AV input selector for 6 or 7 inputs

beeporama

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I've got my current-gen systems using a nice component video input selector on the widescreen TV in my living room, with my retro systems using an AV input selector on an old standard TV in my "man room." Unfortunately, since swapping in the Wii for the GameCube, I've got too many old systems to put on the five-input selector I'm currently using... it's now up to six (SNES, N64, GameCube, PS1, Dreamcast, and XBox), and I'd even like to get a VCR on there without having to swap cables.

So can I hope to find an AV selector that will handle six or seven inputs without breaking the bank? Or am I doomed to cable swapping (or going back to coax for the SNES)?

There's only the one AV input on the TV and no S-Video, so I can't step up the GameCube either, much as I'd like. And my wife would not understand the Male Logic that I simply need to buy a new television set for the back room!

you can always cascade the selector.... or in english, on the last input, add another selector.... i did that with my component selector with almost not quality loss, and on a standard composite selector with no visual loss.....

What models are you using for both your composite and component. I have read everywhere that there are problems with scan lines on current gen systems via system selectors. I am in the market for one, and am looking for something that works.

I had been worried about quality loss. If there isn't any, that's good to know! I'd still like to find a big selector for the convenience factor, but it's nice to know I can just daisy chain a second one on if I have to! Thanks!

[quote name='ashram']you can always cascade the selector.... or in english, on the last input, add another selector.... i did that with my component selector with almost not quality loss, and on a standard composite selector with no visual loss.....[/quote]

[quote name='oleskiier']What models are you using for both your composite and component. I have read everywhere that there are problems with scan lines on current gen systems via system selectors. I am in the market for one, and am looking for something that works.[/quote]
The AV selector is Pelican, something I picked up years ago at an EB or GameStop when I was less discriminating... fortunately, no problems.

For the component cables, I looked around a little because I figured I should do it right... I ended up getting this:

http://www.amazon.com/Impact-Acoustics-A-v-Selector/dp/B000AM3U2I/

A little much for my cheap ass, but I didn't seem like the place to scrimp. I'm not an audiovisual expert, but it looks good to me.

bread's done
Back