Avengers 2 age of ultron pre order 19.99 (one disk blu ray) 24.99 (2 disk blu ray) @ amazon

Finally everything went perfect I was able to get the Ultron Steelbook , use my $10 rewards points, and store pick up ....THANK YOU GUYS (for updates) AND BEST BUY

Is there any major difference between the steelbook versions and the version that says collector's edition at the top?

I just got both steelbooks for store pickup because I couldn't decide between them and better safe than sorry! But they were also available for shipping as well just now.

Not seeing in-store pickup. I've been looking for it a few days now. Debating whether to buy the Steelbook version at Bestbuy or as a fulfillment title at Disney Movie Club. Hoping there'll be a deal for other Marvel titles too.

Wow didn't realize how old this thread seems.  I just pre-ordered the Vision steelbook, honestly in hopes that someone has a duplicate GOTG Steelbook they would be willing to trade me for.

Both steelbook 3D version will be $19.99 this friday instore. Nebraska Furniture Mart nfm.com have regular 3D VERSION for $17.

Amazon has the 1 disk Version for 17.99$ right now. I'll price match on Friday
There is no need. Who do you think Amazon King of Price matching is price matching? Both Target and BB will be selling the single disk for that price. But you are better off spending $2 more and getting the 3D combo pack. You get 3DBD and BD and the digital copy. Plus BB has the steelbook at the same price.

There is no need. Who do you think Amazon King of Price matching is price matching? Both Target and BB will be selling the single disk for that price. But you are better off spending $2 more and getting the 3D combo pack. You get 3DBD and BD and the digital copy. Plus BB has the steelbook at the same price.
I wasn't sure if bestbuy was going to have it for that price or not so thanks for the update ^_^. I don't do 3d or digital btw

So I got my Steelbooks from Best Buy today...I ordered one of each for delivery.  They sent me 2 Visions, lol.  Someone was drunk when they picked my order, or just didn't care.

2nd time this week Best Buy dropped the ball for me.

So I got my Steelbooks from Best Buy today...I ordered one of each for delivery. They sent me 2 Visions, lol. Someone was drunk when they picked my order, or just didn't care.

2nd time this week Best Buy dropped the ball for me.
If I end up with two of one type, methinks I'm going to lose my shit.

Checking my UPS tracking number, they're supposedly out for delivery today, instead of Monday. Guess I'll wait them out and see if I get one of each like I'm supposed to or not. If not, time for an in-store pickup order.

If I end up with two of one type, methinks I'm going to lose my shit.

Checking my UPS tracking number, they're supposedly out for delivery today, instead of Monday. Guess I'll wait them out and see if I get one of each like I'm supposed to or not. If not, time for an in-store pickup order.
I was able to exchange one of the Visions in store for an Ultron. It was painless. Lucky for me my Boss is on vacation. :whistle2:

Well I just went in store to bag one of each type and my offer stands.  I'd be willing to trade either a Vision OR Ultron SB for a new GOTG SB.

Went into Best Buy while out for lunch and I was amazed how many steelbooks they had.  2 or 3 displays full of them..... and that was just at the entrance, didn't really look in the movies section itself  I suspect they'll last the weekend at least.

Kinda wish I'd done site to store now, if only I'd known I was gonna be nearby anyways lol.

Last edited:
Went into Best Buy while out for lunch and I was amazed how many steelbooks they had. Displays full of them. I suspect they'll last the weekend at least.

Kinda wish I'd done site to store now, if only I'd known I was gonna be nearby anyways lol.
The closest store to me had one display and almost all the SB's were gone except for the very bottom when I was leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:
just got back from best buy. 

as usual the flippers came in and took multiple copies funny thing is when i went to look at how much they were going for online it wasn't as much as guardians was.

i did notice more people got ultron over vision though. 

as usual the flippers came in and took multiple copies funny thing is when i went to look at how much they were going for online it wasn't as much as guardians was.

Yeah well it's not quite as unique a cover as Guardians I'll admit.

It's so beautiful

91cSh.jpg

giphy.gif

Oooooohhhhhh!!!! I didn't realize the shot for the other steelbook was the first "Avengers" steel, my bad.
It was one of those $5 down when you pre-ordered it at Best Buy. You remember those right? The ones everybody would buy just to sell and not pickup the preorder and keep the case.

