IT come from the old greek words Avi-meaning forum, and Tar- meaning picture. and thus the name was made........or something like that.

A god's avatar (in one mythology or another) was either his human form or a human that had his power or something to that affect. Anyways basically his avatar was his image.. thusly internet avatars.

edit - From dictionary.com..

The descent of a deity to earth, and his incarnation as a man or an animal; -- chiefly associated with the incarnations of Vishnu.

So basically it was a god's human form.

um in warcraft 3 avatar is what makes the mountain king grow bigger and gain bonus life and attack, plus he becomes immune to spells, pretty uber if you ask me.

[quote name='BigNick']If you click on profile, you can add an avatar. I have one, see.[/quote]

Your avatar sucks balls. It looks like an art school dropout made it in 15 minutes or less.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='BigNick']If you click on profile, you can add an avatar. I have one, see.[/quote]

Your avatar sucks balls. It looks like an art school dropout made it in 15 minutes or less.[/quote]

That cut deep, WSB.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='BigNick']If you click on profile, you can add an avatar. I have one, see.[/quote]

Your avatar sucks balls. It looks like an art school dropout made it in 15 minutes or less.[/quote]

I know. I wish I knew who did it, I would kick him in the nutz.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='BigNick']If you click on profile, you can add an avatar. I have one, see.[/quote]

I know. I wish I knew who did it, I would kick him in the nutz.[/quote]

Yea, lets all get our pitchforks and torches and get that terrible artist,

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='BigNick']If you click on profile, you can add an avatar. I have one, see.[/quote]

That cut deep, WSB.[/quote]

I have a really big sword.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='BigNick']If you click on profile, you can add an avatar. I have one, see.[/quote]

With steel toe bootz. DE-NUT'D!

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='BigNick']If you click on profile, you can add an avatar. I have one, see.[/quote]

Yea, lets all get our pitchforks and torches and get that terrible artist,[/quote]

Pitchfork him in his booted nutz.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='BigNick']If you click on profile, you can add an avatar. I have one, see.[/quote]

Yea, lets all get our pitchforks and torches and get that terrible artist,[/quote]

Pitchfork him in his booted nutz.[/quote]

thats almost as bad as sticking your d8ck in battery acidt

bread's done
Back