AVAILABLE NOW Street Fighter LE Controller Blockbuster $25

[quote name='BigHow'][quote name='Wet Ninja']Any chance of Xbox versions of these controllers being released with the Xbox version of SF Anniversary Collection?[/quote]

A press release at the Capcom site says that they'll be releasing controllers and an arcade stick (!) for the Xbox. You lucky bastards.

http://www.capcom.com/news/news.xpml?prid=450140[/quote]
YES!!!/SI!!!! Thank You Capcom for the stick and controllers. You better not screw them up.

Yea the packaging is really nice.

akumacontroller.jpg

Damn BB for not carrying the Chun-Li one yet. I picked up the Akuma one though and the whole package is sweet.

Damn this sucks. Went to blockbuster and it had Akuma so I bought it. Tried gamestop(forgot it won't ship til 21st), went to EB and it didn't have any for some reason, and compusa didn't have them either. Anyone know where they might have it at BBM store?

Nuby arcade sticks blow. I would get a controller but I am broke and I dislike pads with fighting games(8 dollar Ascii stick I have will do fine for now)

Gees..I was right... Who would think?

As for the large amounts of Akuma, some stores have been shipping them to the nearest store if they feel they can't sell them. My store is becoming a Game Rush and we got 3.

[quote name='KingDox']Anone here nuts enough to be getting all 10 ? [/quote]me

not gonna use them though, that's what my stick is for

[quote name='dsullo']the picture on the controller changes[/quote]

I think it's lenticular - you tilt the controller, it changes.

And it's just not right to do these without a Blanka controller...Screw Vega! We want the furry green dude!

I got an Akuma one and I'm pretty happy with it. I have a Chun Li one preordered at EB, dunno if I'll get it or not.

On a side note (looks up a few pages) Is Drake REALLY worth $22 in credit at Blockbuster? I paid $5 for that game at Gamestop so I could ridicule it.

Somebody please answer this question ASAP. Is Drake of the 99 dragon's trade-in price $22 at Blockbuster, or the GameRush inside of Blockbuster? Thanks.

looks like the pad for the dreamcast? hope one of my kiln gets one for some playtesting (i'm not buying sfac because of the sfIII port's shoddy quality)

[quote name='booo']looks like the pad for the dreamcast? hope one of my kiln gets one for some playtesting (i'm not buying sfac because of the sfIII port's shoddy quality)[/quote]

its not the dreamcast controller it looks like, its the saturn. about SF3, i believe the PS2 version is basically a port of the DC version, so it doesn't really have any real disadvantages compared to that version. The game does suffer from some color drabbiness (actually the whole disc including HSF2 and the movie all suffer from this), so this is the only drawback compared to the DC version I can think of. the supposed shoddiness of the PS2 port is there, but the DC version wasn't exactly arcade perfect either. only hope is that capcom fixes it up for xbox... which they won't because they're too damn lazy so if you want SF3 at home, you got nothing but shoddy comin' at ya.

These controllers want to be like the saturn controllers or any incarnation of the saturn controllers, but they're too hollow, cheap plasticy, and way too thick. Yes, they look cool, but the comfort is not there. I was thinking of collecting them all, but now I don't think i want more than 2.

[quote name='slagcoin']Does anybody think they know what all the versions are by looking at Nubytech's website?:
http://www.streetfightercontroller.com/

Here are my guesses (numbered left to right, top to bottom):
1. Ryu
2. Guile
3. Ken
4. Vega
5. ??? (maybe a second Ryu version; Evil Ryu?; not sure)
6. Sagat
7. Chun Li
8. Cammy
9. M. Bison
10. Akuma

Doesn't look like there will be a Blanka controller. I would have liked a slimy-green controller of him.

I'm now pretty much 99% sure on 9/10 of these controllers. If you look at the shaded pictures they are the same outlines as the images in the Player Select in Street Fighter Anniversary. The fifth one has the same outline as Ryu, but there is already a Ryu controller. I'm about 80% sure that it will be Evil Ryu even though he is an Alpha series character.[/quote]

Wouldn't it be cool if that fifth controller was Dan? :D

I emailed the company asking for an XBOX version, would like to use these on my xbox and ps2 fighters.

Yes drake is 22$ at Gamrush blockbuster, and why is that guy selling controller for 36$ while theres like 10 other ones goin for half that price buy it now LOL.

I just got back from blockbuster and I went in there looking for the Punisher and The Ladykillers and came out with the Akuma controller. I was at the counter, saw it, had a nerdgasm and bought it. I wasnt even there looking for it. The controller works pretty good I've used it with Tekken 4 -Tag Tournament, and Guilty Gear X 2. I wish they would have thrown in an analog stick even though is still probably more of an collectors item.

