anderson4145

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just checked the HBO 3D section on demand and Avatar was added. I know some may not think this is a deal but considering it's 24.99 to rent on 3dblurayrentals.com I'd say it is. If you have HBO it's free. I'm not sure how much HBO isthink like 15 or 20 a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']....[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the deal with the "...." is.. the only place to get Avatar on 3D is when you purchase a Panasonic 3DTV.. or a 3D Blu Player.. don't remember which.

For those that want to see it, $25 for a rental is indeed a steal, as the Blu sells for over $100.

I don't have a 3DTV, but thanks anyway, OP.

lol I use charter for cable and they had HBO 3D on demand only for one week. It had Narnia 3d , cats and dogs 3d and despicable me i think. I watched the animated one they had and it was good quality. I hope they bring it back .

Still. its a start. I wont pay for it though, if i can buy physical copy.;)

[quote name='BWeed560']lol I use charter for cable and they had HBO 3D on demand only for one week. It had Narnia 3d , cats and dogs 3d and despicable me i think. I watched the animated one they had and it was good quality. I hope they bring it back .

Still. its a start. I wont pay for it though, if i can buy physical copy.;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's not bad. I've watched about 10 3D movies in the past month on HBO.

[quote name='Scorch']Not sure what the deal with the "...." is.. the only place to get Avatar on 3D is when you purchase a Panasonic 3DTV.. or a 3D Blu Player.. don't remember which.

For those that want to see it, $25 for a rental is indeed a steal, as the Blu sells for over $100.

I don't have a 3DTV, but thanks anyway, OP.[/QUOTE]

I just don't see this as a deal..at all. Paying that much for a rental is absolutely ridiculous, as is your link. Copies go for around $60 - $75 on ebay. I don't think that's worth it either. I'm positive Avatar 3D will be sold separately sometime in the near future (Panasonic's deal ends in February), and when it does, everyone who rented it for $25 will look pretty silly. Unless you absolutely can't wait to see it in 3D on your TV, I see zero reason to rent this at such a premium. Hell, I'd rather pay the $60-70 on ebay, watch it in the highest HD/Audio possible, watch any bonus BD content, and resell it back. I'm positive It'd cost less to do that than spending $25 on a rental considering even used copies sell for over $60

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, for us with HBO, it's nice. I watched a few movies in 3D on HBO. Seem pretty good to me. Hopefully they have some BETTER movies soon. Seems like Shrek, Owls and a few others are always on there.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I just don't see this as a deal..at all. Paying that much for a rental is absolutely ridiculous, as is your link. Copies go for around $60 - $75 on ebay. I don't think that's worth it either. I'm positive Avatar 3D will be sold separately sometime in the near future (Panasonic's deal ends in February), and when it does, everyone who rented it for $25 will look pretty silly. Unless you absolutely can't wait to see it in 3D on your TV, I see zero reason to rent this at such a premium. Hell, I'd rather pay the $60-70 on ebay, watch it in the highest HD/Audio possible, watch any bonus BD content, and resell it back. I'm positive It'd cost less to do that than spending $25 on a rental considering even used copies sell for over $60[/QUOTE]

But what the OP highlighted was a deal... By subscribing to HBO one would get the lowest price yet for this experience

[quote name='wcgravy']But what the OP highlighted was a deal... By subscribing to HBO one would get the lowest price yet for this experience[/QUOTE]

And a real CAG would find a way to get a free 3 month trial for HBO/Cinemax. ;)

I've subscribed for HBO for as long as I can remember. Today is the first day I'm realizing it would be nice to have a 3D TV. After watching Avatar for 3 hours on HBO on demand I probably wouldn't use the 3D much again for a while though.

[quote name='wcgravy']But what the OP highlighted was a deal... By subscribing to HBO one would get the lowest price yet for this experience[/QUOTE]

That's pretty terrible logic. If the lowest price a game is selling for is $60, does that make it a deal? I suppose if anything it's a bad "deal".

But I guess it's subjective. If people want to waste their money I'm not stopping them. Also, I paid around $15 for this "experience" in theaters, and that was in IMAX. I'd never imagine people would be willing to spend $10 more than that just for a freaking rental. Sad.

I've yet to see a valid argument for why anyone would pay this price, instead of waiting. Are people realy so impatient to see this 2+ year old movie in 3D on their TV screen that they can't wait for an inevitable Blu-ray release? Do people think it'll never be released separately? This is Avatar we're talking about here, it's going to get released one day. Why anyone would rather rent it for this price now instead of waiting is beyond me.

Gonzo,

Do you have anything else to do besides thread crap? You don't think it's a deal, we got it on your first "post," so move along now. Thanks.

[quote name='Ed_']Gonzo,

Do you have anything else to do besides thread crap? You don't think it's a deal, we got it on your first "post," so move along now. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Debating something is considering thread crapping? Wow...

I was questioned why I wrote "...". I explained it. I was then quoted again and replied. I didn't 1-star the thread, nor insult anyone personally, so I would hardly say I'm thread crapping. If you think it is then you must be new to the Internet or something. I'm merely giving my opinion and questioning why people are paying this. I've yet to here a valid argument posted.

If $60 was the lowest price your hypothetical game was selling for when it was priced much more everywhere else then yes it would be a deal... There isn't in general a "cheap" way to see Avatar in 3D at the moment so I commend the OP for posting what is the cheapest option he happened to discover.

[quote name='wcgravy']But what the OP highlighted was a deal... By subscribing to HBO one would get the lowest price yet for this experience[/QUOTE]Lol Wow. If you subscribe to HBO just to see Avatar in 3D, you need to see a neurologist.

[quote name='ssjmichael']
I've yet to see a valid argument for why anyone would pay this price, instead of waiting. Are people realy so impatient to see this 2+ year old movie in 3D on their TV screen that they can't wait for an inevitable Blu-ray release? Do people think it'll never be released separately? This is Avatar we're talking about here, it's going to get released one day. Why anyone would rather rent it for this price now instead of waiting is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

It's Christmas. My entire family is together for several days. We get a brand new big screen 3D television. There is lots of discussion over what to watch. We are all agreed that we want to watch something in 3D. Several people suggest watching Avatar, assuming it is already available on Blu-Ray. The only movies we have that are in 3D are Disney releases, which almost no one wants to watch.

The options are
A) watch a movie no one wants to watch
B) leave the house and fight Christmas season crowds to find a movie we agree on
C) pay $25 to rent Avatar in 3D, a film we all want to watch

I'd say there are totally valid scenarios for someone to choose to rent it rather than wait.

By sheer coincidence I looked at the on demand movie list yesterday noticed this same thing. There may be plenty of people that have HBO and 3D capablities that don't know. Deal or not, this is definitely a public service announcement.

Thanks, OP.

its been on HBO off and on 4 ages now. Also 3d on demand\cable stinks compared to blurays.

I just watched this last night and was actually impressed with it. The 3d effect was much better than I was expecting. 24.99 for renting is quite pricey, in my opinion, and to me doesn't constitute a deal, but if people want to pay that, who are we to talk crap about it? For an HBO subscriber, this is great. I never knew this was even an option before reading this thread. I look forward to purchasing this when it finally becomes available to the masses though.

bread's done
Back