Avengers 3D $19.99 at Target YMMV?

vanton619

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I picked up the Avengers 3D at Target this morning (with bonus disc) and it rang up for $19.99. I don't know if it's a glitch or the regular sale price. I'd say YMMV for now. I got the price at the Rockaway, NJ store.

Does Target still have the Raincheck policy where if an item doesnt come back in stock, you can get the same discount on another item?

I got a raincheck on Avengers because my Target sold out of the 4 disk edition the first day. There's no other Targets near me, my Target still hasnt restocked and from posts here, it seems like even if my store does get restocked, the bonus disk wont be included in subsequent shipments.

So I'm wondering if I can use the raincheck on something if the 4 disk with bonus disk doesnt come back in stock.

The store I was at had a sign that they weren't even giving out rainchecks. For those of you who managed to get one, at least you have some hope they might restock.

I gave up and just walked across to the Best Buy, went to the Customer Service desk and they were nice enough to pricematch it even without the ad since the Target was right next door. Used my $5 RC and got it for $14.99. Still, I would have liked to get the exclusive disk at Target but what can you do? If they don't stock up enough to meet demand, it's as much their loss as it is ours.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']It's pretty much confirmed that next week will be back up to $29.99 again (the whole $19.99 sale was because Target made an error in the 1st place, and of course other retailers like Amazon had to match it or lose some of their business to Target).

As for the Exclusive Blu-ray Disc that Target always offers, that one won't last long either.

I've been buying a lot of my Blu-ray seasons at Target for their Exclusive Disc, from The Office to Heroes to now.

Those Exclusive Discs are very LIMITED, more so than any "Limited Edition" sets out there and they usually last about 3 or 5 weeks of printing (depending on the title) before they won't make them no more and just ship the standard version.

Some lasts longer, others don't.

The Bambi set with Target Exclusive Disc is a good example. That one didn't last long.

I remember when Heroes Season 1 came out and Target had the bonus 8th disc, that one sold out fast! It took only 2 weeks before Target started shipping out the standard sets without the 8th disc anymore. I was lucky enough to find one, 2 weeks after relese, while sorting out through the standard sets.[/QUOTE]

Or the Target Exclusive - Game of Thrones Season 1 BD with Target Exclusive Bonus Disc now going for over $140.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Complete-Exclusive-Creating/dp/B007HNC31M

I can't believe I was at the store when this was still in stock for just $45, and now I've been hitting myself on the head for not picking it up at that time.

This maybe the last time you can get The Avengers 3D with Target Exclusive BD for $20 because indication is that it will be $30 by tomorrow and good chance that subsequent shipments will start to phase out the Exclusive 5th Disc.

Picked this up in store today at Target. They had plenty to go around. Lots with damaged slipcases though thanks to the security cases. Used the $1 coupon that Target had and got it a bit cheaper than the regular price. :)

as much as i wouldve liked to find a copy i think i'll be ok with the 2 disc edition (plus bonus disc). i dont have a 3D TV and dont really watch movies on my computer. so i'm not really missing out on anything i would've used...but dang the CAG in me still feels a little ripped off lol

Finally got to watching the Target Exclusive 5th Disc!

Couple of things to point out:

#1 - Bonus disc is actually on a Blu-ray Disc! Sweet mother 1080p HD!

#2 - Running time is more 100 minutes! It was labeled as being just 90 mins, but actually clocks in at over 98 mins. Total run time is 1 hour 38 minutes 20 seconds.

#3 - It's awesome! It starts off with the introduction to The Avengers, then goes to The Beginnings of Marvel Studios, then spends about 15 mins each on how all the movies were made with interviews and behind the scenes: Iron Man 1, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, and finishes off with how all they came together in The Avengers! Lots of Scarlett Johansson behind the scenes too!

#4 - Ending Credit Scene! Just like all the Marvel films, this documentary disc humorously ends with an after credit scene too! A look behind the Schwarma scene - which was the after credit scene of The Avengers!

This disc was easily worth getting the Target version.

It was basically like getting a $9.99 Blu-ray movie for free!

Great documentary movie!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Checking back in on this thread to see how everyone made out, I'm very surprised to hear so many stores sold out on Day 1.

On Tuesday, I had my girlfriend snag me a copy near her work in Saratoga, NY--which is a pretty major area around us, no small-time there--and she said that A)there was no sign anywhere mentioning the "oopsy" price and that they were all marked on the shelf as the $25 sale price, and B) they had a *ton* of copies everywhere--in the department on an endcap, by the front registers, just all over the place.

We had stopped into another, closer target last weekend to see if we could spot any kind of signage about the $20 special and there was nothing to be found either in Electronics or at the Weekly Ad board, so we figured it was YMMV. When she was in the store that Tuesday, she texted to let me know the sign said $25 and that was OK but I was a little bummed. She immediately texted me back from the registers to say it rang up at $20, lol.

/ramble

[quote name='SpiderKnight']Finally got to watching the Target Exclusive 5th Disc!

Couple of things to point out:

#1 - Bonus disc is actually on a Blu-ray Disc! Sweet mother 1080p HD!

#2 - Running time is more 100 minutes! It was labeled as being just 90 mins, but actually clocks in at over 98 mins. Total run time is 1 hour 38 minutes 20 seconds.

#3 - It's awesome! It starts off with the introduction to The Avengers, then goes to The Beginnings of Marvel Studios, then spends about 15 mins each on how all the movies were made with interviews and behind the scenes: Iron Man 1, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, and finishes off with how all they came together in The Avengers! Lots of Scarlett Johansson behind the scenes too!

#4 - Ending Credit Scene! Just like all the Marvel films, this documentary disc humorously ends with an after credit scene too! A look behind the Schwarma scene - which was the after credit scene of The Avengers!

This disc was easily worth getting the Target version.

It was basically like getting a $9.99 Blu-ray movie for free!

Great documentary movie!

:applause: :applause: :applause:[/QUOTE]
Agreed, that was a real good and long documentary.

I was surprised they even mentioned Fox and Sony's rights about the X-Men and Spider-Man movies.

It was funny hearing how Hollywood writes/directors kept passing up on Marvel Studios in the early days of doing Iron Man, but now after the Avengers success these same people are lining up trying to get in on the next Marvel project.

That was funny. I always stay to check the credits and these scenes just in case.

A friend of mine bought the target version and he didn't want the extras. So, I traded with him for the one that I got from best buy (minus the steelbook) and gave him $1 extra for it. I got the steelbook, the regular case and the target extra disc. The steelbook kinda nice, it has 3 discs holder on it. The regular blu ray case only got 2 discs holder.. So, the Avengers 3D combo all together got 5 discs.

I have a Target raincheck receipt for 2 of the 3D deluxe combo packs at $19.99 each. I'm hoping someone has an extra BBY Avengers steelcase (or some other steelcase or trade offer) that they would be interested in trading for this. PM me if so.

bread's done
Back