It was one of those $5 down when you pre-ordered it at Best Buy. You remember those right? The ones everybody would buy just to sell and not pickup the preorder and keep the case.
I remember it well because I was not actually going to buy it at launch, but then Target supposedly made a snafu and listed it for $20 for 3D (this was at the height of the 3D craze, 20$ for 3D was unheard of launch) so I called literally every BBY near me one had it but no copies of the movie I literally went to another BBY bought movie there, went to the other and returned and PMd Target to get ti for $20.

They usually sell out instantly due to scalpers that's why
Ya I actually met my local Vegas scapler today.. Older looking guy looking thru all the steelbooks for Ultron versions since the store only had Vision so he must of thought Ultron might sell more later on

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I actually met my local Vegas scapler today.. Older looking guy looking thru all the steelbooks for Ultron versions since the store only had Vision so he must of thought Ultron might sell more later on
Where at in Vegas? I lived in Centennial Hills up until this past March, and I swear that scalper was a professional. This time around, no issues in San Antonio.

Where at in Vegas? I lived in Centennial Hills up until this past March, and I swear that scalper was a professional. This time around, no issues in San Antonio.
Well this time I was at the one near 215 and Charleston but lately I been seeing this guy that looks like he would be homeless searching thru all the steelbooks.. At first I thought he was just a fan but I can totally tell he resells them

Heads up for Target buyers, there is cartwheel that expires tommrow

10% off any Blu/DvD version

so for 3D

$17.99 -10% = $16.20

Why does everyone blame flippers when something that is LIMITED sells out quickly on a very popular item? I did a ebay search and came up with 617 results for age of ultron steelbook, it doesn't seem like all stocks were drained nationwide and put on ebay.

I mean you obviously wanted one for yourself, as did I and others on here. Well that's a dozen people out of over 300 million so it's not hard to imagine a limited item sold out especially on release day of this past summers biggest movie.

Besides, even if it did sell out it isn't like that was the only way you can ever own it on blu ray.

Why does everyone blame flippers when something that is LIMITED sells out quickly on a very popular item? I did a ebay search and came up with 617 results for age of ultron steelbook, it doesn't seem like all stocks were drained nationwide and put on ebay.

I mean you obviously wanted one for yourself, as did I and others on here. Well that's a dozen people out of over 300 million so it's not hard to imagine a limited item sold out especially on release day of this past summers biggest movie.

Besides, even if it did sell out it isn't like that was the only way you can ever own it on blu ray.
So when this woman picked up 40+ Bowser Jr.s from the local TRU the evening it came out, she wanted them all for herself?

No. Scalpers are a problem, especially in this society where more and more people think they are owed a living without working. I'm not saying scalping was bad with this release; lord knows we have our share of them in this town and I still saw no shortage of both these steelbooks, and pre-orders were pretty widely available. This release felt like it was handled well, but I've seen too many others that weren't. Just because you and I were lucky enough to not have to fight them off this time doesn't mean others weren't.

Though again, I'd have to ask the guy, why not just order it online? Was the shipping a bitch or something?

Last edited:

I like to collect steel books? But most of the time it usually goes straight up to eBay. What are they going to do with 5 copies of the steel book? horde them? give them away to family and friends? lol

When I went to get the steel book on Friday I overheard one guy telling another to get a lot of copies you can make a lot of money selling these online.

I like to collect steel books? But most of the time it usually goes straight up to eBay. What are they going to do with 5 copies of the steel book? horde them? give them away to family and friends? lol

When I went to get the steel book on Friday I overheard one guy telling another to get a lot of copies you can make a lot of money selling these online.
I love steelbooks as much as the next guy, and will choose steelbooks every time the cost is otherwise equitable, but who are these people buying the scalper prices on ebay? Is the box the disc is stored in that important?

I love steelbooks as much as the next guy, and will choose steelbooks every time the cost is otherwise equitable, but who are these people buying the scalper prices on ebay? Is the box the disc is stored in that important?
Agreed, this is why I'm trying to trade for a new copy of the Guardians SB.

bread's done
Back