Avatar the game $19.99 360/Wii/PS3 Best Buy Free Ship

[quote name='dino88']Probably dropping so fast because the movie bombed.[/QUOTE]

I really hope you're joking...

Actually, from what I've read, it's actually a pretty decent movie tie-in. Not all movie games are bad (X-Men Origins: Wolverine comes to mind), just most of them. At that price I may give it a shot.

i heard meh things about this game. $20 bucks isnt bad if you liked the movie and your an achievement whore on the 360. Anyone here played through the game? Easy achievements?

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I really hope you're joking...

Actually, from what I've read, it's actually a pretty decent movie tie-in. Not all movie games are bad (X-Men Origins: Wolverine comes to mind), just most of them. At that price I may give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

Wolverine is the exception because they were making a Wolverine game anyway, then got the movie tie-in.

What makes video games based on movies bad is that there's a short period of time to develop the game because you have to rush it out to coincide with the movie release. And instead of trying to make a game that's about the movie, they just make a game look like the movie, whether or not it's even the right type of gameplay for it.

I would not recommend this game unless have some form of extraordinary fanaticism for the film and wish to experience the atmosphere. The achievements are not the most simple in the world, you must accomplish multiple sub-objectives in every sector of the world. You can go back but one or two things can be missed forever due to scripting glitches. You also must complete the game as two factions which have individual campaigns. Graphically, the game looks excellent and will supposedly support 3D visuals in the future. I have heard the PS3 might be easier to utilize the enhancement. This really will not help this generic hack-and-slash and shooter. The AI is terrible, with enemies following your for minutes, auto-targeting your vehicle which leaves you stranded, and simply overwhelming you at some points. Buy at your own risk.

dang i want this one...i wonder if the price will stay like this. i want to pick this up, its just not a priority pick up

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
GameCrazy trade-in value is currently base $15. This ain't a bad deal if you intend on trading it in sometime soon

[quote name='dino88']Probably dropping so fast because the movie bombed.[/QUOTE]

I loled.

Thanks for heads up OP, although I think I'll pass given the backlog I currently have :D

I hate it when the price drops/sales skip the PC version. This looks fantastic with a 3D Vision setup, but the PC version is still at $30.

not a TERRIBLE game... it is okay and you will probably like it (to some extent) if you enjoyed the movie .... Worth $20

The game was sweet at first with potential but fighting as the blue guy was boring as hell. You can pick sides but i went blue on my playthrough. It is worth the $20 just do not expect it to be super good. It feels like between a budget game and a full grown hit. :)

Yeah, it actually also counts as one of the games for the Trade 2 for $40 off FFXIII/God of War 3, so this may be a good option.

OMG what's with the gamers HATING this movie??? :roll:

You NEED to realize James Cameron has done so much with this movie that probably WILL HELP VG-based movies being actually GOOD in the future!

I HATE it when most of your average audience thought the movie was Awesome, but when it comes to Gamers out of all people they are actually the ones think it sucks! What gives? :roll:

[quote name='poker360']not a TERRIBLE game... it is okay and you will probably like it (to some extent) if you enjoyed the movie .... Worth $20[/QUOTE]

I concur. I thoroughly enjoyed some parts of the game, riding the banshees in particular. Its a bit monotonous, but there is a radical difference in playstyle between the humans and Na'vi. If you want all the achievements/trophies its a pretty lengthy game and I can say I enjoyed my time with it. Definetely better than your average tie-in game. It feels like a poor man's Lost Planet with some Dynasty Warriors thrown in.

It also has an abundance of what 99.9% of other games are lacking...sexy blue catpeople.

[quote name='superjedi']omg what's with the gamers hating this movie??? :roll:

You need to realize james cameron has done so much with this movie that probably will help vg-based movies being actually good in the future!

I hate it when most of your average audience thought the movie was awesome, but when it comes to gamers out of all people they are actually the ones think it sucks! What gives? :roll:[/quote]

the guy was joking!

[quote name='SuperJedi']OMG what's with the gamers HATING this movie??? :roll:

You NEED to realize James Cameron has done so much with this movie that probably WILL HELP VG-based movies being actually GOOD in the future!

I HATE it when most of your average audience thought the movie was Awesome, but when it comes to Gamers out of all people they are actually the ones think it sucks! What gives? :roll:[/QUOTE]

SomeONE forgot to TAKE their! Medication toDAY!

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I really hope you're joking...

Actually, from what I've read, it's actually a pretty decent movie tie-in. Not all movie games are bad (X-Men Origins: Wolverine comes to mind), just most of them. At that price I may give it a shot.[/QUOTE]
movie sucked imo and i heard the game sucked harder.

i wouldnt take this game if they gave it to me

i would take 19.99 if they gave that to me

I'll probably wait for this to hit the same price or lower at Amazon and then pick it up. I really liked the movie and the game is supposed to be a real graphical showcase, so as long as the gameplay is okay, I'll get some entertainment out of it.

bread's done
Back