTE]

Only a copy of REZ huh ? lol , damn that B...

[quote name='mofo1115']haha dude you have a very chill girlfriend

wish i could find one to go game hunting

anyway nice finds![/QUOTE]

I've got things the other way around- I can't get my boyfriend to go game-hunting! He's the sort who'd rather buy online and only go in-store if he grab, buy, and leave in about 3 minutes. He hates it when I stop to 'look things over'. :roll:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I've got things the other way around- I can't get my boyfriend to go game-hunting! He's the sort who'd rather buy online and only go in-store if he grab, buy, and leave in about 3 minutes. He hates it when I stop to 'look things over'. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there are plenty o' boys on this site who would love to take his place. ;-)

BTW OT - Great score! My girlfriend's reall chill when I go hunting, too. But I only bring her along on the rare ocassion, and when we're already out doing other errands.

[quote name='Dkellar']Yea, she enjoyed helping me look even though she kept saying "I can't believe I am doing this." We looked through a large some of PS1 games at some stores. Because of her, I spent more money than I normally would have since some of those games aren't really 'rare' but she kept telling me "You better get that or else you're going to complain about not buying it later."[/QUOTE]

Haha sounds just like my gf, she loves to go out and look for video games with me, but complains about how I never buy half the stuff I say I want because it's not in the greatest condition.

Expensive month??? Well, congrats! I, however, only managed to spend $11.49 on games in August. I bought Tecmo's Deception (PS1) on eBay - which cost me $11.49...

If you ask me, 2005 isn't a good year to buy games. Not like 2004. That's just my honest opinion.

[quote name='Prepster']Haha sounds just like my gf, she loves to go out and look for video games with me, but complains about how I never buy half the stuff I say I want because it's not in the greatest condition.[/QUOTE]

Yea, same here. I can be very picky about the games, mostly the condition of the manual, inserts, and game disc since I can always replace the case. One think she hates is when I don't buy games because of the "Greatest Hits" logo on them. I went to a few GameStops and an EB today. According to the GameStop instock search, Rez was near here, I went just to discover it was gone. Found nothing good, just some random things I already own. Though one GameStop had Vandal Hearts 2, Tales of Destiny 1, Thousand Arms, and Persona 1 all disc only!! The Persona 1 was marked $14.99 there, yet at the store where I grabbed Suikoden 2 they had Persona 1 (game and case, no manual) for $9.99. Just another reason to hate GameStop I guess. I think I may go hunting again tomorrow since I have enough gas to last the week, hopefully.

Reading this thread reminded me to check for Suikoden II in my area. Lo and behold, one of the GS in my area had it and I picked it up this evening! Thanks op!

[quote name='hansolox1']Reading this thread reminded me to check for Suikoden II in my area. Lo and behold, one of the GS in my area had it and I picked it up this evening! Thanks op![/QUOTE]

Awesome, is it complete?

Yeah, it was complete. I couldn't believe they had it. I have been looking for it for over a year. The gs worker said that it was traded in about a week ago.

This just keeps getting better. I did a search for Valkyrie Profile at the GS web site. None near me but 1 was available about 20 miles away from my friends house. He picked it up for me today. Disc only and 50 bucks but I'm still happy.

bread's done
Back