Avatar and sig options missing from profile

sblymnlcrymnl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (99%)
Yeah. They're not there, and I'd like to change them. This makes me a saaad panda. Any ideas why Cheapy? Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, so Trakan figured it out; CheapAssGreen is broken. I'm sure steps will be made to correct this.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']It's working for me, as you can probably tell from the nice addition to the last line of my sig. :wink:[/quote]

It's "you're" genius. :wink:

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']It's working for me, as you can probably tell from the nice addition to the last line of my sig. :wink:[/quote]

It's "you're" genius. :wink:[/quote]

I know, that wasn't the addition. Though you've probably already noticed.

Hmm, I tried changing my avatar last night and now it's like there is no picture there. What's going on?

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']It's working for me, as you can probably tell from the nice addition to the last line of my sig. :wink:[/quote]

I know, that wasn't the addition. Though you've probably already noticed.[/quote]

Actually I didn't. :lol:

Just so you know, Cheapy really, really doesn't like it when people do that.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']It's working for me, as you can probably tell from the nice addition to the last line of my sig. :wink:[/quote]

You should probably get rid of that. [-X

EDIT: Ok, it's changed now.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']It's working for me, as you can probably tell from the nice addition to the last line of my sig. :wink:[/quote]

I know, that wasn't the addition. Though you've probably already noticed.[/quote]

Actually I didn't. :lol:

Just so you know, Cheapy really, really doesn't like it when people do that.[/quote]

I know, you've mentioned it many times before. I just did that to test whether I could change my sig.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']It's working for me, as you can probably tell from the nice addition to the last line of my sig. :wink:[/quote]

You should probably get rid of that. [/quote]

Yeah, I agree.

Edit: Nevermind, it's gone already.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']It's working for me, as you can probably tell from the nice addition to the last line of my sig. :wink:[/quote]

You should probably get rid of that. [-X[/quote]

You're a little late there.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']It's working for me, as you can probably tell from the nice addition to the last line of my sig. :wink:[/quote]

You're a little late there.[/quote]

You must have changed it while I was posting. Damn you and your sig changing abilities! :evil: :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']It's working for me, as you can probably tell from the nice addition to the last line of my sig. :wink:[/quote]

You're a little late there.[/quote]

You must have changed it while I was posting. Damn you and your sig changing abilities! :evil: :lol:[/quote]

Jealous much? :wink:

I'm betting money that I found out the problem. The CheapAssGreen template is fucked up. I switched to orange and now I can change it. Crash, you're using orange, right? And sblymnl, you're using Green, right?

[quote name='Trakan']I'm betting money that I found out the problem. The CheapAssGreen template is shaq-fued up. I switched to orange and now I can change it. Crash, you're using orange, right? And sblymnl, you're using Green, right?[/quote]

Yes ... let me try that ...

Well the avatar changed but while the sig box is there it's not working. :(

EDIT: Now it is! Thanks Trakan.

Yeah, I was adding a hack that was supposed to remove the optional fields from the registration screen. Because the green template is the only one that can be viewed at registration, that's the one that was affected.

I think I got it working properly now.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I was adding a hack that was supposed to remove the optional fields from the registration screen. Because the green template is the only one that can be viewed at registration, that's the one that was affected.

I think I got it working properly now.[/quote]

I figured it was something like that once Trakan discovered only CheapAssGreen was affected.

I just switched back and the avatar selector has returned while the sig box is still missing.

I'm having kind of a different problem, but along the same lines. If I go to change my signature or email address or even my avatar, I change something, and I go to click 'submit' on the bottom and it just seems to refresh the page, instead of me getting the screen that says "profile has been changed!" And the changes don't take effect at all. I use Firefox, but I also switched over to IE and had the same problem. I switched over to CheapAssGreen and changed one part of my sig to test, and it worked. Then I tried to change my sig again, and had the same problem, now even the templates won't load. Maybe my proxies or firewall or something weird like that, I don't know. Any ideas?

[quote name='Trakan']This is weird...Now some of my posts have my sig, and some have nothing there at all.[/quote]

Because when you were on green it erased your sig and turned off the "always attach my sig" option. I'm guessing ...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Trakan']This is weird...Now some of my posts have my sig, and some have nothing there at all.[/quote]

Because when you were on green it erased your sig and turned off the "always attach my sig" option. I'm guessing ...[/quote]

Good Guess. That did happen, and I turned it back on, but now it's still not showing my sig in all of my posts. I don't know.

[quote name='modium']I'm having kind of a different problem, but along the same lines. If I go to change my signature or email address or even my avatar, I change something, and I go to click 'submit' on the bottom and it just seems to refresh the page, instead of me getting the screen that says "profile has been changed!" And the changes don't take effect at all. I use Firefox, but I also switched over to IE and had the same problem. I switched over to CheapAssGreen and changed one part of my sig to test, and it worked. Then I tried to change my sig again, and had the same problem, now even the templates won't load. Maybe my proxies or firewall or something weird like that, I don't know. Any ideas?[/quote]

That same exact thing has been happening to me for months. Defender seemed unable to figure out what the prob could be - but he was kind enough to replace my avatar when i couldn't fix it myself. but yeah, my sig pic just disappeared, and I can't change anything in my profile anymore no matter what i try.

It sucks.