Here's a post from someone over at Digital Press about the Akuma controllers that you might find interesting. Looks like the stores may not be limited to just 3 controllers per store, but it definitely looks like the Akuma is a Blockbuster exclusive:

Actually, let me chime in on this one. After purchasing my Akuma controller yesterday, I asked the Blockbuster lady if they had any of the others. She said "no", then produced an internal memo/document regarding the SF controllers for me to read. To paraphrase, it basically said that Blockbuster had received exclusive rights to distribute the Akuma SF controller. If any other locations (like arcadeshock) are offering them for sale, then they're either getting stock through Blockbuster somehow or totally wrong and will have to refund buyers, since they're pretty much in pre-order status anyway right now. If you check out the EBGames and Gamestop websites, you'll notice that they only list Ken, Ryu, and Chun Li. Having seen the document myself, I'd say it's pretty likely that Akuma is strictly a Blockbuster exclusive. Regarding the three-per-store, I'm not so sure, though I can say that the store I got mine at only had three and it didn't look like any more would be appearing any time soon.

For anybody that's actually used one of these controllers on the SF Anniversary Collection: how's the D-pad on these controllers? From what I saw at Blockbuster yesterday, they don't look too great, but then again, I wasn't able to feel it for myself. I've read many posts in this thread saying "nuby sucks, don't buy their controllers" but I would like an opinion from somebody that actually has this controller. Thanks in advance.

Ive been playing VF4 EVO and GGX with NO problem

EDIT: meaning: I like it quite a bit, and reminds me of playing SF2 on my genesis

Hey guys, while I was at the BB today, I saw they also have this comic book alike Street Fighter book called Round One. I wasnt able to flip thru it cause it's sealed. Does anyone here know what that is? I didnt buy it of course.. it's 9.99 each..

[quote name='maxgle']Hey guys, while I was at the BB today, I saw they also have this comic book alike Street Fighter book called Round One. I wasnt able to flip thru it cause it's sealed. Does anyone here know what that is? I didnt buy it of course.. it's 9.99 each..[/quote]

All I know is that it's a SF graphic novel and thats it. I think this is the same one that is included with the Street Fighter Special Edition controllers but with a different cover.

oh? I didnt know the controller comes with a comic book.. the book I saw is a little bit thick.. (almost a CD case thickness).. is that also what comes along with the controller?

off topic post kinda: Hey about streetfightercontroller.com Hey what is the video clip about? All of a sudden Ryu runs to his master Dojo's and see that he has killed himself with the Raging Demon? :lol:

The Round 1 TPB is different.

It's issue #0-6 of the comic books compiled together.

The one that comes with the controller is issue 6 and 7 I believe.

[quote name='ykryptonite13']
its not the dreamcast controller it looks like, its the saturn. about SF3, i believe the PS2 version is basically a port of the DC version, so it doesn't really have any real disadvantages compared to that version. The game does suffer from some color drabbiness (actually the whole disc including HSF2 and the movie all suffer from this), so this is the only drawback compared to the DC version I can think of. the supposed shoddiness of the PS2 port is there, but the DC version wasn't exactly arcade perfect either. only hope is that capcom fixes it up for xbox... which they won't because they're too damn lazy so if you want SF3 at home, you got nothing but shoddy comin' at ya.[/quote]

Actually it's more closer to the arcade than the DC was. It is PRETTY much arcade perfect. Way better than DC anyways. For a more refined list of changes check out the forums on shoryuken.com

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='slagcoin']Okay, which one of you CAG's is using my pictures (and this topic post) to help make a few bucks?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8131307613&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

When you right click on the pictures on this page it says they are "property of Vintagegamer13".[/quote]

Probably the guy who bought all 3 from his local blockbuster and said he was going to sell them... :wink:[/quote]

I PMed Slagcoin. I did take the pictures and I apologized. I will change them if he wishes. I am not the guy who bought 3. I bought 2 thinking my brother wanted one (which he said he did) and then he changed his mind. I saw someone else sell one for 39.99 so I put it up.

Then the other guy flooded them up for 17.99 each, If they retail for 24.99 I do not know how he could sell them so cheap. I will let the auction go until completion and then probably return it.

[quote name='MarkMan']The Round 1 TPB is different.

It's issue #0-6 of the comic books compiled together.

The one that comes with the controller is issue 6 and 7 I believe.[/quote]

I see, that is interesting.. thanks for clearing it up

[quote name='Mishimaryu']off topic post kinda: Hey about streetfightercontroller.com Hey what is the video clip about? All of a sudden Ryu runs to his master Dojo's and see that he has killed himself with the Raging Demon? :lol:[/quote]
If i'm not mistaken, Akuma killed Ken and Ryu's master, and Ryu is just finding out...

bread's done
Back