Auto Start Annoyance

dragyynvessyl

CAGiversary!
I'm curious to know if there's a way to turn off the autostart feature (at least for PS2 games) on the PS3?

I'd gotten used to having that option on the 360, seems regressive to have to wait and quit the auto load of my PS2 games.

If you have any disc in the system, it will load it up automatically. There is no option to set it so it won't but there is a way around it.

Just hold right or left on the D-PAD as the system loads and move through the XMB before it loads anything.

You can also create another log in account so that when the PS3 loads you are forced choose an account first. This gives you enough notice to hit left or right when the XMB comes up so the game doesn't auto load.

I'm sure they will fix this eventually. I know the PSP used to be this way, and they changed it to give you the option of AutoLoad. I hate this also though....I have a Blu-Ray disc in there and it loaded up.

It does feel like they are still playing catch up though to catch the 360 and the little features.

Thanks for the tips. Glad to know I wasn't overlooking something.

Strange that they updated the media bar for the PSP to include an option to not autostart, yet they didn't put that feature in the PS3.

In addition to this, I'd like it to autoplay a DVD or BD when I put it in there.

Make it more like a standard player, instead of having to select it.

[quote name='dallow']In addition to this, I'd like it to autoplay a DVD or BD when I put it in there.

Make it more like a standard player, instead of having to select it.[/QUOTE]

No thanks....I like it how it is. Sometimes I put a game in and I don't want to play it at that moment. Same with a DVD.

Does the PS3 have Auto Resume with DVD's or Blu-Ray? Like if you stop a movie half way through, it picks up where you left off?

[quote name='doubledown']No thanks....I like it how it is. Sometimes I put a game in and I don't want to play it at that moment. Same with a DVD.

Does the PS3 have Auto Resume with DVD's or Blu-Ray? Like if you stop a movie half way through, it picks up where you left off?[/quote]
The only reason I put a DVD in is to watch it.
Same for games. However I only want this function for movies.

Well it took them over a year to add the option to turn off autoloading on the PSP. :)

There should be options to autoload everything, give the users a choice on how they want things to work.

Sony is playing catch up with options, but only because they want to. They set it up in such a way that they can offer updates for minor things like this along with security updates. At least if they are doing things like they did with the PSP.

[quote name='gizmogc']Firmware update...some day. I'm still waiting to change the damn background from that nasty grey color.[/quote]

You must use your system at night? The color changes depending on what time of day your using the PS3.

[quote name='doubledown']

Does the PS3 have Auto Resume with DVD's or Blu-Ray? Like if you stop a movie half way through, it picks up where you left off?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does.

bread's done
Back