EDIT: OK, now all of a sudden I was able to change my "location," but only once. When I tried to change it again, or update my sig, i ran into the same ol' probs. bah.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Trakan']This is weird...Now some of my posts have my sig, and some have nothing there at all.[/quote]

Because when you were on green it erased your sig and turned off the "always attach my sig" option. I'm guessing ...[/quote]

Good Guess. That did happen, and I turned it back on, but now it's still not showing my sig in all of my posts. I don't know.[/quote]

I guess it doesn't attach sigs if you told it not to when you posted, which is what happened when it switched off the option. I went through about 20 posts myself and edited them to attach my sig. :lol:

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']CheapAssOrange wins!!! CheapAssGreen sucks!!![/quote]

I'm still on orange, but only because it matches my sig better. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']CheapAssOrange wins!!! CheapAssGreen sucks!!![/quote]

I'm still on orange, but only because it matches my sig better. :lol:[/quote]

just about anything would go well with that sig.... :cool:

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']CheapAssOrange wins!!! CheapAssGreen sucks!!![/quote]

just about anything would go well with that sig.... :cool:[/quote] :twisted:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']CheapAssOrange wins!!! CheapAssGreen sucks!!![/quote]

just about anything would go well with that sig.... :cool:[/quote] :twisted:[/quote]

sblymnlcrymnl, you are never allowed to change your sig. =P~ =P~ =P~

[quote name='Moxio']Woo! CheapAssOrange 4 life!!1[/quote]

Hell yea. Green sucks. I cannot understand how you guys use it. I cannot even read anything written on that green background

[quote name='neocisco'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']CheapAssOrange wins!!! CheapAssGreen sucks!!![/quote]

just about anything would go well with that sig.... :cool:[/quote] :twisted:[/quote]

sblymnlcrymnl, you are never allowed to change your sig. =P~ =P~ =P~[/quote]

:lol: I get that every time I put up a new one. :D

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Moxio']Woo! CheapAssOrange 4 life!!1[/quote]

Hell yea. Green sucks. I cannot understand how you guys use it. I cannot even read anything written on that green background[/quote]

I don't know, the orange looks weird because there are certain things that are always green anyway and it just looks wrong. Also I've always used green so I'm used to it.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='modium']I'm having kind of a different problem, but along the same lines. If I go to change my signature or email address or even my avatar, I change something, and I go to click 'submit' on the bottom and it just seems to refresh the page, instead of me getting the screen that says "profile has been changed!" And the changes don't take effect at all. I use Firefox, but I also switched over to IE and had the same problem. I switched over to CheapAssGreen and changed one part of my sig to test, and it worked. Then I tried to change my sig again, and had the same problem, now even the templates won't load. Maybe my proxies or firewall or something weird like that, I don't know. Any ideas?[/quote]

That same exact thing has been happening to me for months. Defender seemed unable to figure out what the prob could be - but he was kind enough to replace my avatar when i couldn't fix it myself. but yeah, my sig pic just disappeared, and I can't change anything in my profile anymore no matter what i try.

It sucks.

EDIT: OK, now all of a sudden I was able to change my "location," but only once. When I tried to change it again, or update my sig, i ran into the same ol' probs. bah.[/quote]

I've been running into these problems, too. It sucks, I've been trying for awhile now to change my avatar but I can't freaking do it!

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='modium']I'm having kind of a different problem, but along the same lines. If I go to change my signature or email address or even my avatar, I change something, and I go to click 'submit' on the bottom and it just seems to refresh the page, instead of me getting the screen that says "profile has been changed!" And the changes don't take effect at all. I use Firefox, but I also switched over to IE and had the same problem. I switched over to CheapAssGreen and changed one part of my sig to test, and it worked. Then I tried to change my sig again, and had the same problem, now even the templates won't load. Maybe my proxies or firewall or something weird like that, I don't know. Any ideas?[/quote]

It sucks.

EDIT: OK, now all of a sudden I was able to change my "location," but only once. When I tried to change it again, or update my sig, i ran into the same ol' probs. bah.[/quote]

Try it when you are not behind a proxy...

Well, I figured out my problem. I kept changing stuff in my profile , and it always worked, unless I changed my signature. So I tried just erasing the whole signature, that worked. So, I thought maybe the picture I wanted to use was too big, 496 wide. So, I did a little resizing, down to 400, and voila, it worked.

I did a little searching on the boards, and couldn't come across any signature image limitations. Maybe it won't accept anything too wide, because of the tables? Just my two cents, but resizing worked for me.

Thanks for trying anyway, everyone.

[quote name='modium']Well, I figured out my problem. I kept changing stuff in my profile , and it always worked, unless I changed my signature. So I tried just erasing the whole signature, that worked. So, I thought maybe the picture I wanted to use was too big, 496 wide. So, I did a little resizing, down to 400, and voila, it worked.

I did a little searching on the boards, and couldn't come across any signature image limitations. Maybe it won't accept anything too wide, because of the tables? Just my two cents, but resizing worked for me.

Thanks for trying anyway, everyone.[/quote]

Look right next to the signature box, it says:

1 image(s) with none larger than 200x468 pixels and for a maximum of 51Kb.

My problem was the same. The sig requirements changed since I last altered it, so my picture no longer met the requirements.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Look right next to the signature box, it says:

1 image(s) with none larger than 200x468 pixels and for a maximum of 51Kb.
[/quote]

Whoops. :oops: You know how you look at something every day, and eventually forget it's there? That, and I'm dumb. :p Sorry 'bout that.

bread's done
Back